Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fluffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Oh, and I think Cambridge get our results like a week before we do, so I was wondering if they'd send us stuff before the results actually come out."

I know!! i cant believe that! maybe they wait to hear the different manners in which ppl who have just missed their offer plead and grovel for their places
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Squishy)
Oh, and I think Cambridge get our results like a week before we do, so I was wondering if they'd send us stuff before the results actually come out.
Sadly, it doesn't work like that! It makes you feel like a puppet with everyone else pulling your strings!
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you going there?
No, but I'm going to try to .
What made you go for Binson?

And Duck, isn't it going to be fun to not have to worry for an extra week like this lot?
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
I've found other Cambridge people on www.medschoolguide.co.uk and on www.newstudent.org (both of which have Cambridge forums (or should that be fora/forumes, my spelling is abysmal!)...

Visit some of them!
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*sigh* All the teachers seem to know my results before I do too, which is the most annoying thing. They smile at me smugly as I walk to the room where all the envelopes are handed out. *******s.

(Original post by Acaila)
No, but I'm going to try to .
What made you go for Binson?
There's no way I was going to one of the tradition-stuffed colleges overloaded with tourists, so I looked for colleges on the west side of the city, not too far from the centre, but quieter and closer to the science buildings in West Cambridge...my top choices were Robinson, Queens', Selwyn and Newnham, but a birth defect scrapped my chances at Newnham, so I chose Robinson in the end because the people there were really friendly (plus great supervisor for my subject). And the accommodation is really good. Being the baby Cambridge college does have its advantages.

What subject are you going for?

I registered at newstudent.org (same username as here), but I couldn't find much to say.
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but a birth defect scrapped my chances at Newnham
lol
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
But Girton has a swimming pool in the living accomodation free to use and open till 8 in the evening!
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Nans)
Hey ppl,
i've got into churchill to read chemical engineering via natsci (grades permitting!!!!!)
Well done and welcome to the club!

I'm sure you'll be fine!!!!

G
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
but a birth defect scrapped my chances at Newnham
Lol..i wouldn't call it a defect...more like...a genetic advantage

Just joking!! I'm really not a chauvanistic pig!!!

G
figgetyfig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Late, I know, but i'm (hopefully) off to St Catharines to study Engineering this October
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by polthegael)
I've found other Cambridge people on www.medschoolguide.co.uk and on www.newstudent.org (both of which have Cambridge forums (or should that be fora/forumes, my spelling is abysmal!)...

Visit some of them!
Oooh, are there any first year medics already there?
Guido
Report 16 years ago
Hey everyone!! I'm going to Christ's to read NatSci...I'll be doing physical subjects, physics, cehmistry and materials sciences...

See you all there, hopefully!!
KHL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my college brother does physnatsci, incl. geology. says it's quite fun, lots of colouring stuff, and a 4 hour practical staring at rock slices at the end of it all to finish off your tripos. together with a 3 hour 5 essay paper apparently. you'll know the implications of that when you get here. hand cramps anyone

dunno much about materials. have a friend doing it, but he doesn't moan much about it. he prefers moaning about physics, so... :confused:

i believe there are quite a few prospective first year medics on medschoolguide, but i couldn't be bothered to register... quite a few from caius and christ's, from the last time i popped in. why am i not surprised? :rolleyes:
KHL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But Girton has a swimming pool in the living accomodation free to use and open till 8 in the evening!
i believe squishy was looking for a college in west cambridge, not in west cambridgeshire... :eek:

(just kidding...)
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
Bad, isn't it..?!

Yes, Helenia, there are... At least one from Lucy Cav. I've been chatting to (Petra her name is..)
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KHL)
my college brother does physnatsci, incl. geology. says it's quite fun, lots of colouring stuff, and a 4 hour practical staring at rock slices at the end of it all to finish off your tripos. together with a 3 hour 5 essay paper apparently. you'll know the implications of that when you get here. hand cramps anyone

dunno much about materials. have a friend doing it, but he doesn't moan much about it. he prefers moaning about physics, so... :confused:
well you just shot me down in flames... missing the grades starting to not look so bad... <grin>
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
How do you all plan to get to Cambridge, etc?
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How do you all plan to get to Cambridge, etc?
In a car. I was planning to be all harry potter-esque and go on the train with a large trunk, but then i realised that i have waaaay to much crap to fit in a single trunk.
My dad's been real nice and is coming home from abroad for a bit to take me up there, so i really dont mind being a loser and having my parents take me up! Why, how are u planning to get there?
It said on the blurb i got from Newnham that they like the freshers to come into residence the friday before term starts...
Poc ar buile
Report 16 years ago
I don't know when Girtonians are supposed to go up...

Did you get a train last time? I went past platform 9.75 at King's Cross to get to platform 12 or whatever it was to get up to Cambridge
ainsworth
Report 16 years ago
gonna be doing engineering at Girton in oct grades permitting. i think physics went ok so fairly sure i'll make it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads