Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I just had my first goodbye!
    One of my friends is going away on holiday and doesn't get back until after we start uni, it was so much harder than I was expecting! Saying see you at Christmas is really weird and upsetting! The rest leave this week or next, it's going to be so difficult!
    They're all having little goodbye parties, by the time I go they'll be no one left to say goodbye to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    One of my friends is going away on holiday and doesn't get back until after we start uni, it was so much harder than I was expecting! Saying see you at Christmas is really weird and upsetting! The rest leave this week or next, it's going to be so difficult!
    They're all having little goodbye parties, by the time I go they'll be no one left to say goodbye to!
    it's horrible isn't it. one of my friends is going up to manchester next week to stay with her mum for a week, then going down to sheffield for uni...i won't see her till christmas now

and all my good best friends start/go away to uni next week

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know the feeling....half my friends disappear in just over a week.....but that just makes me worry about all the stuff i haven't got sorted which i need to get done.
    Argh i need a haircut!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Indeed. Dodgy pyromaniac lipophiles :eek: . Where is Pol these days by the way?
    Táim ar ais arís! / I’m back again!

Been in Ireland for a bit…

Getting very scared about Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)

Been in Ireland for a bit…

Getting very scared about Cambridge!
    Welcome back pol. We're all scared (or at least I am)

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    It makes me feel lucky that I have no friends.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back.

ReputationRep:
    hail and well met indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Can't say i have, i learnt most of mine from our insane A-level Chemistry teacher, Mr Ray Sharples (or DJ Ray as he was known, long story..). Don't worry, your parents will find you, they won't leave you alone in the cold. I wouldn't mind but i haven't met Helen (my parent, hello if she is present) yet and i already like her from the letter i got.
    I'm sure I can show you many of Rogers files (I've seen an updated "Anarchist's Cookbook" on the net but I have some random 1990 files on disk)

I haven't heard anything from my parents yet I may not have any as I'm too old! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I will be your mum pol!
    Thanks mummy. I'll be round to get my nappy changed sometime..

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I can show you many of Rogers files (I've seen an updated "Anarchist's Cookbook" on the net but I have some random 1990 files on disk)

I haven't heard anything from my parents yet I may not have any as I'm too old! :rolleyes:
    This is the best resource on the web: www.totse.com more specifically http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/index.html

MB

ReputationRep:
    My mates all go to uni before I get back to the UK - so I had to say goodbye to them all on saturday night. Sooo sad. Really hoping that I'll find some mates at camb...but then most people do, right?
    Also making inrodes into reading list! YAY!

ReputationRep:
    i feel all bad...i'm just not bothering with the reading list...eek!
    none of it's really mandatory anyways.

ReputationRep:
    well, this place finally let me register.... :rolleyes: took long enough. Have kind of migrated here through various links from the newstudent.org site since this place seems a bit busier. I'm reading philosophy at Trinity Hall this year. Dammit I'm scared now! My first (and really close) friend left for uni this morning and all of a sudden it's so real, we're actually going. *****.*

But you guys seem nice. A little crazy, but that's good. Myabe you can entertain me wile I wait for any scrap of information the college feels like sending me (am I just being impatient? I am pretty impatient. But three weeks seems a long time since results - surely they could send more than a room ballot form by now. :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    hi there, welcome to our humble abode....if you want to get yourself added to our friendly table, you can do so: http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/

make sure you enter a valid email address for validation purposes though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high_dro_jen)
    well, this place finally let me register.... :rolleyes: took long enough. Have kind of migrated here through various links from the newstudent.org site since this place seems a bit busier. I'm reading philosophy at Trinity Hall this year. Dammit I'm scared now! My first (and really close) friend left for uni this morning and all of a sudden it's so real, we're actually going. *****.*

But you guys seem nice. A little crazy, but that's good. Myabe you can entertain me wile I wait for any scrap of information the college feels like sending me (am I just being impatient? I am pretty impatient. But three weeks seems a long time since results - surely they could send more than a room ballot form by now. :confused: )
    Hello. Welcome to the thread.
    Some peopel only got their fresher's packs four or five days ago - so I wouldn't worry! Tis three weeks or so till we go, I'm sure you'll get something soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    hi there, welcome to our humble abode....if you want to get yourself added to our friendly table, you can do so: http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/

make sure you enter a valid email address for validation purposes though!
    I would join that table but there isn't Hughes Hall college.

ReputationRep:
    It was intended to be an Undergrad table only I'm afraid....I'll think about adding grad colleges though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    Hello. Welcome to the thread.
    Some peopel only got their fresher's packs four or five days ago - so I wouldn't worry! Tis three weeks or so till we go, I'm sure you'll get something soon!

Hope so. It's annoying not being able to plan stuff (I am a plan-freak, so it's bad!) I'm so bored I've cleaned the whole house whilst my parents are on holiday and taken up the living room carpet.

Thanks for the link, Willa, I added myself. Great idea.

Jen

ReputationRep:
    and now that you're added, you'll be invited to our super funky parties which we're planning....you'll recieve invites through CamSIS to your email account!!

And a philosopher eh.....honourable subject, wish I was better at that type of thing.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.