Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by gzftan)
    Erm..what's all this talk about nottingham....you're not going there...you're going to cambridge with the rest of us!!!!!

G
    I don't think so :O

ReputationRep:
    do you do coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    they aren't that bad actually.. well.. good to have a couple handy for when you are just too tired even to cook some pasta!

me and my friend Sam who is going to queens have said every week or so we will take it in turns to cook for each other..lol... except im a veggie and she is allergic to every known food..hehe

I had a brilliant plan that I could hire myself out (no, no, not like that!!) to incredibly rich boys who have never had to look after themselves.. to do stuff like tidy their room before their mum and dad come to visit.take their clothes to the laundrette... cook, erm, biscuits? lol..

any takers? (I make wonderful brownies!)
    that is one BRILL idea!! i mean, you're going to the laundrette anyway, whats another bag of washing?

ReputationRep:
    i dont need washing doing...at emma they do the washing for you......ahh what a life!

(Original post by Fluffstar)
    on the subject of money - has anyone heard back from the SLC if they applied for means-tested loan? im starting to get a bit worried...want to know if i qualify for a grant! woo! free money!! (which she plans to spend on frozen dinners from nettos to flog at 100% profit to other hungry freshers )
    I heard from them..I sent my form off ages & ages ago though. April, I think?

They managed to get my loan wrong on my financial declaration though. I rang them up and they said they would send me new ones, but still haven't. (So everyone, don't be convinced you are getting loads of money! especially if you have notts LEA...)

do they have a netto in Cambrdige? or a lidl? or will we have to import cut-price items from our home towns...?

was pleased to see cam has a new asda. You can't go wrong with the helpful red fox. Sainsburys - Pah!

ReputationRep:
    on the subject of money - has anyone heard back from the SLC if they applied for means-tested loan? im starting to get a bit worried...want to know if i qualify for a grant! woo! free money!! (which she plans to spend on frozen dinners from nettos to flog at 100% profit to other hungry freshers )
    Lol..no sorry...i didn't go for means tested..no point for me..both my parents work...so combined they earn too much.

Going back to the cambridge triplets...i read somewhere that their dad earns something like 13k a year...which is well below average....therefore..does that mean they're all going to cambridge..and their dad doesn't have to pay anything???

G

that is one BRILL idea!! i mean, you're going to the laundrette anyway, whats another bag of washing?
    you may need to invest in clothespegs for your nose though like if they play rugby and get all minging. or what if all the mud clogs up the laundrette and they make you pay to fix the machines!!

Maybe I shoudl learn how to do like manicures and stuff really well and then i could hire myself out to girls as well!

You know it's a plan..

My other plan is to exist solely on free samples of fudge from the fudge shop, adopting various disguises to avoid detection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

They managed to get my loan wrong on my financial declaration though. I rang them up and they said they would send me new ones, but still haven't. (So everyone, don't be convinced you are getting loads of money! especially if you have notts LEA...)
    You've already had your declaration thingy back??? I haven't heard from them for ages..last i heard was they were 'processing' my application...and i got given an ART ID thing.

Do you all need to send off something as well to the college....financial assessment ring any bells???

And...stop with the pessimism....you'll be fine!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

do they have a netto in Cambrdige? or a lidl? or will we have to import cut-price items from our home towns...?

was pleased to see cam has a new asda. You can't go wrong with the helpful red fox. Sainsburys - Pah!
    woo! its got an ASDA! i was a bit scared, sainsbury's is a bit too upmarket for me!
    I sent mine off a while back, bout 2 weeks, and have heard nothin since i want to know if i need to work more this hol or not!! so annoying!

tee hee! smartprice beans. i love the packaging : BEANS - 9p. PASTA - 24p BROWN STUFF - 60p. RAT MEAT - 99p (kidding, kidding )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    you may need to invest in clothespegs for your nose though like if they play rugby and get all minging. or what if all the mud clogs up the laundrette and they make you pay to fix the machines!!

Maybe I shoudl learn how to do like manicures and stuff really well and then i could hire myself out to girls as well!

You know it's a plan..

My other plan is to exist solely on free samples of fudge from the fudge shop, adopting various disguises to avoid detection!
    Hehe..the hallowed fudge shop....that's brilliant idea....i might join you

G

ReputationRep:
    odd you havent got anything back. I applied for non-means tested, and according to them my application is finished, and they're ready to gees me moneh in september! And that was a month ago!

ReputationRep:
    Do you go bright red?? I don't...but most chinese people do..lol...and they giggle loads too
    There's a genetic reason for that. Most Chinese apparently don't have enough of the enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase or something like that, so they're hit by the symptoms harder. I remember talking to my GCSE Biology teacher about it (he's Welsh, and a fiiine drinker). I can't say three bottles was enough to get me more than tipsy, but it had a low alcohol content anyway I think.

Are you lactose intolerant by the way? I thought a lot of Asians were, but being brought up on a crappy diet of school lunches, I seem to have adapted somehow.

ReputationRep:
    tee hee! smartprice beans. i love the packaging : BEANS - 9p. PASTA - 24p BROWN STUFF - 60p. RAT MEAT - 99p (kidding, kidding )
    Oh!! Don't joke about that..i saw a program on telly..Danger Incoming Attack...where the presenter skinned a rat, smoked it...then ate it....*retches*....this was to survive a nuclear holocaust btw

G

You've already had your declaration thingy back??? I haven't heard from them for ages..last i heard was they were 'processing' my application...and i got given an ART ID thing.

Do you all need to send off something as well to the college....financial assessment ring any bells???

And...stop with the pessimism....you'll be fine!!!

G
    Yeah, all done (except I am waiting for my new, correct one!)

Just checked and atuclly I didn't post my form until 21st May. so mine has been done quite fast? I seem to remember that notts has one of the lowest rates of going to uni in the country.....maybe thats why..lol...they don't have much business!

Yeah, the one to send to the college is the financial declaration thingy. You should get 3 copies (one for you, one for your parents, one for your college) eventually - you'll know what it is when you get it.

I got a Loan Request Confirmation or something first tho.

I had mine all ready to post and now I can't because the blimmin thing is wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    odd you havent got anything back. I applied for non-means tested, and according to them my application is finished, and they're ready to gees me moneh in september! And that was a month ago!
    Hmmmm..i might actually see if i can track my application online then....cheers

G

ReputationRep:
    mmm me thinks we should set up a UKL chat room...would be much easier than these long winded threads!

woo! its got an ASDA! i was a bit scared, sainsbury's is a bit too upmarket for me!
    I sent mine off a while back, bout 2 weeks, and have heard nothin since i want to know if i need to work more this hol or not!! so annoying!

it's fantastic. so many possibilities... you can make whole, delicious meals using only the smart price range. for example the mouth watering THREE CAN SURPRISE. and they do cooking stuff (pans etc) as well. im not sure how good they are tho. i bought my boyfriend some for uni.

our pound shop sometimes has frying pans etc bt they do look like they are made of tinfoil..hehe

i found a good student cooking website the other day. www.beyondbakedbeans.com has some really yummy sounding recipes. AND the lovely author is sending me a free copy of her veggy cookbook when it comes out cos, well, I'm just special.

my other means of survival will be the internet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Yeah, all done (except I am waiting for my new, correct one!)

Just checked and atuclly I didn't post my form until 21st May. so mine has been done quite fast? I seem to remember that notts has one of the lowest rates of going to uni in the country.....maybe thats why..lol...they don't have much business!

Yeah, the one to send to the college is the financial declaration thingy. You should get 3 copies (one for you, one for your parents, one for your college) eventually - you'll know what it is when you get it.

I got a Loan Request Confirmation or something first tho.

I had mine all ready to post and now I can't because the blimmin thing is wrong!
    Ok cool...thanks for the info...maybe its jsut my borough is really really slow :mad:

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    mmm me thinks we should set up a UKL chat room...would be much easier than these long winded threads!
    I think there is one actually...but i don't think anyone uses it
    lol

G

ReputationRep:
    well irc would be easiest, but not everyone has that, cos it doesnt necessarily run through your browser....one sec, i'll see if i can set one up

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.