Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    well i just tried sending you an email from CamSIS testing account, see if it has come through

The filters might be there be default you see - so you might need to specify that you want stuff to come through
    Hasn't come through, have checked filters and blocks and neither are set up on my account. Shall I sign up again?

ReputationRep:
    no, it's not the CamSIS, it's your email system...if you signup it wont fix anything

is there any option to "create new filter"?

ReputationRep:
    i just sent something through my hotmail account, check that you get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    lol i get an hour for lunch cos its a weekday, so when i've finished eating i go into the library! if you put in your library card number, you can get an hour free onternet time per day!
    Not bad...my local library has (I think) free Internet, but you have to produce your library card...I lost mine ages ago, and can't be bothered to sign up for another one (even though all I need is proof of my address).

ReputationRep:
    good to see stuff is getting through to gmail without probs at least. That means gmail and hotmail are both ok.

ReputationRep:
    i just sent something through my hotmail account, check that you get it!
    Got it! :confused: What's going on?!

ReputationRep:
    good to see stuff is getting through to gmail without probs at least. That means gmail and hotmail are both ok.
    yeah i just reactivated my account through gmail

ReputationRep:
    i just sent you another (hotmail) email, you need to look for a way to "Allow" emails from [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    what do you use to read email? outlook?

ReputationRep:

click on "Manage" and then look for some sort of "Filter" or "Junk mail" option...follow instructions...look around for a way to specify OK Addresses.

ReputationRep:
    Have already done that and checked that I don't have a filter or junk option specified. I don't so all emails should be getting through to me. I can see how to block certain addresses but can't find out how to allow them. Nevermind, will leave it. Thanks for the help though.

ReputationRep:
    no...looking at help files it looks possible

under manage, select "Filters" and then "Add new Filter", and then type in "[email protected]" and then specify that anything from there go to the inbox folder.

ReputationRep:
    I did warn you that I am hopless with computers. Get so scared I'll delete everything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    I did warn you that I am hopless with computers. Get so scared I'll delete everything...
    Excellent, I shall call on your services the next time I'm formatting my hard drive.

ReputationRep:
    gah...wish i was there....could probably fix the problem in a jiff!

ReputationRep:
    well if you get a hotmail account or whatever, I can input that into the system so you can use that one for now...then when I get my cambridge email account I'll learn how to fix the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry! Look, I'm an historian, what did you expect?

ReputationRep:
    Heya for the purpouses of the list in the first thread my name is Ben by the way.

Just thought I'd let you know - sorry to interrupt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kupo_nut)
    Heya for the purpouses of the list in the first thread my name is Ben by the way.

Heya ben!! what you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kupo_nut)

Ta- will bung it in now

G

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.