Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Will, my Turbo Pascal is going bizarre on me. It rufeses to recognise numpad 1 as 1, but A. Do you think you can help me out?

EDIT: for anyone who's interested in seeing this disaster, download the zip file and unzip both files in the same folder. Run the exe file.

ReputationRep:
    would this be something to do with the way turbo pascal is set up, or have you coded the instructions for decoding key presses yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    would this be something to do with the way turbo pascal is set up, or have you coded the instructions for decoding key presses yourself?
    I'm not that stupid and I'm not clever enough to decoding key presses myself. See the zip for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Can any computer literate dude tell me what the difference is between these?

DVD /RW Drives Fitted
    MFDVDRW Drives Fitted

I'm after something that can play CD's, rewrite them, and play DVDs so im assuming a CDRW and DVD-ROM would be sufficient. Anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    mate, the keypad works fine for me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)

DVD /RW Drives Fitted
    MFDVDRW Drives Fitted

I'm after something that can play CD's, rewrite them, and play DVDs so im assuming a CDRW and DVD-ROM would be sufficient. Anyone help?
    I think the MF means Multifunctional.
    Tbh you need to decide if you want everything in one drive, or if you want them seperate. Personally I think seperate drives are better, in which case you want a DVD-ROM drive, and a CDRW Drive both seperate.
    However the ones which are combined together can tend to be DVD-RW as well. It depends if you want them seperate or togehter, but a DVDRW drive would probably do everything (just check with your supplier)

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who still has no freshers pack, no information on accomodation, no college parents/aunts and uncles/, no useful information on what is in the modules for the next year (I only have the module titles)

MB

ReputationRep:
    probably lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)

DVD /RW Drives Fitted
    MFDVDRW Drives Fitted

unlike CDs, where there is only one format of media for both CD-Rs and CD-RWs, the history of the creation of DVD-RWs meant that there were at least 2, if not more, competing versions of DVD-RWs out in the market. generally known as DVD+RW and DVD-RW, the two versions used to require different drives to burn them.

guess the MF (multiformat) drives can handle both (all?) types, whereas the DVD/RW is likely to be either a DVD-RW drive incapable of handling a DVD+RW or vice versa.

morale of the story: those japanese techno-people really need to get a life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    mate, the keypad works fine for me!!
    Oh dear... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Am I the only person who still has no freshers pack, no information on accomodation, no college parents/aunts and uncles/, no useful information on what is in the modules for the next year (I only have the module titles)

MB
    Phone them up MB.

if anyone wants to give blood while they're at cam, I'm going around the 1st of Nov so you can come with me for some moral support if you want

or i am sure nicky would be happy to drag along some new converts next time she goes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    if anyone wants to give blood while they're at cam, I'm going around the 1st of Nov so you can come with me for some moral support if you want

or i am sure nicky would be happy to drag along some new converts next time she goes!!
    I don't like the sight of some gigantic needle ramming into my skin. I would faint before the needle touches it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

Vampires the lot of them, but the cause is very worthwhile.

(Original post by Camford)
    I don't like the sight of some gigantic needle ramming into my skin. I would faint before the needle touches it.
    You don't have to look..

If anyone wants to come with me and not give blood but just see what happens, see if its as terrifying as they imagine (it isnt!) etc then you are also most welcome. i like having someone to talk to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    You don't have to look..

If anyone wants to come with me and not give blood but just see what happens, see if its as terrifying as they imagine (it isnt!) etc then you are also most welcome. i like having someone to talk to
    I'd be willing to go and give blood, is there anything i need to sort out before i do you know medical wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    You don't have to look..

The vein on my left arm has been punctured twice before. Not a pretty sight when you see your own blood running into some bloody plastic tube. Almost fainted the first time. But that was because I've been hungry for 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    The vein on my left arm has been punctured twice before. Not a pretty sight when you see your own blood running into some bloody plastic tube. Almost fainted the first time. But that was because I've been hungry for 2 hours.
    For me it was the feeling of the blood in the tube against your arm - slightly warm still but cooling!

It's not terrifying at all. Lie still, squeeze your hand and then lie still again before getting up for a glass of juice and a sticker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    For me it was the feeling of the blood in the tube against your arm - slightly warm still but cooling!

It's not terrifying at all. Lie still, squeeze your hand and then lie still again before getting up for a glass of juice and a sticker
    Oi, you missed out that all important cotton ball.

ReputationRep:
    Oi, you missed out that all important cotton ball.
    This all sounds like so much fun.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.