The Student Room Group
Reply 6000
Quality AND Quantity :wink:
Reply 6001
well to beat the football thread before start of term will be good enough I reckon. It would have been nice to beat that damn harry potter thread, but being realistic, when we all get to cam I doubt we will post no where near as much!
Reply 6002
Willa
well to beat the football thread before start of term will be good enough I reckon. It would have been nice to beat that damn harry potter thread, but being realistic, when we all get to cam I doubt we will post no where near as much!

thasts true. hopefully we'll beat the harry potter thread by christmas (hopes) we'll get a headstart on it anyway seeing as we all come back earlier
Reply 6003
provided they dont lock it while we're away that is!
Reply 6004
Willa
provided they dont lock it while we're away that is!

grr. must keep posting in here when i can then. hmm

so..2 weeks to go....hows everyone feeling? (tries desparately to steer conversation back onto something decent so thread won't be locked)
Reply 6005
My guidance teacher's just basically told me he can't help me with my personal statement because he knows nothing about politics or Cambridge. :frown:
Reply 6006
errr well i'm kind of worried now, because i want everything to go to plan but i bet it wont.

Oh I'm also in a bad mood cos I need a haircut and I hate haircuts, and will probably mean my hair in the first week looks horribly unlike what I would like to look like...and with all the pictures that will be taken of us it will just be a horrid memory!
Reply 6007
Acaila
My guidance teacher's just basically told me he can't help me with my personal statement because he knows nothing about politics or Cambridge. :frown:

what?! is there no other teacher you can ask for help? ask your history/politics teacher perhaps?
Reply 6008
Willa
errr well i'm kind of worried now, because i want everything to go to plan but i bet it wont.

Oh I'm also in a bad mood cos I need a haircut and I hate haircuts, and will probably mean my hair in the first week looks horribly unlike what I would like to look like...and with all the pictures that will be taken of us it will just be a horrid memory!

i need to get my hair cut as well...not going to get it done till a couple of days before we go down i don't think....but i'm scared as well...last time i had it done (before prom!) she put this piddly bit of fringe type rubbish in, it looked awful. luckily a can of hairspray saved me that night
Reply 6009
i like to leave a good few weeks space because it gives me time to fiddle about with it, and also get used to it i suppose!
Reply 6010
priya
what?! is there no other teacher you can ask for help? ask your history/politics teacher perhaps?

Haven't studied history since second year. I do modern studies in my own time and see a teacher a couple of minutes a week. :frown:

My mum's going to give it to a friend of hers who is a guidance teacher (and probably a bit more in the know than mine), but even so she has no experience of a Cambridge candidate. You just don't get them up here :frown:.
Reply 6011
yay I got back in (almost forgot my password)...

...The Student Room...URGH I preferred sortal
Acaila
Haven't studied history since second year. I do modern studies in my own time and see a teacher a couple of minutes a week. :frown:

My mum's going to give it to a friend of hers who is a guidance teacher (and probably a bit more in the know than mine), but even so she has no experience of a Cambridge candidate. You just don't get them up here :frown:.

Wohoo, someone is out there! There's a bit of a ghost town feeling about this place right now.
1000 bottles of beer on the wall,
1000 bottles of beer,
you take one down, and pass it around...

999 bottles of beer on the wall
Reply 6014
eyyyyy at least the links at the top are fixed...no more buggy links to z39.html!!
oldthrashbarg
1000 bottles of beer on the wall,
1000 bottles of beer,

999 bottles of beer on the wall

999 bottles of beer on the wall,
999 bottles of beer,

998 bottles of beer on the wall
998 bottles of beer on the wall,
998 bottles of beer,

997 bottles of beer on the wall
*singing drunkenly*
Bonny Charlie's now awae,
saaaafely o'er the friendly main,
maaany a heart would break in twae
shooould eeee nooo come baaack again...
Reply 6018
oldthrashbarg
998 bottles of beer on the wall,
998 bottles of beer,

997 bottles of beer on the wall

997 bottles of beer on the wall,
997 bottles of beer,

996 bottles of beer on the wall

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I can sing about him too..

“A Shéarlais Óig, a mhic Sheamuis…”

Latest

Trending

Trending