Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by visesh)
    :eek:

The thought never crossed my mind! She started it by the way...

EDIT: The two-year rule might say it's ok, but the half-your-age-plus-seven rule just misses it by a couple of months. Oh well.
    well, the two year rule is the one everyone i know uses (well, with the exceptions of You Know Who). I was disturbed enough when it put brown + my sister as a possibility though, let alone you. having said that , he can't cook, although he did sued to work at dominos so i guess he can make pizza

(Original post by visesh)
    Isn't the two-year rule something to do with an age difference of two years? Oh, btw, even the two-year rule wont work. Tough break Rosie, I guess I can only cook for you as a guest or friend...not family. :rolleyes:

well, she's 15 and you're 17

I make that 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    how?! what if you have one waiting to burst, and you can't stop it?
    i never burp out loud, all my burps are silent, as is my passing of wind :rolleyes:
    well i dont think i often get ones i really cant hold back....but when i do...it's a case of willpower...and finding the nearest toilet!

(Original post by Willa)
    well i dont think i often get ones i really cant hold back....but when i do...it's a case of willpower...and finding the nearest toilet!
    if you really can't hold them back, surely willpower will not help you

ReputationRep:
    well there's desperate,....and then there's really desperate!

(Original post by Willa)
    well there's desperate,....and then there's really desperate!
    how about we talk about something different?

wanna know something odd? i saw a couple of posts by someone and they sounded strangely familiar... i didnt see any particularly identifying details though, not even location or anything... and i was right in who it was! SHERLOCK HOLMES, STEP ASIDE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    how about we talk about something different?

wanna know something odd? i saw a couple of posts by someone and they sounded strangely familiar... i didnt see any particularly identifying details though, not even location or anything... and i was right in who it was! SHERLOCK HOLMES, STEP ASIDE
    sherlock holmes sucked anyways

(Original post by Willa)
    sherlock holmes sucked anyways
    i was quite impressed by my deductive powers, actually *sniff*

ReputationRep:
    i cant comment because i still have no idea what on earth you're talking about!

(Original post by Willa)
    i cant comment because i still have no idea what on earth you're talking about!
    well i saw some posts by a person on here and something about them just seemed quite familiar as in someone i went to school with... even tho i didnt see anything like where they lived etc.. and I pm'd them and askd and i had guessed who it was right

ReputationRep:
    come on guys...we have to keep posting...the football thread is creeping away. Although in fact we have more "views" than the football thread, which means our topic of conversation is definitely more interesting to visitors!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hey jen!! i'm a plan freak too hehe. only i can't bring myself to clean the house from top to bottom. its strange but at home i never feel like cleaning, yet on holiday all my friends nicknamed me Monica because i was alsways rushing round tidying up/washing up. hopefully i'l be like that at uni (otherwise i can imagine the bio natsci's will find the contents of my fridge fascinating)

and good on you for gettin in for philosophy...even if, as you say, blagged the interview, must have been some pretty damn good blagging
    Hehe I am Monica! Not for the obsessive cleaning (I'm clean, but never tidy!) but for the cooking!! I was explaining my amazing friend making plan the other day...my birthday is Oct 4th, I shall make lots of little cakes & give them out (I even bought a weighing scales & a mixing bowl!)... have since been called Monica by my loved ones! Newnham College, Monday of freshers' week, cakes!!
    My unofficail birhday bash is this Thursday, which ties in with my best mates leaving party...I'm going to be so sad!

Is anyone planning on taking their own blankets/duvet etc? I get cold incredibly easily, my mum reckons I should take my own but I'm not convinced I'll need it, or have the space in the car!

ReputationRep:
    well if you take your own extra duvet, you have to get it washed yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    well, she's 15 and you're 17

I make that 2 years
    Well in two months, I'm 18, she is 15. I make that 3 years .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    You told me you coloured everything in! I remember beacuse you had a big ***** about how your ***** for a Head of Maths wouldn't let you do it at school, so you did it at Cambridge. I said it was childish, but you disagreed.
    Oh yes, I did anatomy colouring last year - but that was with felt tips, not crayons :rolleyes:

I don't remember where my Maths teacher came into it though :confused:

Welcome back Pol! Don't be scared, it'll be great and I hope you love it as much as I do I only live at the bottom of the hill, anyway

(Original post by Willa)
    well if you take your own extra duvet, you have to get it washed yourself!
    you hardly have to wash duvets often unless you throw up on them or something disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Hehe I am Monica! Not for the obsessive cleaning (I'm clean, but never tidy!) but for the cooking!! I was explaining my amazing friend making plan the other day...my birthday is Oct 4th, I shall make lots of little cakes & give them out (I even bought a weighing scales & a mixing bowl!)

lol, i'm taking a mixing bowl and scales aswell cos I also like making cakes (not just corriander ones). I will also be making cakes and giving them out to people. I am considering whether to get myself a cheap crappy electric whisk or just use my hand whisk.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    lol, i'm taking a mixing bowl and scales aswell cos I also like making cakes (not just corriander ones). I will also be making cakes and giving them out to people. I am considering whether to get myself a cheap crappy electric whisk or just use my hand whisk.

MB
    Fantastic! You can make me a birthday cake then!!
    I don't have a whisk yet, hand whisking all the way though, will buy one tomorrow. I did contemplate a cake tin, but now decided I probably won't use that much as I prefer fairy cakes!
    Corriander? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic! You can make me a birthday cake then!!
    I don't have a whisk yet, hand whisking all the way though, will buy one tomorrow. I did contemplate a cake tin, but now decided I probably won't use that much as I prefer fairy cakes!
    I'm taking a couple of cake tins. You can borrow whenever you want.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I wont bother asking

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.