Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to wait until Cambs 2 meat u Minor Deity.

We can sing Bee Gees songs together and the spelling doesn't matter..!

ReputationRep:
    two good things have happenned today: I started knitting some nice blue socks because apparently cambridge is cold in the winter and I also got some emails from my DoS - we are already on first name terms.

MB

ReputationRep:
    We can sing Bee Gees songs together
    :eek: Bee gees? I'd have to be prity drunk for that (hint hint).

Seriously dude you should come and meet me and visesh and i might even be able to get you a COB!!!!!!!! or a CAN OF POP!!!!!!!!!!!
    How could I resist such an offer?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I'll have to wait until Cambs 2 meat u Minor Deity.

We can sing Bee Gees songs together and the spelling doesn't matter..!
    I wanna sing Bee Gees songs too! Discovered last night that they sound really funny on helium (well.. most things do, haha). Is there a Bee Gees society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high_dro_jen)
    I wanna sing Bee Gees songs too! Discovered last night that they sound really funny on helium (well.. most things do, haha). Is there a Bee Gees society?
    google it. i'm sure there is. if not, create it!

ReputationRep:
    Bee Gees... Yes - they do sound like girls/little boys on helium! I woefully drive along listening to Bee Gees tapes in my car (you can't get many tapes these days anymore!)

My comment surrounded the ineffable Deity's comment about TRADGEDY (sic)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor_Deity)
    How could I resist such an offer?!?
    well...you only live at the other end of the A60, less than 12 miles from me I'g guessing (i live 'just outside mansfield', more towards worksop )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Bee Gees... Yes - they do sound like girls/little boys on helium! I woefully drive along listening to Bee Gees tapes in my car (you can't get many tapes these days anymore!)

My comment surrounded the ineffable Deity's comment about TRADGEDY (sic)..

HEY!! Nothing wrong with the Bee Gees

G

ReputationRep:
    *dances because is bored*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    *yawns, then eats chocolate because she is also bored*

i wanna start packing but i'm aware that if i do it now, a) i'll have to live out of my suitcase(s) for 2 weeks, and b) i'll have nothing left to do but reading list!!! which i want to try and avoid for as long as possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    *Dances with Willa*

My sister surprised me earlier, she was sitting at the table doing her homework, listening to the Fame soundtrack then I look round and she's crouched on the floor, head bowed. I ask if she's ok, and she ignores me, then suddenly as the chorus arrives, she springs into this massive dance routine! :eek: Randomness!

ReputationRep:
    lol.....i'm not that bored to be honest, i'm watching an itneresting documentary about this deaf couple who are having a baby. Some of the scenes are so surreal....a group of people standing around having conversations in complete silence (the one hearing person looks completely bemused). And then they try and listen to music and they are like "I cant hear anything, this is stupid" they're sitting there and they cant hear the classical music!

All the scenes are so quiet....I loved the hen night....near complete silence!

ReputationRep:
    interesting....she gave birth without a single scream or groan....and the baby came out completely silent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    interesting....she gave birth without a single scream or groan....and the baby came out completely silent!
    How bizarre! I assume she was still in pain etc, just didn't express it vocally? Weird.

ReputationRep:
    yeea....she looked like she was working hard.

I just dont know if I agree with the father....he really wanted the child to be deaf (they just did a test, it is deaf now). The fathers mother (who can hear) is really disappointed her grandson is deaf, but the mothers parents (both deaf) are happy he is deaf!

I just dont know if you should want that wish for your child!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, loving "All things bright and beautiful" in sign language at the wedding....not only such a corny hymn to choose...but halarious people doing all the sign actions to it....was like doing the hokey pokey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    How bizarre! I assume she was still in pain etc, just didn't express it vocally? Weird.
    it's odd that the baby was silent...do they react to their mother's pain perhaps? is that why the baby was silent, because it didn't hear it's mother screaming?

ReputationRep:
    There's a couple that live near me who are both deaf, they have two kids, one deaf one not. In a terrible way it's fascinating to watch them all communicating doing basic things like shopping.

I think it's understandable to be pleased the child is deaf, it means they can communicate with them, I can't imagine how hard it must be to not be able to do so with your kids! My Grandma is both blind and deaf, she would rather her ears than her eyes anyday, she says it's so lonely at times.

ReputationRep:
    but the kid who can hear, surely he/she can communicate with their parents because they will be able to sign as well? That's my point....a hearing child can learn to sign just as well as a deaf child!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    but the kid who can hear, surely he/she can communicate with their parents because they will be able to sign as well? That's my point....a hearing child can learn to sign just as well as a deaf child!
    Yeah, but there's a lot of pressure on the little girl, she can't be more than 8 or 9. It's better for the parents, maybe not so for the child?
    Would it follow that the hearing child would have greater trouble with their speach?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.