Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey mate...as far as I'm concerned it was the 1,000,000th post...and yours was 1,000,001.....but then your deleted post was registered, dropping the count to 1,000,000. I'm pretty sure I was first to the prize...however else would I see 1,000,001 as the post count...we were the only two posts made in those seconds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    hey mate...as far as I'm concerned it was the 1,000,000th post...and yours was 1,000,001.....but then your deleted post was registered, dropping the count to 1,000,000. I'm pretty sure I was first to the prize...however else would I see 1,000,001 as the post count...we were the only two posts made in those seconds!
    i deleted my post around 5 mins before i posted, so that has no significance.
    as far as i'm concerned mine was the 1m post because after i posted it said 1m posts on the home page :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh well then that's got nothing to do with it...
    The reality is...IN THOSE DYING SECONDS.....two posts were made! I made my post definitely at the 999,999 stage....however if you got in there first, then my post would have been the 1,000,001 post. When I had posted the message, i refreshed the main page and saw the post count at 1,000,001....this obviously suggested someone beat me to it.....you were the only other poster in those seconds....so i thought you had beaten me. However, it has been confirmed that MY POST happened BEFORE YOURS.......hence MY POST must be the millionth one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Maths problems? What the hell kind of student do you think I am? Only Mathmos, engineers, compscis and natscis do maths, and medics are infinitely cooler than all of them
    I do Maths problems, and Economists are so much cooler than you medical geeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    oh well then that's got nothing to do with it...
    The reality is...IN THOSE DYING SECONDS.....two posts were made! I made my post definitely at the 999,999 stage....however if you got in there first, then my post would have been the 1,000,001 post. When I had posted the message, i refreshed the main page and saw the post count at 1,000,001....this obviously suggested someone beat me to it.....you were the only other poster in those seconds....so i thought you had beaten me. However, it has been confirmed that MY POST happened BEFORE YOURS.......hence MY POST must be the millionth one!
    wow! you are a geek! when i posted when to home page it said 1,000,000.

if anyone goes to our posts anyway it says post #1,184,000 so how can they be OFFICIAL?????

you can always say u got the millioneth and post it in your signature but the award will always be tainted.

i aint gonna write it my sig (i aint a geek) so you can, and noone will ever know that i beat you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i aint gonna write it my sig (i aint a geek) so you can, and noone will ever know that i beat you
    Honestly, other than you two, I don't think anyone cares. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    wow! you are a geek! when i posted when to home page it said 1,000,000.

if anyone goes to our posts anyway it says post #1,184,000 so how can they be OFFICIAL?????

you can always say u got the millioneth and post it in your signature but the award will always be tainted.

but the question is...when did you refresh the main page. I refreshed the main page after i had seen that my post had appeared. The post count at this stage was 1,000,001. If you hit "post" and then quickly refreshed the page elsewhere, before the post was officially registered, well then it might not have registered your post...the 1,000,000 you saw was actually due to my post!
    I can only speak for myself regarding my certainty that i refreshed the main page fully after the post registered....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    I do Maths problems, and Economists are so much cooler than you medical geeks.
    Keep telling yourself that as you fiddle with your calculator, darling

ReputationRep:
    but it's the principle! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    honestly i dont care, i've told him he can have it!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Keep telling yourself that as you fiddle with your calculator, darling
    Whilst you play with your colouring pencils, you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, helen, why don't you ake a good cryptic crossword to work. They're always good time fillers.

MB

ReputationRep:
    well i'm off to bed now....I consider this an open and shut case...despite what you (chats) may think, I am convinced it was my post that was the millionth post, and it is for these simple reasons:

It is FACT that our two posts made up the millionth and 1,000,001th post. That is undeniable and absolutely the truth. No other post was made in those seconds.

Hence it is a question of which post was registered earlier.

It is a FACT that my post was registered earlier (as confirmed by search and by d).

Unless due to some absolutely bizarre reason which I can't think of, I can not seem to find any way (based on those two points being facts) that I was not the millionth poster.

But as we have both acknowleged...Pencil Queen has the true millionth post!

ReputationRep:
    I think you must have me mixed up with a Geographer. I'm a medic. We do important, relevant stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Err, I wasn't aware geography was part of medical courses. It's not in my curriculum!

ReputationRep:
    I think you must have me mixed up with a Geographer. I'm a medic. We do important, relevant stuff.
    Damn, Helenia, you beat me to it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You told me you coloured everything in! I remember beacuse you had a big ***** about how your ***** for a Head of Maths wouldn't let you do it at school, so you did it at Cambridge. I said it was childish, but you disagreed.

(Original post by musicboy)
    does visesh "like" your sister?

MB

2yr rule says its ok if he does. besides, id like a brother in law who can cook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    2yr rule says its ok if he does. besides, id like a brother in law who can cook.
    with corriander.

MB

(Original post by musicboy)
    with corriander.

MB
    nope, no coriander was involved today.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.