The Student Room Group
Fluffstar
Impressive...or worrying... :rolleyes:

Be worried, be very worried...
Will, Gabrielle Maughan (the Leicester freshers' party) just replied. Took her less than 10 hours.
Camford
Will, Gabrielle Maughan (the Leicester freshers' party) just replied. Took her less than 10 hours.

i haven't heard anything from the organisers of the exeter one... but i had to send my reply, the guy didn't even have an email address, so i'm not worried!
priya
what time is everyone getting down to camb on the 2nd? i've been allocated a time slot in which to arrive at the sidney car park and unload my stuff. their car park is tiny and can't fit more than 6 cars in it lol :rolleyes:

also, has anyone been told what the plans for the saturday are? so far i haven't seen anything past a drink in subject groups

Hey priya - I've skipped a couple of oages so you might have had an answer but this is roughly what will happen on the Saturday:

You arrive morning/early afternoon, and go straight to the plodge to sign in and get your keys. Current students help you take your stuff up to your room and you'll probably have time to do a bit of unpacking. Then in the afternoon there's a garden party for you and your family - this is likely to be where you meet your college parents and your real parents get a chance to be talked at by dons. You get taken off in subject groups for a quick tour of the college and then you go out with your subject groups for dinner and drinkies. And finally you usually return to college and head straight for the bar, before retiring to bed and probably freaking at the amount of unpacking you haven't done and need to do before you collapse because there areboxes all over your bed...

This is roughly how it worked out for me anyway :wink:
Reply 5204
Right guys....move up after 4pm on the sat 2nd october???

OR!!! move up on the sunday morning??

Which on would you recommend???

G
Reply 5205
gzftan
Right guys....move up after 4pm on the sat 2nd october???

OR!!! move up on the sunday morning??

Which on would you recommend???

G

move up after 4pm. that way u can sort all your stuff out on sunday morning, and go out saturday night, when the majority of freshers will be in town
Reply 5206
i'd agree...go up earlier rather than later...makes life so much easier!
Reply 5207
MadNatSci
Hey priya - I've skipped a couple of oages so you might have had an answer but this is roughly what will happen on the Saturday:

You arrive morning/early afternoon, and go straight to the plodge to sign in and get your keys. Current students help you take your stuff up to your room and you'll probably have time to do a bit of unpacking. Then in the afternoon there's a garden party for you and your family - this is likely to be where you meet your college parents and your real parents get a chance to be talked at by dons. You get taken off in subject groups for a quick tour of the college and then you go out with your subject groups for dinner and drinkies. And finally you usually return to college and head straight for the bar, before retiring to bed and probably freaking at the amount of unpacking you haven't done and need to do before you collapse because there areboxes all over
your bed...
This is roughly how it worked out for me anyway :wink:

sounds good :biggrin: i'm coming between 11.30 and 12.15 (according to the parking permit anyway)
Reply 5208
Cheers..that's what i thought would be best as well....although dinner in halls is served at 6:30pm...so i'd have 2 and a half hours to unpack....enough?? Should be shouldn't it.....

G
Reply 5209
Can I just ask...am I being unreasonable in bringing my own chair?
Reply 5210
gzftan
Cheers..that's what i thought would be best as well....although dinner in halls is served at 6:30pm...so i'd have 2 and a half hours to unpack....enough?? Should be shouldn't it.....

G

do the rest on sunday...get things like toothbrush/clothes for the next day out the way, and unpack the big things later
crana
dude! we can have alittle party you me and nicky! forget the passoa party! :wink:

Cool. :biggrin: Early November it is.
Willa

Loving your chair? Why not. :biggrin:
Willa

Why not see what the one's like that they provide for you, and if it sucks, bring up your own :biggrin:
Reply 5214
Willa

i'm gonna see what the chair is like and get cushion pads for it if it's nasty.
Reply 5215
but i like my swivel rocking sort of chair....i know the one they provide wont be like that!
i dont think i'm going to bring my chair - its old and nasty and it creaks really loudly!

btw - i just had a look at the ultimate football thread - they've got to 6289 since the 9th of May... PAH! we can beat them! :tongue:
Reply 5217
and we started later than them! So of course we can!!!
Reply 5218
Willa
and we started later than them! So of course we can!!!

we just need to keep posting whilst in freshers week. and posting a LOT as well. once this thread dries up due to the amount of work we'll be doing, the football one will definitely take over...especially with all the major championships back in full swing again
Reply 5219
ach...disaster. Yes I will keep posting here as long as I can keep going. I have set my own rule that when i quit uk-l for good when i reach 10,000 songs.

Latest

Trending

Trending