Turn on thread page Beta

ooh, spooky

personally i think you should take the white one, especially for a snow ball

Im not gonna bring mine i don't think, it's all big and poofy and i dont think i'd wear it this term. but I'll pack a formal/long - but - non - poofy dress just in case.

rosie

(packing!! just been stripping all my bedding off ready to wash so i can pack it..dont worry.. i do have ones to sleep on for the next 2 weeks

ps. priya - you're very pretty!

ReputationRep:
    Shall I get a Dinner jacket before I go up?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB
    i already have one, but if i didnt, well i probably wouldnt bother just yet...wait until i was sure i needed one! Although then again you WILL need one for any fancy balls you go to i suppose, so you might want to think about getting one....although i suppose you could wait until there is a sale on before you buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    what does it look like? this is mine (its in light blue tho)

That's really nice!

See attachement for mine. With the miniscule straps :rolleyes:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ooh, spooky

personally i think you should take the white one, especially for a snow ball

Im not gonna bring mine i don't think, it's all big and poofy and i dont think i'd wear it this term. but I'll pack a formal/long - but - non - poofy dress just in case.

rosie

(packing!! just been stripping all my bedding off ready to wash so i can pack it..dont worry.. i do have ones to sleep on for the next 2 weeks

ps. priya - you're very pretty!
    thanks for the tip! you're PACKING already?! i've chucked stuff into boxes....but i don't wanna take things off walls/pack clothes/pillow etc until next week!!! i don't wanna face packing my whole room up and having it look bare!!

(Original post by priya)
    thanks for the tip! you're PACKING already?! i've chucked stuff into boxes....but i don't wanna take things off walls/pack clothes/pillow etc until next week!!! i don't wanna face packing my whole room up and having it look bare!!
    well. I'm kind of packing. Like, I'm packing clothes I know I'm not going to wear in the next two weeks (and if i do want to wear them, well, i know where they are) and once my hseets and stuff come out the washing machine , I've already put other ones on my bed, so I can pack the washed ones.. Um... I've packed folders and whatnot and books.. assorted medications and first aid type stuff.. toiletries and things..

got a shoe box ive been putting all the pens/postits/blank cds etc in..

obviously i wont pack stuff i want in the mean time like jeans i wear every day and stuff now! but i prefer to do it a little bit at a time rather than in one mammoth session

also, i don't really have decorative stuff in my room. i have a couple of posters and things but not ones im bothered about taking with me. other decorative accents include a vase of dead flowers and a periodic table. not things i am worried about taking with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB
    u might want one for formal halls, but i guess you could probably get away with just a suit (i'm assuming you have to wear your gown to formal hall like i'll have to?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    what does it look like? this is mine (its in light blue tho)

That's gooorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    I'm for hire too now, the trip to Italy wasn't just for a holiday you know and some of the shops out there sell big knives and swords so the last "job" was a breeze.
    Ahh finally I have found someone who is willing to assassin someone for me! Great. When can you start work?

Ok, now trouble is I gotta find someone to kill...... *looks around at crowd*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Ahh finally I have found someone who is willing to assassin someone for me! Great. When can you start work?

Ok, now trouble is I gotta find someone to kill...... *looks around at crowd*
    i'd suggets looking in GC. there's some people in there who are getting a little irritating

ReputationRep:
    Yey! UKL, I mean, 'TSR' (not nearly such a good abbrieviation) has finally let me back on! yey!

Well, I met Rosie today in Mansfield and I can definatly verify that she's probably not an axe wielding psycho. She even bought me lunch! (no fizzy pop or cob though. I was quite dissapointed about that).

DJs! I've only just got my head round looking for a suit! And that won't be sorted until M&S get one in roughly my size (damn everyone else being either short or fat!) a week on tuesday. Are you really serious about needing a DJ? It all seems a little too excessive to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    That's gooorgeous!
    mine... (I think the pink and white is the one that's going with me)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Oh. My. God. My parents have just paid £400 to stay two nights in a hotel in Cambridge =|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor_Deity)
    Yey! UKL, I mean, 'TSR' (not nearly such a good abbrieviation) has finally let me back on! yey!

Well, I met Rosie today in Mansfield and I can definatly verify that she's probably not an axe wielding psycho. She even bought me lunch! (no fizzy pop or cob though. I was quite dissapointed about that).

DJs! I've only just got my head round looking for a suit! And that won't be sorted until M&S get one in roughly my size (damn everyone else being either short or fat!) a week on tuesday. Are you really serious about needing a DJ? It all seems a little too excessive to me.
    you can get away with not wearing a DJ for pretty much everything. But when it comes to going to any may balls, i'm sure most will ask you to have a dj to wear! As I say, dont worry about not having one, you can think about picking one up later on!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, everyone looks so amazing in their dresses!

I must bring my red one... but it's not a proper ballgown, just an evening dress. I like it though .

My college dad wrote! But not my mum, yet.

Fishpaste - are you serious? That must be an amazingly luxurious hotel.

ReputationRep:
    Or (I guess) not such an amazing hotel that just happens to be booked when all the freshers are coming to Cambridge so the big hotel people can put their rates up???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i'd suggets looking in GC. there's some people in there who are getting a little irritating
    Ahhhhh nice one question - what and where is GC????

But tell me who and Pollo Loco, you ready with your knives?
    *rubs hands in excitement*

ReputationRep:
    Bah. That's unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comma)
    Fishpaste - are you serious? That must be an amazingly luxurious hotel.
    http://condenast.hotelbook.com/stati...ome_19365.html

doesn't *scream* luxury does it?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.