Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Willla2)
lol i broke it again...ah well
Looks ok to me

G
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Squishy)
Well, it was a good idea. I think the table is going to become huge though. I suppose a searchable database would be too much hassle though.
Lol...sounds like you've laid down a challenge!!!!!

G
Willla2
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
That's hardly a challenge....your details are stored in a database already, so searching is eeeeeasy

And I broke it by accidentally creating an infinite loop...which i corrected as soon as I saw it.

And is it me or is ukl being VVEEEEEEEEERRRY slow!?
gzftan
Rep:
?
That's hardly a challenge....your details are stored in a database already, so searching is eeeeeasy

And I broke it by accidentally creating an infinite loop...which i corrected as soon as I saw it.

And is it me or is ukl being VVEEEEEEEEERRRY slow!?
It's always slow for me

G
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, but are you going to bother putting up a page for us to search for people from the same college and subject? Kind of like the Cam email search.
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
i will i will, all in good time my faithful friend. At the moment I am just getting a login system working so that I can start fiddling around with preferences!
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
Yay Freshers Pack!!!!!!!!!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Yay Freshers Pack!!!!!!!!!
Oooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I got three letters this morning but still no freshers pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's in yours???

G
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmm, I've just downloaded all the Alt Pro and I'm starting on the Freshers' Guide. Nothing in the mail yet...
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
From the Fresher's Guide..."It is pure myth that 'Cambridge People' don't sometimes have problems with thier studies".

Nice...
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
so far my freshers pack is just rules rules and more rules....URGH!!!!!!
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so far my freshers pack is just rules rules and more rules....URGH!!!!!!
Is it college-specific or for everyone?
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Oooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I got three letters this morning but still no freshers pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's in yours???

G
Geoff, how come you got a list of pre-uni parties if you haven't got your fresher's pack?
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
no it's all college specific so far *weeps*
but there is some stuff relating to the university as a whole....it's a huge thick pack...i'm not reading everything atm, just trying to go through and see if there is anything that needs my immediate attention!
rockindemon
Report 15 years ago
anyone actually thinking about going to these little 'shindigs'? 'Party' is not the word for a 6-8 jobby
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
i plan to go to my local one!

hmmm, I'm in a grade 4 (out of 8) room......i hope it's not tooo crappy!!!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Squishy: I dunno..they just sent it to me with the acceptance letter....i expect everyone else will receive it with their freshers packs.

Rockindemon: Yeah..i'm going to the London one. I know its not really a party, but i guess the idea is meet new people between 6-8pm and then head off to the pub afterwards, that way they save on dishing out refreshments

G
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Squishy: I dunno..they just sent it to me with the acceptance letter....i expect everyone else will receive it with their freshers packs.

Rockindemon: Yeah..i'm going to the London one. I know its not really a party, but i guess the idea is meet new people between 6-8pm and then head off to the pub afterwards, that way they save on dishing out refreshments

G
Please, call me Simon.

6-8pm eh? If that was two hours in Jack Bauer's life, he would've stopped about 15 terrorist plots already.
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Please, call me Simon.

6-8pm eh? If that was two hours in Jack Bauer's life, he would've stopped about 15 terrorist plots already.
Lol :rolleyes:
gzftan
Rep:
?
Please, call me Simon.

Lol...only 15?? He's slipping!!

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads