Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    There seems to be a lot of murdering going on. Can I hire you?
    I'm for hire too now, the trip to Italy wasn't just for a holiday you know and some of the shops out there sell big knives and swords so the last "job" was a breeze.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    tk maxx tk maxx tk maxx. they're more interesting than the monsoon ones as well

or debenhams, but you won't get anything there for less than £80(although they're never as expensive as monsoon)
    TK Maxx RULES for dresses. I have two from there, at a total cost of £70, which is still less than one dress in debenhams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    TK Maxx RULES for dresses. I have two from there, at a total cost of £70, which is still less than one dress in debenhams!
    i found a gorgeous one in there, bright red...only problem was it was too big, and i couldn't find the size i wanted anywhere else. i ended up buying a dress from a different shop, and forking out way more for it lol. but it was worth it

ReputationRep:
    Be warned - no TK Maxx in Cambridge.

I may well have a good long look at the hallowed market stall of ballgowns this year. No way am I going to Debenhams and Monsoon - everyone goes there, far too boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)

I may well have a good long look at the hallowed market stall of ballgowns this year. No way am I going to Debenhams and Monsoon - everyone goes there, far too boring
    indeed

i'll aim to get my dress during the easter holidays then..if i can be bothered. might just play around with my purple dress from last year and wear that.

i've just noticed me and nicky have the same post count...but she's been registered for 4 months longer. damn i'm addicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    I'm for hire too now, the trip to Italy wasn't just for a holiday you know and some of the shops out there sell big knives and swords so the last "job" was a breeze.
    romania was fantastic for big knives and things. a friend who i was out there with got this big ornamental scythe from a street stall outside Bran Castle, only cost her about £5. and it looked pretty lethal as well

Do they still have the stall in the amrket that sells all things made of hemp?
    i went there with a friend about 4 / 5 years ago and they had these socks with a label on them warning you not to smoke the socks

rosie

ReputationRep:
    yay my computer came it came! But I have to wait a couple of days for the last components I need to put it together, because the guy at the computer shop said they are on their way....GRRR I WANT MY COMPUTER NOW!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yay my computer came it came! But I have to wait a couple of days for the last components I need to put it together, because the guy at the computer shop said they are on their way....GRRR I WANT MY COMPUTER NOW!!!
    I got mine from Tesco today. 17" is huge if it is a TFT!

ReputationRep:
    I have my first (lol) mum!! It's all so exciting!
    I have an arch & anth mum and a classics mum! The classics mum is the one I've heard from, she has beautiful but slightly unreadable hand-writing! I feel I should reply with some questions but I think all mine have been answered on here...ach it's never stopped me before, I can always think of more questions! She's going to be so dissappointed in me, she's a mad musician and, well, I'm utterly hopeless at anything musical!

ReputationRep:

went to tk maxx in exeter - it was crap! there were about 10 dresses and they were all massive or nasty. got a lovely blue one from debenhams (i know :rolleyes: but exeter is limited in its provision of shops which sell ballgowns) for £27! for that price, if i find a nicer one i wont mind spending money on it!

everyone seems to be hearing from parents! i'm still orphaned...

ReputationRep:
    debenhams *HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*. I worked there for 1.5 years, and I can tell you, you should never give your money to them, it's terrible!!!! All they care about is money, money money money!!! *HISSSSSSSSSSSSS*

ReputationRep:
    well the dress was £90 originally! :eek: there's no way i'd have given them that much money!

ReputationRep:
    you wanna track down a tk maxx somewhere else. there's 3 near me...one in birkenhead, one in liverpool, and a massive warehouse size one in chester. wooo

ReputationRep:
    I got my Xmas social dress in Debenhams in July. Come back to school last month and already somebody's got the same one {cries}

On the bright side I wore it to a wedding last weekend and it's too strappy for a ceilidh. So I may get another one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I got my Xmas social dress in Debenhams in July. Come back to school last month and already somebody's got the same one {cries}

On the bright side I wore it to a wedding last weekend and it's too strappy for a ceilidh. So I may get another one.
    what does it look like? this is mine (its in light blue tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    what does it look like? this is mine (its in light blue tho)

ooh thats pretty....

this is my dress... excuse me being in it and my rather stupid expression and so on..

ReputationRep:
    i don't know which dress to take with me! i've decided i'll take one, just in case i fancy going to the snow ball or whatever, but i don't know which one to take!

the "white" one is actually mint green lol, the camera is being funny. and i do strange leany thing in pictures, hence my contorted shape in the purple dress
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    this is my dress... excuse me being in it and my rather stupid expression and so on..
    :eek: :eek: my best friend had that dress for our prom!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.