Turn on thread page Beta

ooh, spooky

personally i think you should take the white one, especially for a snow ball

Im not gonna bring mine i don't think, it's all big and poofy and i dont think i'd wear it this term. but I'll pack a formal/long - but - non - poofy dress just in case.

rosie

(packing!! just been stripping all my bedding off ready to wash so i can pack it..dont worry.. i do have ones to sleep on for the next 2 weeks

ps. priya - you're very pretty!

ReputationRep:
    Shall I get a Dinner jacket before I go up?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB
    i already have one, but if i didnt, well i probably wouldnt bother just yet...wait until i was sure i needed one! Although then again you WILL need one for any fancy balls you go to i suppose, so you might want to think about getting one....although i suppose you could wait until there is a sale on before you buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    what does it look like? this is mine (its in light blue tho)

That's really nice!

See attachement for mine. With the miniscule straps :rolleyes:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ooh, spooky

personally i think you should take the white one, especially for a snow ball

Im not gonna bring mine i don't think, it's all big and poofy and i dont think i'd wear it this term. but I'll pack a formal/long - but - non - poofy dress just in case.

rosie

(packing!! just been stripping all my bedding off ready to wash so i can pack it..dont worry.. i do have ones to sleep on for the next 2 weeks

ps. priya - you're very pretty!
    thanks for the tip! you're PACKING already?! i've chucked stuff into boxes....but i don't wanna take things off walls/pack clothes/pillow etc until next week!!! i don't wanna face packing my whole room up and having it look bare!!

(Original post by priya)
    thanks for the tip! you're PACKING already?! i've chucked stuff into boxes....but i don't wanna take things off walls/pack clothes/pillow etc until next week!!! i don't wanna face packing my whole room up and having it look bare!!
    well. I'm kind of packing. Like, I'm packing clothes I know I'm not going to wear in the next two weeks (and if i do want to wear them, well, i know where they are) and once my hseets and stuff come out the washing machine , I've already put other ones on my bed, so I can pack the washed ones.. Um... I've packed folders and whatnot and books.. assorted medications and first aid type stuff.. toiletries and things..

got a shoe box ive been putting all the pens/postits/blank cds etc in..

obviously i wont pack stuff i want in the mean time like jeans i wear every day and stuff now! but i prefer to do it a little bit at a time rather than in one mammoth session

also, i don't really have decorative stuff in my room. i have a couple of posters and things but not ones im bothered about taking with me. other decorative accents include a vase of dead flowers and a periodic table. not things i am worried about taking with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB
    u might want one for formal halls, but i guess you could probably get away with just a suit (i'm assuming you have to wear your gown to formal hall like i'll have to?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    what does it look like? this is mine (its in light blue tho)

That's gooorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    I'm for hire too now, the trip to Italy wasn't just for a holiday you know and some of the shops out there sell big knives and swords so the last "job" was a breeze.
    Ahh finally I have found someone who is willing to assassin someone for me! Great. When can you start work?

Ok, now trouble is I gotta find someone to kill...... *looks around at crowd*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Ahh finally I have found someone who is willing to assassin someone for me! Great. When can you start work?

Ok, now trouble is I gotta find someone to kill...... *looks around at crowd*
    i'd suggets looking in GC. there's some people in there who are getting a little irritating

ReputationRep:
    Yey! UKL, I mean, 'TSR' (not nearly such a good abbrieviation) has finally let me back on! yey!

Well, I met Rosie today in Mansfield and I can definatly verify that she's probably not an axe wielding psycho. She even bought me lunch! (no fizzy pop or cob though. I was quite dissapointed about that).

DJs! I've only just got my head round looking for a suit! And that won't be sorted until M&S get one in roughly my size (damn everyone else being either short or fat!) a week on tuesday. Are you really serious about needing a DJ? It all seems a little too excessive to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    That's gooorgeous!
    mine... (I think the pink and white is the one that's going with me)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Oh. My. God. My parents have just paid £400 to stay two nights in a hotel in Cambridge =|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor_Deity)
    Yey! UKL, I mean, 'TSR' (not nearly such a good abbrieviation) has finally let me back on! yey!

Well, I met Rosie today in Mansfield and I can definatly verify that she's probably not an axe wielding psycho. She even bought me lunch! (no fizzy pop or cob though. I was quite dissapointed about that).

DJs! I've only just got my head round looking for a suit! And that won't be sorted until M&S get one in roughly my size (damn everyone else being either short or fat!) a week on tuesday. Are you really serious about needing a DJ? It all seems a little too excessive to me.
    you can get away with not wearing a DJ for pretty much everything. But when it comes to going to any may balls, i'm sure most will ask you to have a dj to wear! As I say, dont worry about not having one, you can think about picking one up later on!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, everyone looks so amazing in their dresses!

I must bring my red one... but it's not a proper ballgown, just an evening dress. I like it though .

My college dad wrote! But not my mum, yet.

Fishpaste - are you serious? That must be an amazingly luxurious hotel.

ReputationRep:
    Or (I guess) not such an amazing hotel that just happens to be booked when all the freshers are coming to Cambridge so the big hotel people can put their rates up???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i'd suggets looking in GC. there's some people in there who are getting a little irritating
    Ahhhhh nice one question - what and where is GC????

But tell me who and Pollo Loco, you ready with your knives?
    *rubs hands in excitement*

ReputationRep:
    Bah. That's unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comma)
    Fishpaste - are you serious? That must be an amazingly luxurious hotel.
    http://condenast.hotelbook.com/stati...ome_19365.html

doesn't *scream* luxury does it?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.