The Student Room Group
high_dro_jen
Hope so. It's annoying not being able to plan stuff (I am a plan-freak, so it's bad!) I'm so bored I've cleaned the whole house whilst my parents are on holiday and taken up the living room carpet.

Thanks for the link, Willa, I added myself. Great idea.

Jen

Lol I like to plan stuff too, and clean stuff for that matter, but I wouldn't gp so far as to clean the living room carpet!!
:biggrin:
Reply 5361
Welcome to the thread Jen....erm...yes we are crazy.....don't worry...we'll convert you :tongue:

G
Willa
and now that you're added, you'll be invited to our super funky parties which we're planning....you'll recieve invites through CamSIS to your email account!!

And a philosopher eh.....honourable subject, wish I was better at that type of thing.

isn't philosophy just procrastination?

MB
And a philosopher eh.....honourable subject, wish I was better at that type of thing.

No idea if I'm good at it, never studied it before :redface: (only slightly worrying, I know.) But managed to waffle my way through the interview :tongue:

Lol I like to plan stuff too, and clean stuff for that matter, but I wouldn't gp so far as to clean the living room carpet!!

I've taken the carpet up - as in got scissors and massacred it. Mum keeps saying she wants the get rid of it and show of the old parquet floor, so I did it for her.

isn't philosophy just procrastination?

Yes. I can't decide what I want to do with life so I'm putting it on hold. :smile:
high_dro_jen

Yes. I can't decide what I want to do with life so I'm putting it on hold. :smile:

I was only McJoking. Philosophy's a great subject.

MB
musicboy
I was only McJoking. Philosophy's a great subject.

MB

Sadly I was deadly serious. lol. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but I'm hoping it might be quite fun. I figured if I don't know what I want to do after three years I may as well just try to enjoy them. (It may have been more along the lines of [to my Dad]: "I may DIE before finishing my degree for all you know - I'm damn well going to do whatever I want!" [regaining posture and smile]: "And could you please pay for it.")
Reply 5366
crana
2yr rule says its ok if he does. besides, id like a brother in law who can cook.

:eek:

The thought never crossed my mind! She started it by the way... :tongue:

EDIT: The two-year rule might say it's ok, but the half-your-age-plus-seven rule just misses it by a couple of months. Oh well.
Reply 5367
visesh
:eek:

The thought never crossed my mind! She started it by the way... :tongue:

EDIT: The two-year rule might say it's ok, but the half-your-age-plus-seven rule just misses it by a couple of months. Oh well.

What's the two year rule? I fine the half +7 works though...lol

G
Reply 5368
high_dro_jen
Hope so. It's annoying not being able to plan stuff (I am a plan-freak, so it's bad!) I'm so bored I've cleaned the whole house whilst my parents are on holiday and taken up the living room carpet.

Jen

Wow....you'd make a great house-mate...lol.....i don't suppose youcean other ppl's houses when you're bored as well do you??

Only jokin :tongue:

G
If I get to use a pink feather duster I'll clean anything.
Reply 5370
gzftan
What's the two year rule? I fine the half +7 works though...lol

G

Isn't the two-year rule something to do with an age difference of two years? Oh, btw, even the two-year rule wont work. Tough break Rosie, I guess I can only cook for you as a guest or friend...not family. :rolleyes:
Reply 5371
high_dro_jen
If I get to use a pink feather duster I'll clean anything.

Careful.....there are some weird people out there who might take you up on that :tongue:

G
gzftan
Careful.....there are some weird people out there who might take you up on that :tongue:

G

This is my biggest worry about being among new friends at uni... I can't just say stuff like that, in case those weird people are right there! gah. Or in case it makes me look like a weird person (how long do you think you should have known somebody before it's OK to admit that you've farted?)

Hey I just looked on your profile and you're a day younger than me! Hurrah.
Reply 5373
YOU'VE FARTED!!!! I've only known you a few hours and you admit to that...HOW WIERD ARE YOU!

Only joking....you dont need to admit you've farted before to anyone...it's one of those things everyone knows everyone knows everyone has done...it doesnt need to be said.
Willa
YOU'VE FARTED!!!! I've only known you a few hours and you admit to that...HOW WIERD ARE YOU!

Only joking....you dont need to admit you've farted before to anyone...it's one of those things everyone knows everyone knows everyone has done...it doesnt need to be said.

Lol, yes, everyone knows everyone else has farted before (I heard the average was like 14 times a day or something?!) but I meant how long before you can say 'Oh yes, I've JUST farted.' I think on getting to uni I'm going to try NOT to say it on my first meeting with anyone.

I have an urge to finish this post with 'but sometimes things like that just slip out.' But I'm not going to.
wassup d00ds
Hey guys and gals, what's going on? I can't be bothered reading the previous 15 or so pages to catch up so i'm just going to be rude. Back in Italy again though so it isn't all bad and i've got my parents with me this time so i don't have to pay for anything! :cool:
Reply 5377
high_dro_jen
Lol, yes, everyone knows everyone else has farted before (I heard the average was like 14 times a day or something?!) but I meant how long before you can say 'Oh yes, I've JUST farted.' I think on getting to uni I'm going to try NOT to say it on my first meeting with anyone.

I have an urge to finish this post with 'but sometimes things like that just slip out.' But I'm not going to.

well tbh i wouldnt go up to someone and just say "I've just farted"....although I dont know how other people are.....personally I tend not to fart in public.
Reply 5378
high_dro_jen

Jen

hey jen!! i'm a plan freak too hehe. only i can't bring myself to clean the house from top to bottom. its strange but at home i never feel like cleaning, yet on holiday all my friends nicknamed me Monica because i was alsways rushing round tidying up/washing up. hopefully i'l be like that at uni (otherwise i can imagine the bio natsci's will find the contents of my fridge fascinating)

and good on you for gettin in for philosophy...even if, as you say, blagged the interview, must have been some pretty damn good blagging :tongue:
Reply 5379
Willa
well tbh i wouldnt go up to someone and just say "I've just farted"....although I dont know how other people are.....personally I tend not to fart in public.

how?! what if you have one waiting to burst, and you can't stop it?
i never burp out loud, all my burps are silent, as is my passing of wind :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending