Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fluffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Thread hijacker? Moi? {looks innocent and angelic}
lies. all lies!

there seems to be fewer new camb acceptees by the day, there must be some more out there somewhere...

ive just been catching up on the thread. we are a musical bunch arent we? hey squishy - you ever done any accompanist stuff? (if he's still here, that is)
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
{looks innocent and angelic}
As always lol.

MB
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Fluffstar)
ive just been catching up on the thread. we are a musical bunch arent we? hey squishy - you ever done any accompanist stuff? (if he's still here, that is)
Yes, I'm here...I got a bit lost when the musicals talk became heavy. I've done some accompanying...mostly for friends who couldn't find a teacher. Why?
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmph! Nothing wrong with heavy musicals talk.
{group hugs everyone}
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Squishy)
Yes, I'm here...I got a bit lost when the musicals talk became heavy. I've done some accompanying...mostly for friends who couldn't find a teacher. Why?
um, nothing... :rolleyes:

does anyone know anythin about the proper choral/music soc at cambridge? i know you have to audition and stuff, and judging by this thread i'd say the standard is pretty high...anyone planning to go for the official uni orchestra/choir/concert band?
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmph! Nothing wrong with heavy musicals talk.
{group hugs everyone}
I haven't even started on operas.

MB
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
I haven't even started on operas.

MB
oh dear god....
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is with the hugs? Huh?

does anyone know anythin about the proper choral/music soc at cambridge? i know you have to audition and stuff, and judging by this thread i'd say the standard is pretty high...anyone planning to go for the official uni orchestra/choir/concert band?
The standard will be high because many people take it very seriously...I think the commitment for some of the college choirs is once every day, if not more.

I'll probably end up as treasurer for the college Music Soc or something. If they let me. *evil grin*
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

It would be too good for me . And I may not even have any instruments to play if I get in .
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I might go for uni orchestra with horn as I'm grade 8 and there aren't that many horn players around so if they play mahler 1 (10 horns) or rite of spring (8 horns with two on wagner tuba for a bit) then I might get a bit of playing. The thing is I don't really enjoy playing very much.

MB
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

The standard will be high because many people take it very seriously...I think the commitment for some of the college choirs is once every day, if not more.

I'll probably end up as treasurer for the college Music Soc or something. If they let me. *evil grin*
pants. looks like the drinking soc for me then. or UCLJ (yeeeah...)
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
pants. looks like the drinking soc for me then. or UCLJ (yeeeah...)
When you write it like that, it reminds me of something else...University of California Los Jangeles?
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
pants. looks like the drinking soc for me then
can you drink wwell? often entry to drinking socss iss yard or centurion.

MB
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm the head Hug Whore .
Squishy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
head Hug Whore .
Thank god for the middle word.

Musicboy, what's with the frown in the sig? :cool:
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
can you drink wwell? often entry to drinking socss iss yard or centurion.

MB
um, the most ive ever had is 14 units on my 18th -pretty poor (i never throw up either one of my more useful skills <grin>)
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wow, this thread is moving along quickly...

just to butt in on the convo, i've never really had more than two drinks of an evening... i've never been what you'd call drunk, but it doesn't bother me- just means i don't have to deal with any hangovers!
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's a centurion?
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by naelse)
wow, this thread is moving along quickly...

just to butt in on the convo, i've never really had more than two drinks of an evening... i've never been what you'd call drunk, but it doesn't bother me- just means i don't have to deal with any hangovers!
Can't say its my favourite pastime, but you know, after about 3 pints you're like, hmm, is a fourth really going to hurt?
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's a centurion?
i'll hazard a guess at 100 units... but that can't be right...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads