Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Pollo Loco)
    I'd be willing to go and give blood, is there anything i need to sort out before i do you know medical wise.
    if you go to blood.co.uk tehres a step by step thing to work out if you are probably OK to donate.

ReputationRep:
    This all sounds like so much fun.
    Oh yeah. It gives you the chance to look at Dracula right in his blood shot eyes. Nice.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    if you go to blood.co.uk tehres a step by step thing to work out if you are probably OK to donate.
    Thank you, back in a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Oh yeah. It gives you the chance to look at Dracula right in his blood shot eyes. Nice.... :rolleyes:
    Dracula's so passe these days anyway. cool website by the way, means i dont really have to do to much, just turn up by the looks of it.

ReputationRep:
    Dracula's so passe these days anyway. cool website by the way, means i dont really have to do to much, just turn up by the looks of it.
    I can't give blood even if I wanted to.... They don't want me!

ReputationRep:
    oh your god there are so many things on that question thing that i would answer yes to. I got MMR the other day, so i have been injected with drugs, and immunised. I also have a soar throat right now, and tend to have some form of cold pretty much all the time. So even if i wanted to give blood, looks like I cant!

ReputationRep:
    I can't give blood even if I wanted to.... They don't want me!
    why not? :|

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure there's only like 2% of the nation who could answer all those questions and get through it without a problem..
    ...what stage does everyone else get stuck at!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    why not? :|
    I'm on the cold. And I will be on the cold.

Will, I got stuck on the 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the cold. And I will be on the cold.

Will, I got stuck on the 3rd.
    Ahh.

Yup I fail too! Can't remember what stage.

ReputationRep:
    well at least i reckon that the stages i'm failing on are possible only temporary blocks....i.e. perhaps one day i will not suffer from a cold/soar throat! Wonder if anyone here gets stuck on one of the stages that means you just cant give blood ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well at least i reckon that the stages i'm failing on are possible only temporary blocks....i.e. perhaps one day i will not suffer from a cold/soar throat! Wonder if anyone here gets stuck on one of the stages that means you just cant give blood ever!
    Yup. Sadly. Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    what...you get stuck on one of the permenant stages? which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    You don't have to look..

If anyone wants to come with me and not give blood but just see what happens, see if its as terrifying as they imagine (it isnt!) etc then you are also most welcome. i like having someone to talk to
    I'll be going sometime early in term, whenever they decide to call me in. It's not scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    what...you get stuck on one of the permenant stages? which one?
    i'm gay, stage 11 I think

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I am so shocked. (not the gay part, but the gay part).

ReputationRep:
    i dont see how the having oral sex means you cant give blood....unless you have mouth ulsers isnt it perfectly safe?

Or has PSHE failed me!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I am so shocked. (not the gay part, but the gay part).
    Meh! I know I'm clean, but clearly it's a risk for them, so I'll let them get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    Note, it also said within the last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i dont see how the having oral sex means you cant give blood....unless you have mouth ulsers isnt it perfectly safe?

Or has PSHE failed me!
    This is the impression I'm under too.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.