Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~U~Teedy~U~)
There is a very small risk, ulcers or no...And what about spontaneous chafing?? :eek:

On an interesting sidenote, HIV is present in saliva, just not in quantities large enough to be a danger...

T
yes and necrotizing facsiitis exists in most people's bodies but again not enough of it to cause any damage.

MB
~U~Teedy~U~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
yes and necrotizing facsiitis exists in most people's bodies but again not enough of it to cause any damage.

MB

hehe talking of flesh-eating, my Dad used to tell me stories of when he was in the army in Libya or somewhere about spiders who would inject some kind of anaesthetic int ocamels and then eat their flesh...Apparently you'd come back and find half your camel missing :eek: :rolleyes:

T
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hehe talking of flesh-eating, my Dad used to tell me stories of when he was in the army in Libya or somewhere about spiders who would inject some kind of anaesthetic int ocamels and then eat their flesh...Apparently you'd come back and find half your camel missing :eek: :rolleyes:

T
I guess that matters more if you have a dromedary rather than a bactrian.

MB
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

T
:eek: :eek: :eek:

and why would it make a a difference how many humps it had, if half of its been eaten?
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

and why would it make a a difference how many humps it had, if half of its been eaten?

cos there'd be more of it left for you to still ride (even posssible a whole hump)

MB
~U~Teedy~U~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I guess that matters more if you have a dromedary rather than a bactrian.

MB

haha Well as I said, this was Libya, so the camels were almost certainly dromedary :rolleyes:

T
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Camels....wtf???? :confused:

G
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do keep up Geoff!

Do you give blood btw?
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acaila)
Do keep up Geoff!

Do you give blood btw?
I cannae keep up!!! It moves so quickly!!!!

And...no..i don't currently give blood...when i was in school...it was never the right time to give blood....with rugby an all...you're not allowed to exercise strenuously for a week or two after giving blood i think.

G
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Really? I'd be surprised at that.
Never knew you were a rugby player
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do keep up Geoff!

Do you give blood btw?

Acaila, do we really have to keep hearing about your experiences of having someone stick something long and ponited into you,

MB
gzftan
Rep:
?
Really? I'd be surprised at that.
Never knew you were a rugby player
Yeah..i think you can't give blood and then go and do exercise....seeing as they've just drained you of red blood cells...you need time to recover.

And yes....i am/was a rugby player....seemed the ideal sport for me...being short and wide!!!

G
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Always fancied women's rugby myself. Considering how dangerous I was at hockey and shinty (used to play defence (or sometimes goalie) and I would run screaming at the opposition and whack very very hard )
gzftan
Rep:
?
Acaila, do we really have to keep hearing about your experiences of having someone stick something long and ponited into you,

MB
Long and pointed...or short and fat???

G
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would run screaming at the opposition and whack very very hard )

with that description and you being Scottish it sounds like curling is the sport for you.

MB
gzftan
Rep:
?
Always fancied women's rugby myself. Considering how dangerous I was at hockey and shinty (used to play defence (or sometimes goalie) and I would run screaming at the opposition and whack very very hard )
Lol..rugby is a really fun sport to play....i never really liked the training..but i loved the matches soooo much..especially the close ones.....if you won them...if you lost them...then you just felt like crap after..lol

G
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It would be confusing to get the hang of though I think
gzftan
Rep:
?
with that description and you being Scottish it sounds like curling is the sport for you.

MB
Lol..and what a sport it is!! I watched that on telly at the winter olympics....classic telly!!!

G
gzftan
Rep:
?
It would be confusing to get the hang of though I think
Curling...or rugby??

G
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Lol..and what a sport it is!! I watched that on telly at the winter olympics....classic telly!!!

G

the guardian gave two classicc descriptions: "Figure skating forugly people" and "housework on ice"

MB
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.76%
Confident (30)
11.95%
Indifferent (43)
17.13%
Unsure (67)
26.69%
Worried (89)
35.46%

Watched Threads