Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this happens at all the colleges, but Sidney publishes the names and schools of people expected to matriculate that year in the college annual. So I know all the names and schools of the people in my year, and will know all the names and schools of the freshers starting this year as soon as the annual comes out. That's about as close as it gets.

ReputationRep:
    ooo list list, i wanna see the list

i also want to meet my college parents, they seem like super cool people. My dad plays electric guitar like me and is a compsci, and my mum plays piano and flute and sings!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ooo list list, i wanna see the list

i also want to meet my college parents, they seem like super cool people. My dad plays electric guitar like me and is a compsci, and my mum plays piano and flute and sings!!!!
    Aw, my college parents still haven't written to me yet

ReputationRep:
    my colege dad emailed me from russia! lol. parents seem really cool though, can't wait to meet them. and i have a brother as well, which i'm very excited about

ReputationRep:
    i have 5 siblings!

I hope one's a bass guitarist, and another is a drummer...then we can make a band!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i have 5 siblings!

I hope one's a bass guitarist, and another is a drummer...then we can make a band!!!
    5?!! my god your parents are going to have their hands full :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well i'm their favourite so far....but only because i'm apparently the only one who's contacted them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well i'm their favourite so far....but only because i'm apparently the only one who's contacted them!
    hehe, wel just keep buttering them up, i'm sure you'll remain the favourite for the whole year!

ReputationRep:
    *sniffs*
    i want parents!

how did they contact you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comma)
    Aw, my college parents still haven't written to me yet
    Mine haven't either

Probably still suffering from the shock of finding they have a child older than them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    *sniffs*
    i want parents!

how did they contact you?
    their letters came together in the post. It seems that they had been filtered through the college, because it had some information from the DoS in it. Although apparently some have recieved emails. And also in some cases you wont get anything from them, you will just meet them on the first day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Mine haven't either

Probably still suffering from the shock of finding they have a child older than them..

there is a possibility they won't know even that....all my parents knew about me was my name and what i was studying. they might tell them you're a mature student though...then again they could assume you are 21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    then again they could assume you are 21

Then again... look at my profile pic - the 21 belief would be rather short-lived when I get up there! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We were only told the name, subject and address of our kids. Don't worry, I'm sure you haven't already put them off!!!

ReputationRep:
    mansfield is the 2nd biggest town in nottinghamshire!
    I thought it was the biggest? Anyway, I know Mansfield! I was there yesterday visiting a mate! But I have to ask now... have you been on Trisha?

(Original post by Minor_Deity)
    I thought it was the biggest? Anyway, I know Mansfield! I was there yesterday visiting a mate! But I have to ask now... have you been on Trisha?
    well... I guess technically speaking it would be the biggest town as Nottingham is a city. But i meant the 2nd biggest town/city/thing after Nottingham.

Dude, if you had said, you could have met me and visesh!! I would have brought you a FREE EGG COB!!!

and no i have never been on trisha...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor Deity)
    For life, liberty and extreamly long, badly spelt messages (sorry)
    Shaw wasn't very funny either... It takes an Irishman to be funny :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    aww, I though all of Mansfield went on trisha (No offence ment, but coming from Worskop it's nice to pretend another area is even more messed up than us...) And to rub it in... I missed out on an Egg Cob! Tradgedy!

I got letters from both my college uncles! Except I've lost one already, and I didn't write his e-mail address down anywhere

(Original post by Minor_Deity)
    aww, I though all of Mansfield went on trisha (No offence ment, but coming from Worskop it's nice to pretend another area is even more messed up than us...) And to rub it in... I missed out on an Egg Cob! Tradgedy!

I got letters from both my college uncles! Except I've lost one already, and I didn't write his e-mail address down anywhere

Ahh you're from worksop! I was there the other week taking my brotehr to some thingy at worksop college. (he then tried to run away in the middle of the night,. i dont kjnow why i bothr).

Seriously dude you should come and meet me and visesh and i might even be able to get you a COB!!!!!!!! or a CAN OF POP!!!!!!!!!!!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    In response to polthegael:

I never was any good at spelling

You can't insult Shaw though! He was a founding fabian! (I think)

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.