Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well once again i'm back in the UK, and this time i'm here for a while. Once again the thread has moved on a pace while i've been away another 20 pages or so i think. What's been going on this time, anything important or interesting? The server is always busy becauses the new server is havin problems, it's in the announcement.

ReputationRep:
    errr nothing much has happened. Geoff has decided to leave us (although we suspect he'll be back ). Errrr, then people are panicking about all the stuff we have to buy, we've had an interesting conversation about the size of male genitals, and also Jacob claims to be a Commie. That's about it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no has Geoff left us? I didn't know that

uk-l is getting really annoying with these "server busy" signs :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Could there just be loads of traffic because of people going to uni and all logging on to say 'hey, I'm at uni'? hopefully it should mean that there's less trafic (therefore better performance) later on. It isn't just server probs (I reckon) 'cause I couldn't get on at all this afternoon, for about 10 mins it was all busy.

Also, I know we've moved on, but I count myself as a celt! Irish, Welsh, Cornish and Manx heritage, I reckon I'm more 'British' than the leader of the BNP (please note the ' marks around British)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor_Deity)
    Could there just be loads of traffic because of people going to uni and all logging on to say 'hey, I'm at uni'? hopefully it should mean that there's less trafic (therefore better performance) later on. It isn't just server probs (I reckon) 'cause I couldn't get on at all this afternoon, for about 10 mins it was all busy.

Also, I know we've moved on, but I count myself as a celt! Irish, Welsh, Cornish and Manx heritage, I reckon I'm more 'British' than the leader of the BNP (please note the ' marks around British)
    Are you coming down to meet Rosie at Woodhouse tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ooh good for you!! i can't wait to go shopping again next week...i'm gonna buy loooooooads of shoes!! and a coat, and some tops/jumper things. ooh so excited!!
    hmm i might invest in a suit at some point...don't really see the need at the moment however. i guess it'd be good for any formal intervews i might need to have later on in the year (can't think what sort of interviews, but hey)
    As a woman you're unlikely to need a suit until you come to job interviews... and that's a way off Smart tops/skirts/trousers will do for pretty much everything (aside from the balls). Unless of course you want to wear a suit for matriculation. Nowt stopping you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm all alone again. Currently thinking about what to do next. I can either finish watching Thirteen, which I started watching yesterday; Or finish watching Lost in Translation, which I started watching yesterday; Or finish watching Pulp Fiction, which I started the day before yesterday; Or I can read the book I bought; Or I can do some work on pemcake.blogspot.com.

Sidenote: If I bring all my movie (note movie not DVD, although they are on DVDs) collections to Cambridge, will I be popular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I'm all alone again. Currently thinking about what to do next. I can either finish watching Thirteen, which I started watching yesterday; Or finish watching Lost in Translation, which I started watching yesterday; Or finish watching Pulp Fiction, which I started the day before yesterday; Or I can read the book I bought; Or I can do some work on pemcake.blogspot.com.

Sidenote: If I bring all my movie (note movie not DVD, although they are on DVDs) collections to Cambridge, will I be popular?
    quite possibly, you can organise movie nights and stuff....charge people very low rates for renting movies etc

i'd go with finishing lost in translation, then reading a book. if you get bored thne finish pulp fiction as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    quite possibly, you can organise movie nights and stuff....charge people very low rates for renting movies etc

i'd go with finishing lost in translation, then reading a book. if you get bored thne finish pulp fiction as well
    Em... Good idea, you can be a businessman (or woman, which ever you prefer). I can't organise movie night without my computer though. By the look of things, my computer is not coming with me. So, if you take your computer Cambridge, we can organise it together. Well, only if you are willing.

ReputationRep:

only if you give me a copy of all of them for my computer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    *Look dead didn't I? Well, I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of trying, I can tell you that. Actullay, Bill's (Will) last bullet put me in a coma - a coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as "a roaring rampage of revenge." I roared, and I rampaged, and I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I've only one more. The last one. The one I'm driving to right now. The only one left. And when I arrive at my destination (Cambridge), I am gonna kill Bill (Will).*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ditto
    Prayer not granted.

ReputationRep:
    that's nowhere near original, me and my friends already did a spoof called "kill will"...we didnt get round to filming it, but the idea was there non-the-less. The sequel was called "bomb thom" (sorry rosie but we do have a thom in my social group as well )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    that's nowhere near original, me and my friends already did a spoof called "kill will"...we didnt get round to filming it, but the idea was there non-the-less. The sequel was called "bomb thom" (sorry rosie but we do have a thom in my social group as well )
    Well, it's going to be original if I decide to carry it out and call my action Kill Wills.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a cold blooded killer. *Camford is preparing for his night run. Five Wills on the list, with all the information, security codes and access swipe cards he'll ever need at hand, there's nothing in the whole world can stop this man.*

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a cold blooded killer. *Camford is preparing for his night run. Five Wills on the list, with all the information, security codes and access swipe cards he'll ever need at hand, there's nothing in the whole world can stop this man.*
    There seems to be a lot of murdering going on. Can I hire you?

ReputationRep:
    aargh *look of fright in eyes* i dont post for a day and i come back to find you've turned into a load of bloodthirsty killers!

(Original post by MadNatSci)
    As a woman you're unlikely to need a suit until you come to job interviews... and that's a way off Smart tops/skirts/trousers will do for pretty much everything (aside from the balls). Unless of course you want to wear a suit for matriculation. Nowt stopping you!
    on the subject of balls- should i be trying to find a nice 'ball dress'? have been kind of looking, but haven't had much luck! the only nice ones are in Monsoon and they are ridiculously expensive! what do you reccomend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    aargh *look of fright in eyes* i dont post for a day and i come back to find you've turned into a load of bloodthirsty killers!

on the subject of balls- should i be trying to find a nice 'ball dress'? have been kind of looking, but haven't had much luck! the only nice ones are in Monsoon and they are ridiculously expensive! what do you reccomend?
    tk maxx tk maxx tk maxx. they're more interesting than the monsoon ones as well

or debenhams, but you won't get anything there for less than £80(although they're never as expensive as monsoon)

(Original post by priya)
    tk maxx tk maxx tk maxx. they're more interesting than the monsoon ones as well

or debenhams, but you won't get anything there for less than £80(although they're never as expensive as monsoon)
    I got my ballgown from TK maxx, they have a good choice and they are pretty cheap as balgowns go, mine was £30.

just be prepared for the sizes to be REALLY weird, they seem to translate them wrongly from the US sizes in some cases - mine said UK Size 4 - when it blatently isn't :rolleyes: I tried on a "10" and it was like a marquee!

I found this great shop in mansfield that sells ex-catalgoue clothes for like most of the things are £1/£2 each :eek: even designer ones.. I wanted a coat.. andthey had some nice ones but none in my size of the ones I liked *cries*

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.