Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Night all
    Night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I haven't actually been to see them, so this is just what I've heard, but a friend of mine who went to see them said they weren't very good... I guess it all depends on who's in it from year to year though, so it's still probably worth checking out.
    Ah ok. Jonny Sweet was a drama legend at school His replacemt was even better! That is two succesive school captains doing English at Pembroke now :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    Night peeps.

ReputationRep:
    ahh congratulations you fuzzy funny lot...i knew you would manage to take us past 5000. I would have contributed, but The Office christmas special called me, and I could not resist. Ah well.

Onwards and upwards.....6000 here we come.

I will be happy if we beat the harry p thread, the forum51 moaning thread is a mighty challenge though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I will be happy if we beat the harry p thread, the forum51 moaning thread is a mighty challenge though!
    The Moaning Thread has been closed, at 16000 + posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    The Moaning Thread has been closed, at 16000 + posts
    Have you seen the Cambridge Footlights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Yes, I saw them in Robinson theatre sometime near May Week. It was quite funny, but not fantastically so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Saw them a coupla times...the Smokers/Virgin Smokers shows, was pretty good, some new, some old material....Devout Christian-bashing was one that stuck in my mind . One show was quite a lot of newcomers, a real mixed bag.

An enjoyable way to spend a few hours..... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    how do they decide which threads to lock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    how do they decide which threads to lock?
    Is there going to be an overflow error or not. Think about the limit of the type of variable the system uses. Is it normal integer, word, char, long int or maybe some other things. Well, not always the case. If the mod sees the thread has reached it's limit, then it is locked. Or if it is of controversial nature, e.g. the P2 Cheating thread, it is then also locked.

Will, you know you don't really have to bring all 3 vol. of Feynman lecture notes with you. I got them in pdf format, could just bring a cd and that's sorted. But unless you hate reading things off screen just like me...

ReputationRep:
    My books have just arrived. All 30 pounds of them. Sometimes I wonder whether I really shoul spend money buying books that I know I like, but very unlikely to read. Anyway, this time, I really need to make a start on these books.

ReputationRep:
    what books are these?

I'm not buying any books until I actually get there...I want to get a feel for which are the mjaor texts, and which ones I like

Also I like have the lectures on paper, it's just nicer than having to read from a screen!

ReputationRep:
    I was told not to buy any books prior to coming up.

Well done on the 5000 posts btw everyone....caterpillar's crossing a river eh??

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    what books are these?

I'm not buying any books until I actually get there...I want to get a feel for which are the mjaor texts, and which ones I like

Also I like have the lectures on paper, it's just nicer than having to read from a screen!
    The new turing omnibus. Really nice book, well, looks like it.
    The pleasure of counting. I managed to get one from the Leicester uni library. But, it's such a good book and I want it.

ReputationRep:
    but the pleasure of counting seems really irrelevant to me...although some of it has some interesting mathematical interpretations. i just dont think I'd waste my money on owning a copy of it.

The turing omnibus I cant comment on though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    but the pleasure of counting seems really irrelevant to me...although some of it has some interesting mathematical interpretations. i just dont think I'd waste my money on owning a copy of it.

The turing omnibus I cant comment on though
    I am really a maths person rather than an IT guy. Thinking about it now, I probably should have applied to do maths instead of compsci. It is one of those occasions where you have to choose between two things that you love equally. This time I chose compsci, but next time (15 years from now) I'll choose maths.

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon folks, has much happened while i was asleep, the post rate seems to have dropped off again now we've beaten 5000. At least i didn't have a hangover when i woke up today and i have another letter from a college parent/sibling to read. Happy days. At least going out last night had its uses, it means i don't have to pack today because my parents decided while i was out last night to do it for me, isn't that nice of them.

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all
    I'm hopefully going to give blood later All excited
    (just hope this irritating sniffle doesn't stop me )

ReputationRep:
    i think giving blood is a nice idea...but it just doesn't appeal to me...wish i was a nicer person

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to give blood but i'm too lazy to sort stuff out. Maybe i'll eventually get myself motivated.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.