Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yea western digital are good as well

Seagate dont put "IDE" in the name, IDE = ATA100

take a look at http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=74129

mmm 12.5Mb Cache!!!!
    Will, it says 12.5ms (seeking time?) and 2MB Cashe.

ReputationRep:
    is This one any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    is This one any good?

oops I am a turnip!

Yes that one is good, however since it's maxtor you only get 1 year warrenty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    oops I am a turnip!

Yes that one is good, however since it's maxtor you only get 1 year warrenty!
    Ah well... Then shall I go with the 2mb cashe then?

ReputationRep:
    no no....one sec i'll find you a seagate!

ReputationRep:
    well it turns out seagate only give 1 year warrenty on their IDE drives anyway, so you can go for the western digital one!

ReputationRep:
    This one ?

ReputationRep:
    yea that'll do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yea that'll do!
    What's advantage of having Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    True. It's my college husband's 21st birthday in the middle of freshers' week and our son made the foolish mistake of not responding to our letters. I have a feeling he'll be making quite a few "calls" during freshers' week...
    you're going to seek revenge for him not replying? how cruel....i like the way you think

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    haven't been online for a while - internet wasn't working last night plus i still have 16 'hours' of 24 to watch!
    went to ikea today to get essential things for my room! luckily cos it's a weekday, its wasn't horrendously busy.
    i had to get an actual duvet and pillows :eek: , cos my college doesn't provide them (well i don't know if i'd want their old ones anyway ) as well as duvet/pillow cover. also got sheets (£1.90 each!),cushions, pots, cutlery, crockery, tea towels, some boxes for storage, desk lamp etc.
    my favourite thing tho is a string of little blue LED lights in the shape of dragonflies! they're so pretty!

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    hi!
    haven't been online for a while - internet wasn't working last night plus i still have 16 'hours' of 24 to watch!
    went to ikea today to get essential things for my room! luckily cos it's a weekday, its wasn't horrendously busy.
    i had to get an actual duvet and pillows :eek: , cos my college doesn't provide them (well i don't know if i'd want their old ones anyway ) as well as duvet/pillow cover. also got sheets (£1.90 each!),cushions, pots, cutlery, crockery, tea towels, some boxes for storage, desk lamp etc.
    my favourite thing tho is a string of little blue LED lights in the shape of dragonflies! they're so pretty!

ooh the LED lights sound very cool!

i went shopping too and I got a new top, and some random stationary in the partners clearance: a pen, some erasable highlighters, a pencil case thingy and lots of folders.

they sell all kinds of exciting new things now (well, not really exciting) like fluorescent and scented cartridges for pens! was quite tempted!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    What's advantage of having Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor?
    it's just a fancy thing they are trying to flog. It means the motor runs smoothly because it's floating on a bed of oil or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ooh the LED lights sound very cool!

i went shopping too and I got a new top, and some random stationary in the partners clearance: a pen, some erasable highlighters, a pencil case thingy and lots of folders.

they sell all kinds of exciting new things now (well, not really exciting) like fluorescent and scented cartridges for pens! was quite tempted!

rosie
    erasable highlighters? ooooh

i just bought millions of them, the slim stabilo ones, they're so useful!
    i got loads of plastic folder things a ringbinder a lever arch, LOTS of post-it notes (ones in the shapes of leaves/kisses!). and millions of pens (even though i'd prefer to use my fountain pen for neat work)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    erasable highlighters? ooooh

i just bought millions of them, the slim stabilo ones, they're so useful!
    i got loads of plastic folder things a ringbinder a lever arch, LOTS of post-it notes (ones in the shapes of leaves/kisses!). and millions of pens (even though i'd prefer to use my fountain pen for neat work)
    Oooh oooh I think we found some flower shaped post-it notes today :cool: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    you're going to seek revenge for him not replying? how cruel....i like the way you think
    I sent him 4 pages of letter, 5 photos and detailed descriptions of the people in the photos. I was excited, dammit! And now he must pay...

(If this doesn't encourage you to get all buddy-buddy with Jill and Chris I don't know what will! )

Blue dragonfly LEDs? They sound so cool!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    I sent him 4 pages of letter, 5 photos and detailed descriptions of the people in the photos. I was excited, dammit! And now he must pay...

(If this doesn't encourage you to get all buddy-buddy with Jill and Chris I don't know what will! )

hehe! well i only got one picture from chris, no pic from jill, however they both replied to my email/texts, so i'm not complaining. i wonder if my brother has replied to them?

does everyone generally go along with the whole parenting thing? or are some freshers a bit apathetic/narked about having 2 people "taking care" of them? i can see a couple of people i know (at different colleges) not wanting to contribute quite as much as, well, me, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)

hehe! well i only got one picture from chris, no pic from jill, however they both replied to my email/texts, so i'm not complaining. i wonder if my brother has replied to them?

does everyone generally go along with the whole parenting thing? or are some freshers a bit apathetic/narked about having 2 people "taking care" of them? i can see a couple of people i know (at different colleges) not wanting to contribute quite as much as, well, me, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Oooh oooh I think we found some flower shaped post-it notes today :cool: .
    it was between those and the leaf shaped ones...if i run out however (i;ve got stacks of normal shaped ones as well!) i'll know what to get!! woo!

i've got this amazing deep red furry throw, and red and sunset orange cushions....my room is gonna look so much like a high class brothel lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    it was between those and the leaf shaped ones...if i run out however (i;ve got stacks of normal shaped ones as well!) i'll know what to get!! woo!

i've got this amazing deep red furry throw, and red and sunset orange cushions....my room is gonna look so much like a high class brothel lol
    What would your rates be?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.