Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    doesnt sound too bad then! Physics is going to be a nightmare! have you done further maths? I havnt and i think they assume you have. Anyone got any suggestions on key bits of the further maths course that would be really helpful for the physics module of Natsci? :confused:
    Mechanics, vectors, differential equations, etc...those are probably the most useful.

ReputationRep:
    Maths is fun It's the only subject I know of where you are able to get full marks without an examiner being able to impart subjectivity into their marking... It's also relatively "easy".. Does anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Maths is fun It's the only subject I know of where you are able to get full marks without an examiner being able to impart subjectivity into their marking... It's also relatively "easy".. Does anyone agree?
    Maths is fun when you get the answer right after about 6 pages of maddening workings - normally coming out with pi or 1 or 0 <grin>

Easy? hell no!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on whether you have a logical mind or not.

ReputationRep:
    It's easy up to a point, but it's always possible to find questions to annoy even the best mathematicians.

I'll be doing NatSci Physics and NatSci Maths (course B) too...I just looked at the stuff on it, and a fair bit is covered in Further Maths thank god.

ReputationRep:
    I guess the title asks the question!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm Tiffany. And my problem is.... Okay, the problem actually is that I arsed up the Physics and English AdvH papers, but never mind. I have an offer to study (or read) Law at Emmanuel in October. I'd love to go. I'd also love to know how I got the offer. 'gzftan', were you asked any specific 'Law' questions at interview, and get them wrong? Anyway, there's something like a 75% chance of me turning up in Cambridge this year - better than nothing .

ReputationRep:
    yes i have done further maths, and no it isnt assumed. If you look at the course, the first term is actually just recapping what you should have already done, so it gives you plenty of time to get up to speed. Your choice on how much maths you wanna cope with depends on whether you choose Maths A or Maths B (B is harder). I'm not sure what 'm gonna do atm, but i can imagine choosin Maths B, and if i cant cope, just dropping down. I like a challenge!

ReputationRep:
    Gd gd..by my reckoning...that's fluffstar, squishy and the Duck on board too...Willa...did you say you were coming this October?? I'll update the first post to show the list of people going. Please also mention subjects and colleges everyone....it'd be nice to get to know you all a bit better!

G

ReputationRep:
    theres a big thread called "the official cambridge 2004 thread" just down the page if you want to look for more peeps for this thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Duck)
    Hi. I'm Tiffany. And my problem is.... Okay, the problem actually is that I arsed up the Physics and English AdvH papers, but never mind. I have an offer to study (or read) Law at Emmanuel in October. I'd love to go. I'd also love to know how I got the offer. 'gzftan', were you asked any specific 'Law' questions at interview, and get them wrong? Anyway, there's something like a 75% chance of me turning up in Cambridge this year - better than nothing .
    Hi there..another law person!!! Wheeeee!!!! To answer your question...they didn't really ask me anything specific on law....but they gave me a list of scenarios, and asked me to talk about what i think should happen in each instance.

For example, Sally has looked after Jim for the past 15 years as his helper. When he dies, his will leaves everything to his niece Ursula. However, a painting is missing from Jim's house, and it is later found hung on Sally's wall at her home. She claims Jim gave it to her before he died, but Ursula claims it belongs to her.

I didn't know what the law says on this matter, so i just said what i thought, and explained it. Sometimes when i gave my answer, the tutor told me the law regarding the matter, then asked how it affected what i thought, etc. I wouldn't have been able to prepare for it beforehand though. I'm baffled as to how i got an offer too...but hey..gift-horse-mouth...not loooking!

I'm sure you'll be at cambridge come October, hopefully i'll see you around in lectures!

G

ReputationRep:
    theres a big thread called "the official cambridge 2004 thread" just down the page if you want to look for more peeps for this thread...
    Cheers...I'll check it out...and PM active members from it, would mean we have more 'members' for our 'club'! hehe.

G

ReputationRep:
    Grades permitting, I'm doing computer science (+ physics and maths in first year) at Robinson.

Good luck to everyone on August 19th.

ReputationRep:
    Yay Robinson!
    (You've just earned yourself a groupie )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Good luck to everyone on August 19th.
    ditto!
    I dont think im going to be able to open the envelope!

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl,
    i've got into churchill to read chemical engineering via natsci (grades permitting!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    It's August 10 for all us Scots! So we'll all be sorted while you guys still suffer that anxious wait... It does mean I can be the one to start the official Cam success/failure thread, which truly is an honour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yay Robinson!
    (You've just earned yourself a groupie )
    Are you going there?

ditto!
    I was tempted to phone in to get my results, but I collected my GCSEs and AS's in person, so I might as well do this one last time.

Oh, and I think Cambridge get our results like a week before we do, so I was wondering if they'd send us stuff before the results actually come out.

ReputationRep:
    ditto!
    Luckily that was last year for me! I have an unconditional offer

ReputationRep:
    Luckily that was last year for me! I have an unconditional offer
    Yeah, rub it in why don't you?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.