Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
didn't get into the freshers' party. Apparently it was full before I got my freshers' pack.

MB
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
didn't get into the freshers' party. Apparently it was full before I got my freshers' pack.

MB
That's a bit dumb...i'm lucky i got my freshers party letter with the accpetance letter

G
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

MB
are these the regional ones? doubt i'm going to go to the liverpool one now hehe, bit late to get a ticket i suppose
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by priya)
are these the regional ones? doubt i'm going to go to the liverpool one now hehe, bit late to get a ticket i suppose
I reckon you could still try and get a place for it....the letter said that the london one is normally over-subscribed....didn't mention about the others though

G
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)

yeah, the london one. That reminds me I should book for that big bang thing - the website wasn't working yesterday.

MB
~U~Teedy~U~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Wow....that's a beautiful name...i've never heard of it before though unless it's chinese.....how do you pronounce it?

G

It also means the formal 'she' in Italian (which can mean he -don't ask), for anyone who cares!! :rolleyes:

T
Comma
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~U~Teedy~U~)
It also means the formal 'she' in Italian (which can mean he -don't ask), for anyone who cares!! :rolleyes:

T
Wonderful, isn't it? There's a song in Italian called "Vivo Per Lei", which I really love
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~U~Teedy~U~)

T
I really didn't understand a word of that....:confused:

G
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
yeah!! hehe. although the lads i know that can drive passed waaay before us girls did.. i did wait till june last year to start lessons however :rolleyes:
eek :eek: i have my (2nd) test on the 28th (day after the freshers party :eek: ).
failed on a really stupid thing last time - stopped too late at traffic lights so i was over the line :mad:
i just figured i'll need to be able to drive when i'm an architect. when i did my work experience, all the architects spenta a lot of time driving around between sites (at ridiculous speeds)
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, the london one. That reminds me I should book for that big bang thing - the website wasn't working yesterday.

MB
oh yeah - the website wasn't working alst time i looked either
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
oh yeah - the website wasn't working alst time i looked either

well there's still no link to the freshers' event. Maybe i've missed it

MB
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oooh, even better. If you go to www.cusu.cam.ac.uk you get "redirecting to the new home of CUSU online..." and then it doesn't redirect you. I mean, FFS. You have the brainiest people in the McCountry and they can't put a bloody website together.

MB
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
tbh they seem incredibly disorganised....their ents website has never worked...it's just a temporary page every time i've looked!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oooh, even better. If you go to www.cusu.cam.ac.uk you get "redirecting to the new home of CUSU online..." and then it doesn't redirect you. I mean, FFS. You have the brainiest people in the McCountry and they can't put a bloody website together.

MB
it redirects me mate
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
it redirects me mate

oh yes, so it does. LOL, serves me right for using a 56k connection one a ****e computer.

MB
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i think i might go upstairs and try and sort out the stuff i am gonna take to cam.....get me in the mood for uni!
high_dro_jen
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Have just been looking at the CUSU site myself and dl'd the online Freshers Guide. Has a short list of essential stuff you should take. Probably 90% of it wasn't on the really long list I've already written, lol. So now it's a huuuge list. Does everybody else have a documented 'immunisation history'?! Maybe I can get it from my doctor? Oh well I'm not planning on falling ill at uni.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
well i think i might go upstairs and try and sort out the stuff i am gonna take to cam.....get me in the mood for uni!
i started doing that about a week ago!!! tip: if u have an asda/large supermarket near u go to them and beg them for BIG boxes/bubble wrap...they cme in so handy when packing away things like cutlery/kettles etc!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
gonna have to wait half an hour....i dont know what stuff my mum will allow me to steal from the kitchen, so have to wait for her to have her bath. Jeees, and i was all geared up to start organising!
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by high_dro_jen)
Have just been looking at the CUSU site myself and dl'd the online Freshers Guide. Has a short list of essential stuff you should take. Probably 90% of it wasn't on the really long list I've already written, lol. So now it's a huuuge list. Does everybody else have a documented 'immunisation history'?! Maybe I can get it from my doctor? Oh well I'm not planning on falling ill at uni.
I swear there's nothing in my freshers pack about getting immunised!!! I better have another look through!!

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads