Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    wooooo gooo indie!!!!!!
    One of the many reasons for my love of archaeology!

ReputationRep:
    harrison ford is undeniabley cool.....if there was any guarentee I would be like him from studying archaeology, well I'd be in those lectures like a shot!

Although I do have a hat like his

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Vicki....which the the biggest coffee place/cafe in cambridge? I just need this to be the venue of the first very sociable meet, so where do you suggest (would only be for an hour)
    Downstairs in Starbucks is good, if you can cope with selling your soul to Satan in return for being a customer there

ReputationRep:
    no no no....no starbucks...i've never bought anything from them EVER...i aint about to start!

Isnt the caffe Nero big?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Vicki....which the the biggest coffee place/cafe in cambridge? I just need this to be the venue of the first very sociable meet, so where do you suggest (would only be for an hour)
    The biggest one is probably Starbucks (grrr), but there's also a Caffe Nero which is a bit smaller. The Starbucks in Borders might be a better as it's less likely to be full of tourists. We could always go for hot chocolate rather than coffee... This responsibility is not worthy of me - what does anyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    well since i'm not touching starbucks, caffe nero it is...what's the name of the street it's on again?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, can't remember. It's just off the market place though, on the way to Sidney Street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    harrison ford is undeniabley cool.....if there was any guarentee I would be like him from studying archaeology, well I'd be in those lectures like a shot!

Although I do have a hat like his
    Harrison Ford = (I'm yet to meet a girl who disagrees on that one! when he was younger that is, as Han Solo or Indiana Jones!)
    I also have a hat like his, it's not real though, it's a foam Fosters advertising one (perks of bar work!), my monkey wears it and it's most definitely coming to Cambridge with me!
    I'm still saving for the DVD box set, now the Star Wars trilogy is coming out I don't know which to buy first!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    Ooh, can't remember. It's just off the market place though, on the way to Sidney Street.
    found it...apparently it' called "market street".....how original!!!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether this makes any difference but would like to applaud Christ's JCR and google for being so helpful!

Christ's JCR's Favourite Places to go for Coffee:

• Clown's (King Street)- coffee and Italian food

Waterstone's (Sidney Street)- read a book while you enjoy a coffee

CB2 (Norfolk Street)-good café also does real food

Savino’s (Emmanuel Street)- a bit smoky but nice coffee and a variety of flavoured Italian syrups

Caffe' Nero (Market St.) for Italian coffee & cakes

Café Indigo (St Edwards Passage)- at times closes early but nice when it’s open

B Bar (behind Borders) - Bar by night, good coffee by day

Bar Ha Ha (Trinity Street)-recommend their sundae and brownies

(Original post by Ticki)
    We could always go for hot chocolate rather than coffee...
    Am I being stupid or do virtually all places that sell hot chocolate also sell coffee.. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    no no no....no starbucks...i've never bought anything from them EVER...i aint about to start!

Isnt the caffe Nero big?
    I don't know, I've never been in it

ReputationRep:
    Coffee is always good as long as you don't put milk or sugar in it.

MB

(Original post by musicboy)

MB

well i have milk in mine, but i do drink super-strong crappy instant coffee. so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB
    I have the most pathetic amount of sugar in my coffee, less than half a tea spoon, not for the sweetness though; to get rid of the yucky bitter after-taste most instant coffee leaves! Proper coffee is ruined by milk and sugar though. I achieved a long term goal recently, getting my work to stock FT coffee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Am I being stupid or do virtually all places that sell hot chocolate also sell coffee.. ?
    Yeah you're right, I meant that we could avoid Starbucks coffee and order hot chocolate instead. Hot chocolate being less exploitive, I would imagine.

(Original post by Ticki)
    Yeah you're right, I meant that we could avoid Starbucks coffee and order hot chocolate instead. Hot chocolate being less exploitive, I would imagine.
    could be, i don't imagine they use fair-trade cocoa beans in making their hot choccy though, and concerns about the business as a whole are the same.

anyway, i dont mind going to starbucks if its most convenient

one consideration, at our local star bucks at least, the tables etc are arranged in small groups and it wouldnt be very easy for everyone to sit together (as i recall the tables are bolted to the floor, notts people will steal anything )

If there are going to be absolutely loads of us, it might be a better idea to reserve tables somewhere like pizza hut or other local eatery. doesnt have to be expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    I have the most pathetic amount of sugar in my coffee, less than half a tea spoon, not for the sweetness though; to get rid of the yucky bitter after-taste most instant coffee leaves! Proper coffee is ruined by milk and sugar though. I achieved a long term goal recently, getting my work to stock FT coffee!
    hehe. i'm completely the opposite. milky coffee is my type of drink. just enough so the taste of the coffee is still there, but without the bitterness

and waterstone's cafe is a costa coffee.....they do the most amazing hot chocolates, called ciocolatta's....ots of whipped cream and marshmallows in the drink

ReputationRep:
    mmmm....
    costa's hot chocolate
    i'm not a fan of coffee, i'd rather drink tea, but i love the smell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    mmmm....
    costa's hot chocolate
    i'm not a fan of coffee, i'd rather drink tea, but i love the smell!
    the smell is the best...which is why i get mine milky hehe, keep the smell but lose the taste. tea also rocks of course,but i need that strong..with milk, but strong. something like assam or darjeeling for me

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.