Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Willa: The profile update/modify doesn't work.
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
finally! aargh uklis soo slow atm! its even worse than before i had bb!
(Original post by vBulletin)
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
:mad: :mad:

and i couldn't get on the net at all last night... so about 6 pages to catch up with!
have added my name on willa's little table very good idea btw, but there's still no-one on my selwyn row or my architecture column
no freshers pack for me either
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
finally! aargh uklis soo slow atm! its even worse than before i had bb!
:mad: :mad:

and i couldn't get on the net at all last night... so about 6 pages to catch up with!
have added my name on willa's little table very good idea btw, but there's still no-one on my selwyn row or my architecture column
no freshers pack for me either

No-one on my row or column either. I don't get my freshers' pack for a couple of weeks
UndiscoverdSelf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Katie J)
Oh dear...I'm very sorry for questioning your Welsh!
I did it as a second language; very unwillingly at the time! I only got my C as I knew about three phrases in the past tense and could give my opinion! (achos mae'n wych!) I feel ashamed to have that grade, I certainly didn't deserve it!
It's only recently that I've discovered it may be of some use to me afterall!

EDIT: Ahhh, what's all that jumbled computer stuff in the quote? I didn't put it there!!
how dare you question my welsh? and yes it is very useful when you are trying to cheat at cards with ignorant english people
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i am trying to read through my reading list books... only problem is, they're all huge, and i don't know if i'll finish then ALL before i go up :eek: does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have any tips on how to read quickly? are we actually supposed to have read theam all properly, or just kinda had a look at them?
:confused:
Fluffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i am trying to read through my reading list books... only problem is, they're all huge, and i don't know if i'll finish then ALL before i go up :eek: does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have any tips on how to read quickly? are we actually supposed to have read theam all properly, or just kinda had a look at them?
Think it depends what it says on the sheet. The natsci reading list is not 'set' - as in, read what you like as long as its of undergrad standard and about your subject. Does it say anything on the reading list sheet?
UndiscoverdSelf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there's no way i'm going to be able to read all of the books on my reading list (for english)-especially as i'm going to zambia for 3 weeks tomorrow and have only read 3 out of about 30 so far. i don't think they really expect us to finish them all off- i've read the introductory ones and am going to use the others Selectively.

i find the best way to read quickly is to not read chronologically but read the chapter titles, then the subtitles, then the beginning of the paragraph... sort of in macrocosm first and then gradually work down into microcosm. so you get the structure of the argument first, internalise it, then stock up on the details
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willla2)
THERE!....All Fixed....all check your details and just tell me only if it's wrong!
I'm on it. Why am I red and other people blue?

Guys, chill about getting your Freshers' stuff! Over the next few weeks you'll get ridiculous amounts of info, all in different orders. They haven't forgotten you.
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
Right, questions questions:

1) Update profile doesnt work BECAUSE I HAVENT ACTUALLY CODED IT YET.....give me this evening, I'll have it working soon

2) I am experimenting with a system to identify second year students from first year ones.....second year's are in red!
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fluffstar)
Think it depends what it says on the sheet. The natsci reading list is not 'set' - as in, read what you like as long as its of undergrad standard and about your subject. Does it say anything on the reading list sheet?
Haven't you seen their recommendations?
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
No-one on my row or column either. I don't get my freshers' pack for a couple of weeks
Ahem.
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
Grrrr I wanna know if my accomodation is good or not!!!!!!!

And the modify thing works now.

I'm gonna add a few more fields I think. Probably an "Additional Information" field, perhaps an "age" field as well. Anyone got any suggestions?
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
The CamSIS ( http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/ ) has now been updated with fancy filtering code. You can click a column or header to reduce the table, or can use the filtering options at the bottom of the page to reduce the table yourself.
Willla2
Report 15 years ago
Oh, I've now Added a "sex" option, and had to set you all to default as "male" (The more dominant sex of course ). And an additional Information will also be appearing soon.

Updating any information can be done by logging in.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh, I've now Added a "sex" option, and had to set you all to default as "male" (The more dominant sex of course ). And an additional Information will also be appearing soon.

Cheeky sod! Dominant? You wish
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by UndiscoverdSelf)
how dare you question my welsh? and yes it is very useful when you are trying to cheat at cards with ignorant english people
I understand that all too well - I used to lose at cards to Chinese people all the time at college (ten years ago!). I'm sure all their chat meant something about my hands! They had this great game though called thirteens (a bit of a cross between poker and rummy)...

Anyway.. It's boouncy to be able to gabble off about people to other Gaelgeoiri and they people don't know what we are saying

I hope a nice Welshman like yourself wouldn't do that to your Celtic cousins over the water, would you..?!
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago

A sex option... Hmmmm... I opt for Shiny..

Here loverboy..!
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Cheeky sod! Dominant? You wish
Armwrestle you.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Squishy)
Armwrestle you.
*Tickles Squishy under the arm and wins by default.*
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Squishy)
Armwrestle you.
Happily

BTW - If I win, does that proove the Irish are the dominant race?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (33)
8.35%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.35%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (88)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (53)
13.42%
No, nothing has changed (118)
29.87%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
17.72%

Watched Threads