Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Oh, and I think Cambridge get our results like a week before we do, so I was wondering if they'd send us stuff before the results actually come out."

I know!! i cant believe that! maybe they wait to hear the different manners in which ppl who have just missed their offer plead and grovel for their places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Oh, and I think Cambridge get our results like a week before we do, so I was wondering if they'd send us stuff before the results actually come out.
    Sadly, it doesn't work like that! It makes you feel like a puppet with everyone else pulling your strings!

ReputationRep:
    Are you going there?
    No, but I'm going to try to .
    What made you go for Binson?

And Duck, isn't it going to be fun to not have to worry for an extra week like this lot?

ReputationRep:
    I've found other Cambridge people on www.medschoolguide.co.uk and on www.newstudent.org (both of which have Cambridge forums (or should that be fora/forumes, my spelling is abysmal!)...

Visit some of them!

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* All the teachers seem to know my results before I do too, which is the most annoying thing. They smile at me smugly as I walk to the room where all the envelopes are handed out. *******s.

(Original post by Acaila)
    No, but I'm going to try to .
    What made you go for Binson?
    There's no way I was going to one of the tradition-stuffed colleges overloaded with tourists, so I looked for colleges on the west side of the city, not too far from the centre, but quieter and closer to the science buildings in West Cambridge...my top choices were Robinson, Queens', Selwyn and Newnham, but a birth defect scrapped my chances at Newnham, so I chose Robinson in the end because the people there were really friendly (plus great supervisor for my subject). And the accommodation is really good. Being the baby Cambridge college does have its advantages.

What subject are you going for?

I registered at newstudent.org (same username as here), but I couldn't find much to say.

ReputationRep:
    but a birth defect scrapped my chances at Newnham
    lol

ReputationRep:
    But Girton has a swimming pool in the living accomodation free to use and open till 8 in the evening!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nans)
    Hey ppl,
    i've got into churchill to read chemical engineering via natsci (grades permitting!!!!!)
    Well done and welcome to the club!

I'm sure you'll be fine!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    but a birth defect scrapped my chances at Newnham
    Lol..i wouldn't call it a defect...more like...a genetic advantage

Just joking!! I'm really not a chauvanistic pig!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Late, I know, but i'm (hopefully) off to St Catharines to study Engineering this October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I've found other Cambridge people on www.medschoolguide.co.uk and on www.newstudent.org (both of which have Cambridge forums (or should that be fora/forumes, my spelling is abysmal!)...

Visit some of them!
    Oooh, are there any first year medics already there?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!! I'm going to Christ's to read NatSci...I'll be doing physical subjects, physics, cehmistry and materials sciences...

See you all there, hopefully!!

ReputationRep:
    my college brother does physnatsci, incl. geology. says it's quite fun, lots of colouring stuff, and a 4 hour practical staring at rock slices at the end of it all to finish off your tripos. together with a 3 hour 5 essay paper apparently. you'll know the implications of that when you get here. hand cramps anyone

dunno much about materials. have a friend doing it, but he doesn't moan much about it. he prefers moaning about physics, so... :confused:

i believe there are quite a few prospective first year medics on medschoolguide, but i couldn't be bothered to register... quite a few from caius and christ's, from the last time i popped in. why am i not surprised? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But Girton has a swimming pool in the living accomodation free to use and open till 8 in the evening!
    i believe squishy was looking for a college in west cambridge, not in west cambridgeshire... :eek:

(just kidding...)

ReputationRep:
    Bad, isn't it..?!

Yes, Helenia, there are... At least one from Lucy Cav. I've been chatting to (Petra her name is..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    my college brother does physnatsci, incl. geology. says it's quite fun, lots of colouring stuff, and a 4 hour practical staring at rock slices at the end of it all to finish off your tripos. together with a 3 hour 5 essay paper apparently. you'll know the implications of that when you get here. hand cramps anyone

dunno much about materials. have a friend doing it, but he doesn't moan much about it. he prefers moaning about physics, so... :confused:
    well you just shot me down in flames... missing the grades starting to not look so bad... <grin>

ReputationRep:
    How do you all plan to get to Cambridge, etc?

ReputationRep:
    How do you all plan to get to Cambridge, etc?
    In a car. I was planning to be all harry potter-esque and go on the train with a large trunk, but then i realised that i have waaaay to much crap to fit in a single trunk.
    My dad's been real nice and is coming home from abroad for a bit to take me up there, so i really dont mind being a loser and having my parents take me up! Why, how are u planning to get there?
    It said on the blurb i got from Newnham that they like the freshers to come into residence the friday before term starts...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know when Girtonians are supposed to go up...

Did you get a train last time? I went past platform 9.75 at King's Cross to get to platform 12 or whatever it was to get up to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    gonna be doing engineering at Girton in oct grades permitting. i think physics went ok so fairly sure i'll make it

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.