Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
you keep pet hens?! admirable...they'd just annoy me, i'm not quite at my broody mothery stage just yet

yes, they were lovely. I had a dark brahma and two light sussex. They were the best pets - very cute and cuddley.

MB
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Awww that sounds so cute
Morning all! {wants to go back to bed and wishes she had more spares to laze around the common room}
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Awww that sounds so cute
Morning all! {wants to go back to bed and wishes she had more spares to laze around the common room}
*wishes she didn't have only 2 and a half weeks to finish her reading list..... :'(*
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
*wishes she didn't have only 2 and a half weeks to finish her reading list..... :'(*
you can read during freshers' week too.

MB
Fluffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
<grin> I've given up. I've decided to read three books, one on each of the subjects I'm taking, and do the maths workbook.
Can't be doing with stressing about it. It seems a whole lot more manageable when you think "three books to read" And if you've done the subject at A level tis even nicer (Stupid me choosing two brand new ones grr...)
Don't stress hun, don't think anyone on here has done that much...

Comma
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
poor chickens . My parents have made me give my pet hens away to the city farm because they don't want to ook after them when I go off to uni.

MB
That's unlucky Did you eat their eggs for breakfast every day then? That would be idyllic
Comma
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fluffstar)
<grin> I've given up. I've decided to read three books, one on each of the subjects I'm taking, and do the maths workbook.
Can't be doing with stressing about it. It seems a whole lot more manageable when you think "three books to read" And if you've done the subject at A level tis even nicer (Stupid me choosing two brand new ones grr...)
Don't stress hun, don't think anyone on here has done that much...

I've decided not to work my way through the reading list. It's too loong... and this is the last proper holiday I'll have
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hello Comma btw
Remember and add yourself to Willa's database thing.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
you can read during freshers' week too.

MB
pfft like that will happen. i'm a really slow reader and take ages to absorb anything. at the moment i'm about 20 pages into the first linguistics book...i've done 2 chapters of this grammar book, but i have to finish the linguistics book, another linguistics book, and some italian grammar crap. blegh
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Comma)
Hello! I'm going to Jesus College to read Medicine. Nice to meet you all
Hello!! I take it you followed my link from the newstudent website

I'm Geoff btw- as you can see...this is a much better forum than the other one

If you'd like me to..i can add you to the first post.

G
Comma
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Hello!! I take it you followed my link from the newstudent website

I'm Geoff btw- as you can see...this is a much better forum than the other one

If you'd like me to..i can add you to the first post.

G
Yep, I followed the link! Thanks very much. This is much more active (though no sub-forums for different categories :confused: )

Sure, add me to the first post. I think I'm the only Jesusian so far, right?
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Comma)
Yep, I followed the link! Thanks very much. This is much more active (though no sub-forums for different categories :confused: )

Sure, add me to the first post. I think I'm the only Jesusian so far, right?
Do you want to tell us your first name?? If you do..then i'll add it to the post...if not..no worries...

And..according to the list...curious orange is a jesusian as well....though i haven't read many of his posts on here.....never mind....i'm the only regular caian poster!

G
Comma
Report 15 years ago
Do you want to tell us your first name?? If you do..then i'll add it to the post...if not..no worries...

And..according to the list...curious orange is a jesusian as well....though i haven't read many of his posts on here.....never mind....i'm the only regular caian poster!

G
Oops, sorry. My first name is Lei.
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Comma)
Oops, sorry. My first name is Lei.
Wow....that's a beautiful name...i've never heard of it before though unless it's chinese.....how do you pronounce it?

G
Comma
Report 15 years ago
Wow....that's a beautiful name...i've never heard of it before though unless it's chinese.....how do you pronounce it?

G
Aw.. thanks!

Yes, it's Chinese. It's pronounced "lay", though in Chinese you'd have to do a weird thing with your voice in the middle
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Comma)
Aw.. thanks!

Yes, it's Chinese. It's pronounced "lay", though in Chinese you'd have to do a weird thing with your voice in the middle
Lol...which tone...3rd?

G
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey Lei, the CamSIS website is now up ( http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/ ) if you want to add yourself to that. You will get invites to our parties if you do!!!
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
Hey Lei, the CamSIS website is now up ( http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/ ) if you want to add yourself to that. You will get invites to our parties if you do!!!
Was gonna mention that earlier..but the link wasn't working cos i think your computer was off...up and running now though

G
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yes i decided to wake up at last
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
yes i decided to wake up at last
Lol..nice...i was up at 9 cos i had stuff to do before my driving lesson at 10:30...then i realised that my lesson is actually at 11:45...coulda got an hour or so extra sleep!!!!!! :mad:

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads