Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Thread hijacker? Moi? {looks innocent and angelic}
    lies. all lies!

there seems to be fewer new camb acceptees by the day, there must be some more out there somewhere...

ive just been catching up on the thread. we are a musical bunch arent we? hey squishy - you ever done any accompanist stuff? (if he's still here, that is)

ReputationRep:
    {looks innocent and angelic}
    As always lol.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    ive just been catching up on the thread. we are a musical bunch arent we? hey squishy - you ever done any accompanist stuff? (if he's still here, that is)
    Yes, I'm here...I got a bit lost when the musicals talk became heavy. I've done some accompanying...mostly for friends who couldn't find a teacher. Why?

ReputationRep:
    Hmph! Nothing wrong with heavy musicals talk.
    {group hugs everyone}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Yes, I'm here...I got a bit lost when the musicals talk became heavy. I've done some accompanying...mostly for friends who couldn't find a teacher. Why?
    um, nothing... :rolleyes:

does anyone know anythin about the proper choral/music soc at cambridge? i know you have to audition and stuff, and judging by this thread i'd say the standard is pretty high...anyone planning to go for the official uni orchestra/choir/concert band?

ReputationRep:
    Hmph! Nothing wrong with heavy musicals talk.
    {group hugs everyone}
    I haven't even started on operas.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I haven't even started on operas.

MB
    oh dear god....

ReputationRep:
    What is with the hugs? Huh?

does anyone know anythin about the proper choral/music soc at cambridge? i know you have to audition and stuff, and judging by this thread i'd say the standard is pretty high...anyone planning to go for the official uni orchestra/choir/concert band?
    The standard will be high because many people take it very seriously...I think the commitment for some of the college choirs is once every day, if not more.

I'll probably end up as treasurer for the college Music Soc or something. If they let me. *evil grin*

ReputationRep:

It would be too good for me . And I may not even have any instruments to play if I get in .

ReputationRep:

I might go for uni orchestra with horn as I'm grade 8 and there aren't that many horn players around so if they play mahler 1 (10 horns) or rite of spring (8 horns with two on wagner tuba for a bit) then I might get a bit of playing. The thing is I don't really enjoy playing very much.

MB

ReputationRep:

The standard will be high because many people take it very seriously...I think the commitment for some of the college choirs is once every day, if not more.

I'll probably end up as treasurer for the college Music Soc or something. If they let me. *evil grin*
    pants. looks like the drinking soc for me then. or UCLJ (yeeeah...)

ReputationRep:
    pants. looks like the drinking soc for me then. or UCLJ (yeeeah...)
    When you write it like that, it reminds me of something else...University of California Los Jangeles?

ReputationRep:
    pants. looks like the drinking soc for me then
    can you drink wwell? often entry to drinking socss iss yard or centurion.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I'm the head Hug Whore .

ReputationRep:
    head Hug Whore .
    Thank god for the middle word.

Musicboy, what's with the frown in the sig? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    can you drink wwell? often entry to drinking socss iss yard or centurion.

MB
    um, the most ive ever had is 14 units on my 18th -pretty poor (i never throw up either one of my more useful skills <grin>)

ReputationRep:
    wow, this thread is moving along quickly...

just to butt in on the convo, i've never really had more than two drinks of an evening... i've never been what you'd call drunk, but it doesn't bother me- just means i don't have to deal with any hangovers!

ReputationRep:
    What's a centurion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    wow, this thread is moving along quickly...

just to butt in on the convo, i've never really had more than two drinks of an evening... i've never been what you'd call drunk, but it doesn't bother me- just means i don't have to deal with any hangovers!
    Can't say its my favourite pastime, but you know, after about 3 pints you're like, hmm, is a fourth really going to hurt?

ReputationRep:
    What's a centurion?
    i'll hazard a guess at 100 units... but that can't be right...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.