Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    well, yeah, like i said, it would be a lot for me, being as im quite small, a girl, and haven't drunk a thing for several months.

but for most of my male friends they would be drunk but not exactly dying

RP
    TBH I haven't tried it myself - I have done a yard though which was really tricky because you have to keep turning it so it doesn't come down too fast and then at the end the bit in the bulb comes really fast.

MB

(Original post by musicboy)
    TBH I haven't tried it myself - I have done a yard though which was really tricky because you have to keep turning it so it doesn't come down too fast and then at the end the bit in the bulb comes really fast.

MB
    if i get into cambridge i challenge you to a drinking contest!

however i feel i should have a handicap just for, well, being me. maybe some talented medic can work it out fairly given our weights etc, allowing for sex and so on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    allowing for sex and so on?
    You see here is the problem. I am a fat bloke so I'm gonna be disadvantaged. I am happy doing ten pints but that get's me pretty smashed. Only done a yard once and that was in year 11 but was great fun so I'll challenge you to that. At the moment I am not drinking so I can become more lightweight before uni and therefore get drunk more cheaply. What about liquid death (teenage depression drink for silly 15 year olds - 2 parts cider for one part vodka - horrible but get's you pissed quickly)

MB

get's

for this alone, you should die

RP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    for this alone, you should die

RP
    indeed - I can't do spelling/grammar at this time of night. Anyway, I'm off to do some harmony before bed. Talk to you later.

MB

You see here is the problem. I am a fat bloke so I'm gonna be disadvantaged. I am happy doing ten pints but that get's me pretty smashed. Only done a yard once and that was in year 11 but was great fun so I'll challenge you to that. At the moment I am not drinking so I can become more lightweight before uni and therefore get drunk more cheaply. What about liquid death (teenage depression drink for silly 15 year olds - 2 parts cider for one part vodka - horrible but get's you pissed quickly)

MB
    no no! being a fat bloke otherwise you would be unfairly advantaged! I mean ,im not especially thin myself, but im only 5'2 so there is a limit to the flab i can have. Ok. I accept your challenge, as long as you are buying.

im not drinking because... well.. i dunn o really? im just not

our version of liquid death was mixed together bits from all kinds of drinks (from generous friends, parent's cupboard, etc) e.g. beer, martini, gin, vodka, whiskey, sherrey, wine......its all horrible mixed together.

or my own personal favourite Disgusting Drinks:

baileys & coke (curdles horribly)
    special brew, ribena, orange juice & vodka

RP

indeed - I can't do spelling/grammar at this time of night. Anyway, I'm off to do some harmony before bed. Talk to you later.

MB
    ahem. sorry, it was a joke Enjoy your harmonising

RP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    no no! being a fat bloke otherwise you would be unfairly advantaged! I mean ,im not especially thin myself, but im only 5'2 so there is a limit to the flab i can have. Ok. I accept your challenge, as long as you are buying.

im not drinking because... well.. i dunn o really? im just not

our version of liquid death was mixed together bits from all kinds of drinks (from generous friends, parent's cupboard, etc) e.g. beer, martini, gin, vodka, whiskey, sherrey, wine......its all horrible mixed together.

or my own personal favourite Disgusting Drinks:

baileys & coke (curdles horribly)
    special brew, ribena, orange juice & vodka

RP
    See...now me being a rugby player, you'd have thought that i could handle my alcohol reasonably well....counter that against the fact that i am very short for a bloke, and also that i'm chinese......well.....need i say anymore??

Personally...not fond of beer....too bitter for me...i generally stick with cider.

Has anyone here tried a Bailey's with lime???????

Nice to see this thread is moving along at a good pace...but we need more pics of people here!!!! I'll try and figure out how to put links to the pics we've already got in my 'appendix' at the start of the thread.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    no no! being a fat bloke otherwise you would be unfairly advantaged! I mean ,im not especially thin myself, but im only 5'2 so there is a limit to the flab i can have.
    That limit is quite high though.

Hello, I'm living currently in Mesa Arizona, although I did not grow up here. I'm 5' 3" and weigh 235 lbs. As bad as that sounds, it's not my heaviest. A few years ago I weighed 256. My health is suffering because of the weight. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure and starting to have joint problems, all due to the excess weight. My story might be a little different than some. I didn't start out life heavy. I was a skinny, sickly child. Average sized until somewhere between 35 and 40. I am 54 now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    See...now me being a rugby player, you'd have thought that i could handle my alcohol reasonably well....counter that against the fact that i am very short for a bloke, and also that i'm chinese......well.....need i say anymore??

Personally...not fond of beer....too bitter for me...i generally stick with cider.

Has anyone here tried a Bailey's with lime???????

Nice to see this thread is moving along at a good pace...but we need more pics of people here!!!! I'll try and figure out how to put links to the pics we've already got in my 'appendix' at the start of the thread.

G
    <grin> yeah i dont really know how it got on to the subject of alcohol. Being able to get reasonably drunk on few drinks is much better - soo much cheaper! Have you thought about the cost of living next year at all? like i said i've been doing some sums and...um...not looking too good

ReputationRep:
    Liquid death only requires one spirit; at the prom the other night, we were chatting to this barman dude about strength of alcohol, for example, what % volume was in various vodkas and stuff. So he whips out this bottle from the back of his cupboard, and it's got russian writing all over it, and the only english words were in big letters saying "Russian Spirit". He says "Here, I'll give you each a shot of this for a quid, only if you drink it before i tell you what % vol alcohol it is". So he poors out a shot for each of my 3 friends (I dont drink, cant stand the taste) and so they all down it at once. My two male friends' eyes turn white and they sort of collapse onto the floor at that stage. My female friend starts coughing and stuff and leaning heavily on the bar, but she actually stomachs it better than my male friends. So anyway, two minuties later, they're all capable of standing up again, and their eyes have stopped watering....they guy reveals that it was 80% alcohol.......you might as well just drink meths ffs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Hello, I'm living currently in Mesa Arizona, although I did not grow up here. I'm 5' 3" and weigh 235 lbs. As bad as that sounds, it's not my heaviest. A few years ago I weighed 256. My health is suffering because of the weight. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure and starting to have joint problems, all due to the excess weight. My story might be a little different than some. I didn't start out life heavy. I was a skinny, sickly child. Average sized until somewhere between 35 and 40. I am 54 now.
    Huh????

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    <grin> yeah i dont really know how it got on to the subject of alcohol. Being able to get reasonably drunk on few drinks is much better - soo much cheaper! Have you thought about the cost of living next year at all? like i said i've been doing some sums and...um...not looking too good
    Ha!!! Lol....no!!! Haven't even really thought about it. However...from what my sister told me once..you should set yourself a budget of something like £60 a week on non-rent stuff..like food....and keep within it!

I don't need to worry about food as much though.....cos Caius say you have to buy 40 'meal tickets' at the start of the term...and then use then to eat in the college. So i'll try and get my parents to pay for the food in a lump sum...leaving me only with rent and going out to worry about!! lol

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Liquid death only requires one spirit; at the prom the other night, we were chatting to this barman dude about strength of alcohol, for example, what % volume was in various vodkas and stuff. So he whips out this bottle from the back of his cupboard, and it's got russian writing all over it, and the only english words were in big letters saying "Russian Spirit". He says "Here, I'll give you each a shot of this for a quid, only if you drink it before i tell you what % vol alcohol it is". So he poors out a shot for each of my 3 friends (I dont drink, cant stand the taste) and so they all down it at once. My two male friends' eyes turn white and they sort of collapse onto the floor at that stage. My female friend starts coughing and stuff and leaning heavily on the bar, but she actually stomachs it better than my male friends. So anyway, two minuties later, they're all capable of standing up again, and their eyes have stopped watering....they guy reveals that it was 80% alcohol.......you might as well just drink meths ffs!
    Lol!!! Wicked!!! After school finished....we went to the pub, and i was bought a double knob creek (don't ask). Anyways...that was 50%....and that was more than strong enough....i think the alcohol was bourbon......not bad though

G

ReputationRep:
    Ha!!! Lol....no!!! Haven't even really thought about it. However...from what my sister told me once..you should set yourself a budget of something like £60 a week on non-rent stuff..like food....and keep within it!

I don't need to worry about food as much though.....cos Caius say you have to buy 40 'meal tickets' at the start of the term...and then use then to eat in the college. So i'll try and get my parents to pay for the food in a lump sum...leaving me only with rent and going out to worry about!! lol

G
    alright for some... I dunno about eating in halls though, its so much cheaper to buy your own, and some stuff is so quick and easy to cook, u know, baked potatoes in the microwave etc etc.
    Ah well when (if) i get there i'll probably end up thinking "screw cooking!" and heading straight to the buttery. Oh its all so confusing. i hate money :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Huh????

G
    Someone's obesity story...

I'm not planning on getting wasted too often next year (or deafen myself clubbing), so my costs are looking pretty reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    I've saved enough money to allow me to last 3 years using all the student loan, without earning another penny. Obviously I'm gonna try and get work during the long summers (save up for my precious dream guitar). Obviously anything i dont spend goes towards my savings fund. This is my budgetting:

One term = 10 weeks, so I spend 30 weeks at uni

Tuition Fees = 1150
    Book cost = 200
    Additional essential item costs = 150
    College room rent = 2100 (i'm gonna live a life of luxury :P)
    Food cost (per day) = 7
    My Weekly pocket money = 35

That comes to just over 6000 a year. I've saved 10,000 for uni, so with the 9000 student loan, i should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    alright for some... I dunno about eating in halls though, its so much cheaper to buy your own, and some stuff is so quick and easy to cook, u know, baked potatoes in the microwave etc etc.
    Ah well when (if) i get there i'll probably end up thinking "screw cooking!" and heading straight to the buttery. Oh its all so confusing. i hate money :mad:
    Personally....i'd prefer to hav the option of self-catered as opposed to eating in college the whole time....i'd get my mum to buy a few boxes of instant noodles!!! Hehehe..the staple diet of any chinese uni student!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Why do chinese people pick such strange british names....Like Geoff.....i have a friend called "Raymond"....although we all call him by his proper name: Ka Hao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Someone's obesity story...

I'm not planning on getting wasted too often next year (or deafen myself clubbing), so my costs are looking pretty reasonable.
    Same...i don' t drink till i'm drunk....only socially. And i don't think there are any clubs in cambridge. Might look out for the odd gig here and there though.

Do you drink Squishy?? If so..how much can you handle?? Just wondering...

G

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.