The Student Room Group
Reply 440
Fluffstar
tee hee! i remember using my fone ringtone to sing along to last new year.

Sounds like the kinda thing I would do :biggrin:
Reply 441
naelse
i imagine the trick is cheap union alcohol

i never saw the main cusu building. is there one?
Reply 442
Acaila
Ewww! I'm never joining a drinking soc!
Besides I'm too classy a girl to drink beer :biggrin:

Port or nothing, eh? :smile:
Reply 443
Squishy

Never had port actually :smile:. My bf drinks Morgans and coke which is quite nice
Reply 444
Squishy

lol. oh dear. :smile:
Reply 445
Must go to bed everyone. Nighty night! {good night hugs}
Reply 446
Squishy

lol...

it's champagne, darling
Reply 447
me too. g'night ppl. sleep well :smile:
Reply 448
Acaila
Must go to bed everyone. Nighty night! {good night hugs}

night!
musicboy
100 shotss of beer - it is a killer and I would serioussly rate anyone who could do it with guinness.

MB

Am i missing the point...

a shot is what... roughly 30ml? so 100 shots = 3000 ml = 3 l = ~6 pints?

okay, 6 pints is a lot for someone small and lightweight like me, but it wouldnt be a killer for most of my (male at least) friends..

confused

rosie
crana

okay, 6 pints is a lot for someone small and lightweight like me, but it wouldnt be a killer for most of my (male at least) friends..

confused

rosie

Try it, you'll see. Maybe I forgot to meention you get two friends filling the shots for you and one after the other.

MB
Reply 451
Fluffstar
weeey - UCLJ sounds like a nice option then. Bet the concerts are amazing though - are they expensive?

Not for students. :biggrin: Most student-run concerts, especially the ones at West Road concert hall, are only £3-4 for members of the university. In Mich term I went to a performance of Berlioz' Enfance de Christ in King's Chapel. The top seats were about £28, we got in (admittedly with fairly poor view at the back) for £3. :biggrin: Saw Guy Johnstone *swoon* for £3 as well, plus lots of other cool stuff.

Fluffstar
i never saw the main cusu building. is there one?

No, one of the downfalls of Cambridge is that there is not a central students' union building. There is the Cambridge Union, which is different, and the graduate union is now open to undergrads but I don't know how much it's used yet.

College bars, especially student-run ones (like Clare *shameless plug!*) are very cheap though :biggrin:
Reply 452
crana

confused

rosie

a shot is 25ml from what i remember from the pub earlier on. 6 pints is a lot for a woman (dont you love it? we get merry cheaper :biggrin:)
really must go to bed.
Reply 453
Helenia
Not for students. :biggrin: Most student-run concerts, especially the ones at West Road concert hall, are only £3-4 for members of the university. In Mich term I went to a performance of Berlioz' Enfance de Christ in King's Chapel. The top seats were about £28, we got in (admittedly with fairly poor view at the back) for £3. :biggrin: Saw Guy Johnstone *swoon* for £3 as well, plus lots of other cool stuff.

No, one of the downfalls of Cambridge is that there is not a central students' union building. There is the Cambridge Union, which is different, and the graduate union is now open to undergrads but I don't know how much it's used yet.

College bars, especially student-run ones (like Clare *shameless plug!*) are very cheap though :biggrin:

sorry to keep posting 1min after my last - but cheers :smile:
Reply 454
crana

confused

rosie

I think the killer is supposed to be the fact that you're not allowed to pee in this time. not sure though.
Fluffstar
a shot is 25ml from what i remember from the pub earlier on. 6 pints is a lot for a woman (dont you love it? we get merry cheaper :biggrin:)
really must go to bed.

i thought it was 25ml too but checked on mine and they said 3,4 cl so i averaged it to 30 :smile:
naelse
I think the killer is supposed to be the fact that you're not allowed to pee in this time. not sure though.

wasnt that for the one where it was a beer a minute for 100 minutes or something insane?
Reply 457
crana
wasnt that for the one where it was a beer a minute for 100 minutes or something insane?

isn't it the same one?

argh this is too confusing! bedtime!!
Reply 458
naelse
isn't it the same one?

argh this is too confusing! bedtime!!

me thinks crana was takin the piss outta MB....
musicboy
Try it, you'll see. Maybe I forgot to meention you get two friends filling the shots for you and one after the other.

MB

well, yeah, like i said, it would be a lot for me, being as im quite small, a girl, and haven't drunk a thing for several months.

but for most of my male friends they would be drunk but not exactly dying

RP

Latest

Trending

Trending