The Student Room Logo
This thread is closed

Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Reply 4840
rockindemon
hey geoff, do u no whether all 260 odd lawyers are gonna be crammed into a single lecture theatre or r we gonna be split into groups?

I'm not sure...but i think that we'll all be in one big group for lectures...they said all the lectures happen on a university level. Also..judging by what Nicky has said previously.....she mentioned some lectures of up to 1000 people!!! So in comparison...260 isn't that big!! :tongue:

G
musicboy

The creators of these articles were Japanese, and seemed to have missed the fact that fucose kinase should not be abbreviated as 'fuc-K'.

Lol! :biggrin:

I've forgotten lots of organic chemistry :frown: but mispronouncing phosphofructokinase still makes me giggle.
Helenia
Oooh, is that the guy who blows stuff up every lecture? I've heard lots about him.

He doesn't always blow stuff up, but he does always have a ten-minute break in the middle where he blows something up / reads stupid articles / previous answers to the lecture questionnaires... Possibly the only thing I'm going to miss about chemistry!

Geoff: The lawyers will all be in one group for lectures, yep :smile: Sounds like you have some characters lecturing you too...

Oh and explosions are great!
Sir Richard Dearlove is moving into Pembroke in October. How much does he know about explosive I wonder... :rolleyes:
Reply 4844
MadNatSci
Geoff: The lawyers will all be in one group for lectures, yep :smile: Sounds like you have some characters lecturing you too...

Characters eh??? Sounds fun!!!! :smile:

G
gzftan
Characters eh??? Sounds fun!!!! :smile:

G

Cambridge is full of characters.
Has everyone got their offical confirmation from UCAS yet? Mine is still at large. Just wondering if I should send them a e-mail or phone them up at some point.
Reply 4847
Camford
Has everyone got their offical confirmation from UCAS yet? Mine is still at large. Just wondering if I should send them a e-mail or phone them up at some point.

I got mine a coupla days after results day...you should call them up to ask them about it.

G
gzftan
I got mine a coupla days after results day...you should call them up to ask them about it.

G

what does it say in the letter? If doesn't require me to do anything, then I might as well not bother with it.
Reply 4849
what do you mean by official confirmation? The letter most people got just after results day was a letter saying "The institute is happy that you have met the conditions of your offer...please return the slip below to confirm that you will accept this place".....you should have got that, because you have to have it sent to cambridge before a certain date or you lose your place. Other then that, I havent recieved anything, and as far as I'm aware, you wont recieve anything else either!
Willa
what do you mean by official confirmation? The letter most people got just after results day was a letter saying "The institute is happy that you have met the conditions of your offer...please return the slip below to confirm that you will accept this place".....you should have got that, because you have to have it sent to cambridge before a certain date or you lose your place. Other then that, I havent recieved anything, and as far as I'm aware, you wont recieve anything else either!

Well, that's the letter I was talking about. So far it has not turned up at my door step. But, I have sent a reply to my admission tutor telling her that I was happy to accept the place since she has asked for a reply to be made ASAP. By the look of it, I'll have to phone UCAS tomorrow to see what is it with my letter.
Camford
Well, that's the letter I was talking about. So far it has not turned up at my door step. But, I have sent a reply to my admission tutor telling her that I was happy to accept the place since she has asked for a reply to be made ASAP. By the look of it, I'll have to phone UCAS tomorrow to see what is it with my letter.

I would, mine came very soon after results too so maybe it got lost in the post.
Pollo Loco
I would, mine came very soon after results too so maybe it got lost in the post.

Kirsty Young: "Nothing fails like Royal Mail." from Five News... :mad:
Play Hexic Here. So far my best score is 222,145 points. See if you can beat that. Please allow a few hours of practice though. Very addictive game to some people, e.g. my mother.
Willa
because you have to have it sent to cambridge before a certain date or you lose your place.

What is that date, Will? I think I should send an e-mail to admissions just in case.
Reply 4855
no, phone em...they never answer emails at this time
Willa
no, phone em...they never answer emails at this time

I sent an e-mail to them a few days after the results day. And I got my reply. Anyway,

begin
If Day = Monday then Call UCAS;
If (Day = Tuesday) and (Reply = False)
then Call Admission
else
Wait;
end.
Reply 4857
{giggles at the outbreak of sheer compsci-ness} :smile:
Acaila
{giggles at the outbreak of sheer compsci-ness} :smile:

Hey, what are you laughing at?