Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Fluffstar)
    Laa Laa's ball!! I mean COME ON!! There's NO WAY that would have fit in there. ever.
    ah but maybe he deflated it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    Purple is the best colour. I don't care if it's 'gay' or not...
    I like it too. I don't care about the gayness of colours, and it matters much less for girls anyway. This is just what was said about poor Tinky Winky :eek:

Fluffstar. It's a magic bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Fluffstar. It's a magic bag
    Oh yes...of course...silly me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    To make a serious comment :eek:

I have said many times before that I have absolutely nothing whatsoever against English people. I married one English Protestant and have been with another for the past three years.

I prefer the English people to the Irish on the whole because I find them less pretentious - you know where you stand with them. For example - this dude who DOES NOT DESERVE SYMPATHY as he was a right s***head - was walking past me in Belfast one day. A well known Provo came up and started chatting to him really affably. That same night he was dragged out from a local community centre and battered by the Provies. I think that, if English people dislike you, they are more likely to tell you to your face than plot behind your back. Also you get all the "I love my country", "I want to see equality in Ireland", etc from the same people who go and actively support the Occupation by a variety of means. The English have a much more straight-forward and grown-up attitude to their nationality. They seem to, on the whole, be ashamed of the actions of their political masters. In Ireland supporters of any party/organisation will invariably support and condone any action carried out by that group.

I like to keep myself aloof and reserve the right to condemn the IRA, the Free State government and anyone else who acts wrongly (and, as is most often the case, the British establishment).

That said, I'd rather not turn this thread political. I just wanted to defend myself for any implication of anti-Britishness. I choose to live here after all! :rolleyes:
    ok I'm not trying to be ultra-political or anything, but I've seen you use such language in several threads -"occupation"? I believe there have been several votes...?

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks, i'm back home now after a punishing flight home from Italy last night. We were an hour late leaving because Italian ground control were pissing about as usual. GRRRRRR!! :mad: Anything intersting happen? Still no Fresher's Pack for me yet either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Hi folks, i'm back home now after a punishing flight home from Italy last night. We were an hour late leaving because Italian ground control were pissing about as usual. GRRRRRR!! :mad: Anything intersting happen? Still no Fresher's Pack for me yet either.
    Don't think so...welcome back though..we might have a pancake party

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~U~Teedy~U~)
    ok I'm not trying to be ultra-political or anything, but I've seen you use such language in several threads -"occupation"? I believe there have been several votes...?
    I don't know what you are referring to but the last Irish vote was the election of 1919 which voted in a approx 80% Sinn Fein members who were standing on an Independence ticket. They set up an independent Dail to which all Irish MPs - Republican, Nationalist and Unionist alike were invited. The British made this new Dail illegal and started arresting and killing people they viewed as members of the Westminster parliament.

They then set about partitioning Ireland with no care as to the wishes of the people (note 1919 election result). The troops which I saw a couple of weeks ago driving around Armagh City with machine guns poked out the top of their Saracen tanks are foreign (i.e. not Irish) and occupying the place against the wishes of the people.

There has never been an all-Ireland vote on anything since 1919. If you wish to mention the farce of the GFA... The SoS stated before the vote that, irrespective of the wishes of the people in the Free State, the vote in the six counties was all that mattered. That meant that about half a million people would be heard over the over five million people in the country. Hardly a shining example of democracy...

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS THREAD TURN POLITICAL - I AM HAPPY TO DEBATE WITH YOU IN D&D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I don't know what you are referring to but the last Irish vote was the election of 1919 which voted in a approx 80% Sinn Fein members who were standing on an Independence ticket. They set up an independent Dail to which all Irish MPs - Republican, Nationalist and Unionist alike were invited. The British made this new Dail illegal and started arresting and killing people they viewed as members of the Westminster parliament.

They then set about partitioning Ireland with no care as to the wishes of the people (note 1919 election result). The troops which I saw a couple of weeks ago driving around Armagh City with machine guns poked out the top of their Saracen tanks are foreign (i.e. not Irish) and occupying the place against the wishes of the people.

There has never been an all-Ireland vote on anything since 1919. If you wish to mention the farce of the GFA... The SoS stated before the vote that, irrespective of the wishes of the people in the Free State, the vote in the six counties was all that mattered. That meant that about half a million people would be heard over the over five million people in the country. Hardly a shining example of democracy...

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS THREAD TURN POLITICAL - I AM HAPPY TO DEBATE WITH YOU IN D&D.
    Don't be so melodramatic (about my question, not about Ireland). I mentioned myself that I didn't want to do 'politics', and a question certainly can't do it...I asked you a question for information, 'cause I don't know, not because I was contesting you, there is no debate :rolleyes:

Cheers for the answer

T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    turquoise is a gay colour :confused:
    But it's still nice. As are peachy-pink and light purples. Does anyone else like the colour on car dashboards of the "high beam" symbol? I've always liked that kind of blue as well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    My rent is 61.80 a week!! Doh!! :eek: Rosie, where is Rosie? Tell me P stair case has got central heating, please. Otherwise, I'm going to run high on electricity bills this winter. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Every room in Girton is £70.50 per week according to my newly received Freshers Pack...

ReputationRep:
    urgh i sent off my passport sized photo to emma now. Hope i dont regret using the one I did. I dont look bad, it's just I'm not smiling...and I dont want people to think I'm a grumpy so-and-so.....hopefully people wont spend their time looking at my file photo!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    urgh i sent off my passport sized photo to emma now. Hope i dont regret using the one I did. I dont look bad, it's just I'm not smiling...and I dont want people to think I'm a grumpy so-and-so.....hopefully people wont spend their time looking at my file photo!!!
    Just offer the photo I.D. card with a big cheesy grin then! :P

ReputationRep:
    oh that's even worse and you know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    oh that's even worse and you know it

Whatever, Grumpy!

T

ReputationRep:
    The spamming ability of this thread has been significantly reduced due to the absent of fishpaste, who is, now, spamming the UCS's forum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    The spamming ability of this thread has been significantly reduced due to the absent of fishpaste, who is, now, spamming the UCS's forum...
    UCS?

T

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have disappeared of the front page in a reshuffle. Can I be put back on please for maths at Trin? Thanks in advance...
    Andrew

ReputationRep:
    you also seem to lack a CamSIS account (which we use because it makes it easy to see who's who).... signup http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~U~Teedy~U~)
    UCS?

T
    Union of Clare Students (or is it Clare's Student). One of those college forums I sometimes visit. Pembroke doesn't have one. Mighty annoying. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, the emma one seems incredibly inactive, so i'm practically in the same boat!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.