The Student Room Group
Fluffstar
Thats a whole lot of opera! :smile:

why did you listen to it all? did you have a reason or was it just because you liked it?

coach journey from italy and I had nothing better to do, but yes, I love wagner (except for meistesinger)

MB
musicboy
coach journey from italy and I had nothing better to do, but yes, I love wagner (except for meistesinger)

MB

:redface: I'm afraid I'm classical-music-inept. I love the stuff, but I don't know any of the composers by style except that Chopin wrote lovely stuff for the piano, and Rachmaninoff wrote the best piano concerto ever, barring Greig's one.
I only have one classical CD except for my soundtracks :frown: I'm a deprived child :rolleyes:
musicboy
You can't beat me. I listened to the whole of Wagner's ring cycle (14 CDs of opera) without a break.

MB

i read harry potter 5 in one sitting, does that count? :smile:
musicboy
I'm taking a couple of cake tins. You can borrow whenever you want.

MB

You know I might actually take you up on that offer! I remember thinking how cool it was when my sister's flat mates all agreed to make birthday cakes for each other, I hope to be as cool!
I think it's fairly likely I'll have an oven, the fresher's pack included it in the basic facilities bit (one of my reasons for choosing Newnhaam was the good kitchens!), if not my Grandma (pre-nursing home) had a little tiny oven thing with grill that sits on the work surface. If my kitchen doesn't have one, my mum has promised to bring it up, I'll save more money cooking for myself than buying it made for me. Also considering saving all birthday and christmas money to buy a fridge/freezer thing for my room if it doesn't already have one. They seem to be about £120, I reckon over three years I'd end up saving more than the intial cost.
Katie J
You know I might actually take you up on that offer! I remember thinking how cool it was when my sister's flat mates all agreed to make birthday cakes for each other, I hope to be as cool!
I think it's fairly likely I'll have an oven, the fresher's pack included it in the basic facilities bit (one of my reasons for choosing Newnhaam was the good kitchens!), if not my Grandma (pre-nursing home) had a little tiny oven thing with grill that sits on the work surface. If my kitchen doesn't have one, my mum has promised to bring it up, I'll save more money cooking for myself than buying it made for me. Also considering saving all birthday and christmas money to buy a fridge/freezer thing for my room if it doesn't already have one. They seem to be about £120, I reckon over three years I'd end up saving more than the intial cost.

you can get those little beer-type fridges for about £30 now I think although I haven't seen any with freezers.. it would be good to get you started with :smile: and i imagine there is quite a big market in them when people move out and want to sell them
crana
you can get those little beer-type fridges for about £30 now I think although I haven't seen any with freezers.. it would be good to get you started with :smile: and i imagine there is quite a big market in them when people move out and want to sell them

That would probably do...I'll make sure to look out for second hand deals, I can imagine carting one through the town from a different college could be an entertaining way to spend an afternoon!
Even a shelf of a freezer would be so useful, I still can't believe they don't have them as standard, this tradition of communal eating is frankly quite scary!!
Katie J
That would probably do...I'll make sure to look out for second hand deals, I can imagine carting one through the town from a different college could be an entertaining way to spend an afternoon!
Even a shelf of a freezer would be so useful, I still can't believe they don't have them as standard, this tradition of communal eating is frankly quite scary!!

i know, what will i do without my frozen peas?!? i love peas and i WONT EAT ONES FROM TINS they are horrible.

I thnk my dad said they had Stella fridges in asda for about £25? Im not sure.
Katie J

Yeah, i've never done the communal eating thing (except with family). It's a bit weird. Also Dinner is served really early (I regularly eat at midnight)

MB
musicboy
Yeah, i've never done the communal eating thing (except with family). It's a bit weird. Also Dinner is served really early (I regularly eat at midnight)

MB

when i was at school id havebreakfast at 7am, lunch at 11am, and tea at 5pm...but now i have breakfast at 12pm, lunch at work at 5.30pm and then dinner about ..well.. now :smile:

when my bf was at uni i used to go round and cook for him and sometimes the other guys in the flat. and do their washing up :rolleyes:
crana
and do their washing up :rolleyes:

as a woman should.

MB
musicboy
as a woman should.

MB

Oi! :mad:
Lol, just got in from work about half an hour ago, washing up for hours tonight as my voice is a little croaky still and they didn't want me to scare any customers!

I don't really want to use the buttery or eat out much, I reckon I could live quite economically cooking for myself!
My eating patterns are a bit crazy, I love breakfast but often sleep to late to justify both that and lunch in less than an hour! I'm quite lazy and will put of making tea until someone else offers, if they don't it's left as long as possible!
I don't like the idea of having set meal times at all, I quite like the idea of freedom at uni, not having to be home at such and such a time etc, having to be back for food would drive me mad!
Katie J
Oi! :mad:
Lol, just got in from work about half an hour ago, washing up for hours tonight as my voice is a little croaky still and they didn't want me to scare any customers!

I don't really want to use the buttery or eat out much, I reckon I could live quite economically cooking for myself!
My eating patterns are a bit crazy, I love breakfast but often sleep to late to justify both that and lunch in less than an hour! I'm quite lazy and will put of making tea until someone else offers, if they don't it's left as long as possible!
I don't like the idea of having set meal times at all, I quite like the idea of freedom at uni, not having to be home at such and such a time etc, having to be back for food would drive me mad!

sorry, I couldn't resist. I generally don't do breakdfast except for a couple of cups of coffee.

MB
Reply 5432
Wooo Cambrdige number 1 as per usual in the Times League table (And by a significant point score, 241 compared to 214 at oxford on teaching standard alone!)
I suspect my diet will considerably IMPROVE when i get to Cam.
Willa
Wooo Cambrdige number 1 as per usual in the Times League table (And by a significant point score, 241 compared to 214 at oxford on teaching standard alone!)

YAY :smile: Do you ever think about that and recoil in horror as to what you're getting yourself into? Every so often I stop and think "I'm going to the best uni in europe, number 3 in the world :O"
Reply 5435
No I dont recoil.....it means I can point and laugh at my Oxford going friends. We always argue about which is better. Unfortuantely for them, Cambridge WINS! :biggrin:
Reply 5436
oh just thought I'd add: Emma is number 1 in tompkins again :biggrin:
Willa

outrageous! there was probably a "number of ducks" column or something. Clare at number4 pffft!
Reply 5438
scarlet ibis
oooh
brownies! sounds good! just make sure they have LOTS of hazelnuts in them! :biggrin:

Lol...sorry..but that ain't gonna happen i'm afraid...me's allergic to hazelnuts...:frown:

I do normally put two different types of chocolate chunks in them though...white and milk chocolate :smile:

G
Willa

Yaaaaaaar, that means they'll make you work harder than us then :tongue: :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending