Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    My computer is totally F*cked.
    Pourquoi??

G

ReputationRep:
    well i dunno....all i know is i'm the only one who has got in contact with them so far.....but I'm sure that wont be the case in a few days/weeks time, hence I wont be the favourite for much longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Pourquoi??

G
    Argh~~~~ Don't even ask.

ReputationRep:
    it cant be that screwed....you're still talking to us here!

When I consider my computer screwed, I cant even get online!

YAYAY new computer in a weeks time!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well i dunno....all i know is i'm the only one who has got in contact with them so far.....but I'm sure that wont be the case in a few days/weeks time, hence I wont be the favourite for much longer
    Well then..nows your chance!!! You can send the time now winning them over...so that by the time they hear from your sibling....they already love you best!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    YAY!! Same!!!!

Ordered last night...7-10 days delivery..if i'm lucky....end of next week

G

ReputationRep:
    Well then..nows your chance!!! You can send the time now winning them over...so that by the time they hear from your sibling....they already love you best!!

G
    yes, send them chocolate.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    it cant be that screwed....you're still talking to us here!

When I consider my computer screwed, I cant even get online!

This is as much as the computer can do, Will. Apart from talking here, it doesn't run anything else. WMP9? forget it. Firewalls? Forget it. Programming tools? Forget it. Now my 2.49GHz box is just about completely useless. It just did around of driver re-installation by itself after I had remove the semi installed SP2. Grrr

It is time to move onto a new hard drive and a new OS. So, anywhere I can get a good cheap 80GB hard drive?

ReputationRep:
    YAY!! Same!!!!

Ordered last night...7-10 days delivery..if i'm lucky....end of next week

G
    I hate you lot with a computer that actually works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Because most Deaf children don't have signing parents. with the mixture of heard language and BSL it could ruin their linguistic understanding.,

MB
    i don't agree with this - children are much better at learning new languages because the language part of the brain is developing at this point (which is why it is much harder to learn a nwe language as an adult.

I've heard of more and more cases where hearing parents with hearing children are teaching them to sign as babies (ie age 1 and younger) to sign because that way they can communicate their needs such as hunger/tiredness and parents can look after them better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    yes, send them chocolate.

MB
    Hmmm a possbility *packs chocolates for parents on arrival*

Actually I think I've won over my dad a bit. He's a non drinker (like me) and he plays electric guitar (LIKE ME!!!). He is also a compsci so is well into computers (LIKE ME!). Hence I must be his favourite

My mum plays piano and flute and sings, (Not like me, but talents I wish I had, hence she is COOL) and also doesnt like seafood (LIKE ME!!!). Hence I must be her favourite too

The chocolates will be the clincher methinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    This is as much as the computer can do, Will. Apart from talking here, it doesn't run anything else. WMP9? forget it. Firewalls? Forget it. Programming tools? Forget it. Now my 2.49GHz box is just about completely useless. It just did around of driver re-installation by itself after I had remove the semi installed SP2. Grrr

It is time to move onto a new hard drive and a new OS. So, anywhere I can get a good cheap 80GB hard drive?
    Buy a seagate....3 years warrenty. If you want a good hard disk, get a SATA one. I've just ordered the Seagate Barracuda 80Gb SATA hard disk from ebuyer...which was about 45 quid I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Buy a seagate....3 years warrenty. If you want a good hard disk, get a SATA one. I've just ordered the Seagate Barracuda 80Gb SATA hard disk from ebuyer...which was about 45 quid I think!
    Some SATA drives are not native to WinXp. So, it just might give you some more pains during the installation process. I'm going to stick with the normal ones.

The web link is?

ReputationRep:
    seagate is a tried and test hard disk...nobody complains about it...i very much recommend!!

just go to www.ebuyer.co.uk and search for Seagate Hard disk

ReputationRep:
    UDMA and ATA? which one is the 40-pin one? Can't be bothered to think. My internal hard drive might just as well crashed.

ReputationRep:
    i think ata is 40 pin....dont hold me to it

dont you want a standard IDE disk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i think ata is 40 pin....dont hold me to it

dont you want a standard IDE disk?
    Yep. And, I would like 8mb cashe... but, I can't seem to find any SeaGate ones. Western Digital any good?

ReputationRep:
    yea western digital are good as well

Seagate dont put "IDE" in the name, IDE = ATA100

take a look at http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=74129

mmm 12.5Mb Cache!!!!

ReputationRep:
    As much as i am thankful to my college parents for helping me out.....erm....chocolate is mine....ALL MINE!!!!!!!!

Although is its dark chocolate...they can have it..don't like dark chocolate at all

G

ReputationRep:
    is Dabs.com offline or something? Can't open their webpage. I'll take look at those Maxtor ones as well. I need a hard drive that can go for at least 3 years.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.