Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Quality AND Quantity
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well to beat the football thread before start of term will be good enough I reckon. It would have been nice to beat that damn harry potter thread, but being realistic, when we all get to cam I doubt we will post no where near as much!
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
well to beat the football thread before start of term will be good enough I reckon. It would have been nice to beat that damn harry potter thread, but being realistic, when we all get to cam I doubt we will post no where near as much!
thasts true. hopefully we'll beat the harry potter thread by christmas (hopes) we'll get a headstart on it anyway seeing as we all come back earlier
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
provided they dont lock it while we're away that is!
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
provided they dont lock it while we're away that is!
grr. must keep posting in here when i can then. hmm

so..2 weeks to go....hows everyone feeling? (tries desparately to steer conversation back onto something decent so thread won't be locked)
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My guidance teacher's just basically told me he can't help me with my personal statement because he knows nothing about politics or Cambridge.
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
errr well i'm kind of worried now, because i want everything to go to plan but i bet it wont.

Oh I'm also in a bad mood cos I need a haircut and I hate haircuts, and will probably mean my hair in the first week looks horribly unlike what I would like to look like...and with all the pictures that will be taken of us it will just be a horrid memory!
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
My guidance teacher's just basically told me he can't help me with my personal statement because he knows nothing about politics or Cambridge.
what?! is there no other teacher you can ask for help? ask your history/politics teacher perhaps?
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
errr well i'm kind of worried now, because i want everything to go to plan but i bet it wont.

Oh I'm also in a bad mood cos I need a haircut and I hate haircuts, and will probably mean my hair in the first week looks horribly unlike what I would like to look like...and with all the pictures that will be taken of us it will just be a horrid memory!
i need to get my hair cut as well...not going to get it done till a couple of days before we go down i don't think....but i'm scared as well...last time i had it done (before prom!) she put this piddly bit of fringe type rubbish in, it looked awful. luckily a can of hairspray saved me that night
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i like to leave a good few weeks space because it gives me time to fiddle about with it, and also get used to it i suppose!
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
what?! is there no other teacher you can ask for help? ask your history/politics teacher perhaps?
Haven't studied history since second year. I do modern studies in my own time and see a teacher a couple of minutes a week.

My mum's going to give it to a friend of hers who is a guidance teacher (and probably a bit more in the know than mine), but even so she has no experience of a Cambridge candidate. You just don't get them up here .
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yay I got back in (almost forgot my password)...

...The Student Room...URGH I preferred sortal
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Haven't studied history since second year. I do modern studies in my own time and see a teacher a couple of minutes a week.

My mum's going to give it to a friend of hers who is a guidance teacher (and probably a bit more in the know than mine), but even so she has no experience of a Cambridge candidate. You just don't get them up here .
Wohoo, someone is out there! There's a bit of a ghost town feeling about this place right now.
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1000 bottles of beer on the wall,
1000 bottles of beer,
you take one down, and pass it around...

999 bottles of beer on the wall
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
eyyyyy at least the links at the top are fixed...no more buggy links to z39.html!!
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
1000 bottles of beer on the wall,
1000 bottles of beer,

999 bottles of beer on the wall

999 bottles of beer on the wall,
999 bottles of beer,

998 bottles of beer on the wall
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
998 bottles of beer on the wall,
998 bottles of beer,

997 bottles of beer on the wall
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*singing drunkenly*
Bonny Charlie's now awae,
saaaafely o'er the friendly main,
maaany a heart would break in twae
shooould eeee nooo come baaack again...
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
998 bottles of beer on the wall,
998 bottles of beer,

997 bottles of beer on the wall
997 bottles of beer on the wall,
997 bottles of beer,

996 bottles of beer on the wall

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Poc ar buile
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I can sing about him too..

“A Shéarlais Óig, a mhic rí Sheamuis…”
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (98)
53.85%
Yes, but I want to swap them (14)
7.69%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
9.89%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (45)
24.73%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
3.85%

Watched Threads