The Student Room Group
Reply 4400
fishpaste
No we simply don't have odd numbers. Honest.

:eek: :confused:
Camford
First thing about this question, I'm not expecting anyone to give me answer. To be frank, I've not got a clue how to work it out.

Hmm, interesting...however, most equations describing motion are derived by making assumptions about the forces acting on an object, and there's not much information I can think about relating to that here.

fishpaste
Your offer is kind but an entire sombrero? :frown: my poor tummy.

Well, you can have the bit of it that's not in my profile pic. That shouldn't cause too much indigestion. (was it worth that bet to get into Cam? Probably not) :wink:

visesh
I spent most of my revision time on it. :redface:

Probably not much time though. :biggrin:

Nicky, did your maths teacher actually give you exactly the same problem? I changed some bits of it slightly...I'm hoping it still works.
Well I just went and checked, and we don't have odd numbers. But the street connecting to mine has odds and evens. So I live on a weirdo street I guess.
LOL, sorry you guys, your reasoning is really making me smile.

:smile: <--- see?
Reply 4404
Squishy
Hmm, interesting...however, most equations describing motion are derived by making assumptions about the forces acting on an object, and there's not much information I can think about relating to that here.

Well, you can have the bit of it that's not in my profile pic. That shouldn't cause too much indigestion. (was it worth that bet to get into Cam? Probably not) :wink:

Nicky, did your maths teacher actually give you exactly the same problem? I changed some bits of it slightly...I'm hoping it still works.

OI...YOU CHANGED IT...that means it doesnt work any more!
fishpaste
No we simply don't have odd numbers. Honest.

Randomly, my street starts its numbers at 27 :confused:
Reply 4406
fishpaste
Well I just went and checked, and we don't have odd numbers. But the street connecting to mine has odds and evens. So I live on a weirdo street I guess.

[twilight zone music] :eek: [/twilight zone music]
Nope, it does still work! Just worked through it.
Squishy

Well, from what I remember the last bit was "My eldest daughter has a wooden leg" but I'm sure that wouldn't have made a difference. Can't remember exactly what any other differences were! I never managed to solve it though - he had to explain it to me! And I still can't remember it :frown: If he signs onto MSN I'll nag him til he gives me the answer again :wink:
Reply 4409
well i'm sorry but i dont see how "My eldest child is learning the piano" can help to provide a definite answer....anyone can learn to play the piano at any age....a 1 year old with suffiicent talent could at least start to learn, just like a 1 year old can learn to talk
Ok... Try this...

Nicki is right. Twins are possible. Moreover:

not all => some are (just not all).

=> there ARE twins (Squishy also alluded to Nicki having a point)

=> 9, 2, 2 or 4, 3, 3

Then using my earlier pseudo-logic - 4, 3, 3 not possible/likely

=> 9, 2, 2

Also a 9 year old is more likely to play the piano (though there is no reason why a 4 year old couldn't)
Reply 4411
Squishy

Well about 80% of my revision time :redface: . Still got an A overall though, thats all that counts :wink: .
Reply 4412
i dont see how your logic implies tehre are definitely twins!
Willa
well i'm sorry but i dont see how "My eldest child is learning the piano" can help to provide a definite answer....anyone can learn to play the piano at any age....a 1 year old with suffiicent talent could at least start to learn, just like a 1 year old can learn to talk

It does tell you that there is AN eldest child though.

I think pol's possibly got the right answer although the logic he used is definitely not entirely the same as my maths teacher's! :biggrin:
I got it!! Light bulb!
Reply 4415
MadNatSci
It does tell you that there is AN eldest child though.

I think pol's possibly got the right answer although the logic he used is definitely not entirely the same as my maths teacher's! :biggrin:

What is a Wibble?
Reply 4416
but that doesnt exclude the possiblity that they are ALL different ages...."NOT ALL" means "Either some are, or non are"
visesh
What is a Wibble?

It is a deep and profound statement.

Wibble.
Reply 4418
Camford
I got it!! Light bulb!

Care to share?
Reply 4419
MadNatSci
It is a deep and profound statement.

Wibble.

Oh ok. And there was me thinking it was just a random combination of syllables :rolleyes: .

Latest

Trending

Trending