Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I knew the captain of last year's Caius team (they got to the final, but for some reason I cant remember if they won it???)....he went to my school/college - and is probably the best mathematician who ever went to it. All the teachers talk about him. The only other person they mention is a guy who's at Kings in his third year....he's cool, but not has good as the Caius captain.
    Nah..they lost i'm afraid. I can't remember quite which uni/college the other team was...possibly london met?? Anyways...they lost to a bunch of old geezers from the other uni

Did very well though

G

(Original post by musicboy)
    does her team win?

MB

i dont know, that would spoil the surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i've found my own godparents because i havent got any yet. watch university challenge on monday, teh captain has agreed to be my godmum
    cool
    how did you manage that?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh uni challenge is back on! YAY!
    I wuv that program I so want to try out for it
    Any of the rest of you want to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Ooooh uni challenge is back on! YAY!
    I wuv that program I so want to try out for it
    Any of the rest of you want to do it?
    i love it too! i remember that caius bloke... with the little beard, right? he was v.clever! shame they didn't win... i think some awful oxford people won :mad: (wait, did i call them people? :rolleyes: )

i like the idea of going on it but i'd be soooo scared!

ReputationRep:
    I'd make a fool of myself no doubt And I'd have to bring one of my teddies along for luck. I probably wouldn't answer anything right, but hey it would be so cool to say you've been on University Challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i love it too! i remember that caius bloke... with the little beard, right? he was v.clever! shame they didn't win... i think some awful oxford people won :mad: (wait, did i call them people? :rolleyes: )

yeah he's the one with the beard

If I considered myself smart enough to do it, I would. However most of the questions are non-scientific...hence I am usually a failure. The scientist they normally rope in is someone with lots of musical talent (in physicsists that's quite common....no luck for me) so they can answer the music questions as well. Ah well....I'm happy sitting at home and occasionally answering a question correctly!

ReputationRep:
    I remember my mum managed to answer some chemistry questions after she helped me with my revision I was so proud!

ReputationRep:
    Uni Challenge. I'll give it go when I've read enough about history.

ReputationRep:

I think it was Magdalen, Oxford that won it. Scum. Although they do have some very nice boaties

ReputationRep:
    One of the Magdalen team that won UC went to my school a few years ago...apparently I was there when he was, but I swear I don't remember him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I think it was Magdalen, Oxford that won it. Scum. Although they do have some very nice boaties
    Jealousy is a cruel, cruel mistress.

(we are talking about uni challenge?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Nah..they lost i'm afraid. I can't remember quite which uni/college the other team was...possibly london met?? Anyways...they lost to a bunch of old geezers from the other uni

Did very well though

G
    Yep, twas Magdalen Oxford.

Jesus lost to London Met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yep, twas Magdalen Oxford.

Jesus lost to London Met
    Ah...thanks for clarifying.....do open university take part in uni challenge??

G

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they were in the last series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I'm pretty sure they were in the last series.
    Ok cool...i just wasn't sure if they actually took part

G

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think they do. Although part of me thinks it's a bit unfair when you see all these 40 year olds who've had a lifetime to garner general knowledge competing against 18 and 19 year olds...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yeah, I think they do. Although part of me thinks it's a bit unfair when you see all these 40 year olds who've had a lifetime to garner general knowledge competing against 18 and 19 year olds...!
    Lol..that's why london met did so well...

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol..that's why london met did so well...

G
    yeah there were all these old blokes with PhD s competing against 20 year olds!

ReputationRep:
    yeah there were all these old blokes with PhD s competing against 20 year olds!
    Well these blokes know how to age gracefully.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.