Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by visesh)
    And are quite clumsy. Ewan, did she drop anything today? Be honest...
    no, apart from dropping pizza on my jeans, i wa quite co ordinated I think if rather windswept

ReputationRep:
    hahaha now see that's the difference between all you highly motivated people, and ME...you saw the thing saying "finishing date" and actually went out and found the REAL date...I just made one up which was only about six weeks out of the real one.
    Anyway I'm bored and lonely and counting down the days til I leave the stinking cess pit that is Swansea and coming up to Cambridge I'm arriving on the first to Emmanuel. How about the rest of you? I've already asked before but I've just noticed a few new names I've never seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lepiggywiggy)
    hahaha now see that's the difference between all you highly motivated people, and ME...you saw the thing saying "finishing date" and actually went out and found the REAL date...I just made one up which was only about six weeks out of the real one.
    Anyway I'm bored and lonely and counting down the days til I leave the stinking cess pit that is Swansea and coming up to Cambridge I'm arriving on the first to Emmanuel. How about the rest of you? I've already asked before but I've just noticed a few new names I've never seen.
    heyy you're from the cambridge gossip forum!! welcome!

you're arriving on the first?? how come so early?

ReputationRep:
    Swansea, hmmm wasn't it recently called the rubbish bin of GB or something like that?
    Quite a few of my friends have just moved there for uni...fools, the whole point of uni (well maybe not the whole point!) is to escape this country!!
    Where in Swansea are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Priya: HEYA! Yes I've been prowling around here for a while now but it took me a while to fight through the "server is too busy" messages.
    Katie J: Swansea may be bad but it is NOT the rubbish bin of GB haha I resent the inference that it may be worse than Llanelli. actually the Gower is gorgeous, and apparently the uni campus was voted prettiest in Europe or something stupid. Not sure by whom though, my guess is the uni themselves. It's not a bad uni as they go, I just wouldnt want to stay here myself. I'm sure your friends will enjoy it...I think freshers week started today actually. Some of my friends have gone there but they're generally lazy bums who couldnt be bothered to move out. I think the reason I'm so disillusioned with this place is because I'm from Morriston, its a very very grim, depressing, industrial town built to house the miners, to the north east of Swansea, and its full of wasters and scum of the earth. To put it mildly
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah and Priya, I'm arriving on the first becauuuuuse Emmanuel said to arrive between 10 and 12 on the second, which is nigh on impossible since Swansea is a good 4 and a half hour drive away, so I'd have been leaving in the middle of the night. It made more sense to just arrive a night earlier but it does mean I'm going to have a very lonely first night

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah and Priya, I'm arriving on the first becauuuuuse Emmanuel said to arrive between 10 and 12 on the second, which is nigh on impossible since Swansea is a good 4 and a half hour drive away, so I'd have been leaving in the middle of the night. It made more sense to just arrive a night earlier but it does mean I'm going to have a very lonely first night
    lol i'm arriving at 11am, leaving at 5am in the morning on the saturday! it has to be done i guess, no way we could leave on the friday (dad has work, brother has school etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    , industrial town built to house the miners, to the north east of Swansea, and its full of wasters and scum of the earth. To put it mildly
    Where are you from?

were they wasters before Thatcher?

MB

ReputationRep:
    Priya: HEYA! Yes I've been prowling around here for a while now but it took me a while to fight through the "server is too busy" messages.
    Katie J: Swansea may be bad but it is NOT the rubbish bin of GB haha I resent the inference that it may be worse than Llanelli. actually the Gower is gorgeous, and apparently the uni campus was voted prettiest in Europe or something stupid. Not sure by whom though, my guess is the uni themselves. It's not a bad uni as they go, I just wouldnt want to stay here myself. I'm sure your friends will enjoy it...I think freshers week started today actually. Some of my friends have gone there but they're generally lazy bums who couldnt be bothered to move out. I think the reason I'm so disillusioned with this place is because I'm from Morriston, its a very very grim, depressing, industrial town built to house the miners, to the north east of Swansea, and its full of wasters and scum of the earth. To put it mildly
    Where are you from?
    I'm gald you've taken that comment in the jokey way it was intended...did get a bit worried after I posted that! I read an article on it fairly recently, made me chuckle, might have been 'ash-tray' not rubbish bin, either way not the nicest of descriptions!
    The Gower is indeed fantastic, been camping there a few tims this summer with school friends (got stupidly burnt faces on a cloudy day!) and I did some fieldwork there last summer! There were hundreds of jelly fish early June...
    LLanelli, now there's somewhere I'm happy not to know that well
    Swansea uni is actually pretty good, I have a friend who's going to Oxford next year but was very nearly off to Swansea instead in August! Most of my mates going there are comp sci people, I know they'll all enjoy it, most are living in a house together (parental influences prevented them all staying together, bfs & gfs have been separated!) so not sure how much work will be done but they'll all have fun I'm sure! I know Morriston a bit, well I know the hospital anyway...besides, 'grim, depressing industrial town' describes most towns in South Wales!
    I'm from Torfaen, again, far from the greatest place to live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    I hardly ever wear mine either, ive only worn the blue one once for a concert, and the white one twice, at the 6th form ball and at a formal party last night, which i only got invited to yesterday morning!

I never get asked to dance at these things either!!! Although yesterday I was going as someone's "date", after forever (it seems) being single, trust me to start attracting people a fortnight before starting uni! sod's law I guess.
    Aww sweet. Is he going to the same uni as you? At least you got asked!

Hehe it'd be soo nice to get asked to dance though :rolleyes: honestly, girls fantasising However I'm not the first girl anyone would ask for a dance because I can't dance and I'm so weird that I scare people I have managed to freak my friend's friend out by dragging her into my art class once, and pretending to be a sheep or a computer that's just crashed Hehehe it's no wonder she was scared.

I never wear dresses - I didn't even get a prom dress for the yr11 prom. Well I did buy one, but I didn't really choose properly cus I don't like clothes shopping, and the one that I liked had loose threads all over the netting so I didn't get it. In the end I borrowed my mum's. It was all her stuff! And goodness heels really kill! I had to sit down every five mintues at the prom because the flipping heels killed my feet! - and they're just normal they weren't even high! But then I don't like heels and I never wear them either. Hehe bless my friend, she was worried I was upset or something cus I kept sitting down and the seats were miles away from all my friends, but it was just the heels.

Reminds me, I actually had a discussion with a guy about make-up and heels once no he's not gay. We were just in agreement cus he preferred girls with no make-up and I hate make-up. But it was quite random nonetheless.

HAMSTERSSSS!!!!!!
    (no I don't know why I said that.)

ReputationRep:
    Oh Figgetyfig, btw, I like your picture thing, whateve it's called! (avatar or something...?) - I really wanna watch Spirited Away but the DVD didn't work in my DVD player! Grrrrr :mad: My sisters says it's really good. Have you seen any other films by Miyozaki? Laputa is by him, it's very very good, but about 20 years old now the film must be. It's very well known across the far east in Japan, China and Hong Kong.

ReputationRep:
    Me like your username It's random! Dunno if you've seen me before cus I'm not a fresher unfortunately I'm a Cambridge wannabe tis why I'm in this section

My friend's going up to Swansea soon to do some Christian outreach work! Should be quite cool though have no idea what she's doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Me like your username It's random! Dunno if you've seen me before cus I'm not a fresher unfortunately I'm a Cambridge wannabe tis why I'm in this section

My friend's going up to Swansea soon to do some Christian outreach work! Should be quite cool though have no idea what she's doing.
    what do you want to apply for irisng? and which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    what do you want to apply for irisng? and which college?
    Hiya Priya! I wanna apply for biological Natural Science, and still deciding on college. The only one that I remember from my one school visit is King's cus I liked its white grand walls And from the sound of things I love its art club too cus deep down I wanna go for Fine Art, but I'm not cus of poor career prospect. Although the ducks at Emma is tempting but the test I gotta do to get into Emma I'm unsure about, whereas King's it's interview only. Although I'm not sure if that is an advantage cus if I screw the interview then basically I'm cooked and done.

And you? What course are you starting and in which college? Btw just dissect my username - I'm Iris And you? When I registered I just couldn't be bothered to make up a username because I didn't know I'd end up staying for this long! And I forget usernames and passwords Hehe I don't really know what name I'm officially under anyway cus I chose my own name My birth certificate is a completely different name and to this day I still don't know which name to put in my exam papers cus in the school I'm under a different name, while my passport is another one!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya Priya! I wanna apply for biological Natural Science, and still deciding on college. The only one that I remember from my one school visit is King's cus I liked its white grand walls And from the sound of things I love its art club too cus deep down I wanna go for Fine Art, but I'm not cus of poor career prospect. Although the ducks at Emma is tempting but the test I gotta do to get into Emma I'm unsure about, whereas King's it's interview only. Although I'm not sure if that is an advantage cus if I screw the interview then basically I'm cooked and done.

And you? What course are you starting and in which college? Btw just dissect my username - I'm Iris And you? When I registered I just couldn't be bothered to make up a username because I didn't know I'd end up staying for this long! And I forget usernames and passwords Hehe I don't really know what name I'm officially under anyway cus I chose my own name My birth certificate is a completely different name and to this day I still don't know which name to put in my exam papers cus in the school I'm under a different name, while my passport is another one!
    wow what are your other names then?!
    i'm starting at Sidney in T minus 12 days (woo!) can't wait. going to do modern languages....german with italian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    wow what are your other names then?!
    i'm starting at Sidney in T minus 12 days (woo!) can't wait. going to do modern languages....german with italian
    Cooool - Italian and German? Must be well hard. Never done Italian before but met an Italian girl once and don't remember a single word of Italian she taught me! As for German, after learning German for four years or so, I've forgotten literally every word there is in the language! Surprisingly enough I still remember a lot of French. :rolleyes: or more French than German at least!

12 days! Wow. I envy you Cambridge freshers....

ReputationRep:
    Cooool - Italian and German? Must be well hard. Never done Italian before but met an Italian girl once and don't remember a single word of Italian she taught me! As for German, after learning German for four years or so, I've forgotten literally every word there is in the language! Surprisingly enough I still remember a lot of French. :rolleyes: or more French than German at least!

12 days! Wow. I envy you Cambridge freshers....
    hehe please don't! i haven't read any of the books on my reading list completely!! haven't looked at the italian ones at all! argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hehe please don't! i haven't read any of the books on my reading list completely!! haven't looked at the italian ones at all! argh!
    I haven't started my practice maths either!

Iris - no he's not going to Uni at all, he's actually the year below me which is why it's so weird, because I'm buggering off to Cam and he's staying put! He's actually really nice as a person but I've told him that now is the worst time ever to be getting involved with someone, for obvious reasons! And spirited Away is the only one I've seen, my friend is a big anime fan, I watched it at her house. I really haven't got a clue about the rest, although she said she'd lend me some more to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    I haven't started my practice maths either!

Iris - no he's not going to Uni at all, he's actually the year below me which is why it's so weird, because I'm buggering off to Cam and he's staying put! He's actually really nice as a person but I've told him that now is the worst time ever to be getting involved with someone, for obvious reasons! And spirited Away is the only one I've seen, my friend is a big anime fan, I watched it at her house. I really haven't got a clue about the rest, although she said she'd lend me some more to watch.
    Awwww you could try distant contact? Whatever you call it - you know just keep in touch by phone/email etc! Well at least someone fancies you and you two can stay friends, so that's cool too! You wouldn't wanna have never met him, after all.

I'm an anime fan! I love Japanese Manga more than animation though Miyozaki's films are very famous, old though they are, they're good. You should watch them!

And as for books your Cambridge freshers have to read - I'm sure it can't be as bad as me who still haven't decided on what my five other courses and uni's are gonna be! I don't even know if I'll get a place anywhere! And I gotta read books too I haven't researched for my degree course and I've yet to research for my chemistry coursework (so what am I doing still online? :confused: ) And since I do English Lit naturally there're loads of books I've yet to read AAAHHHHH!!!!

Anyway I still haven't done my chemistry homework, plotting graphs for rates of reaction due for tomorrow :eek: and it's 00:57 according to my computer!!!!! Yaks!!! :eek: eeeeek :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Hehe a bit like me then I'm currently reading 5 books all at once (but none of them are for school ) - er no 6 - no 7 - although I haven't started two or three of them plus an addition of all the core backbone of my subjects which mounts up to 6 books, that's for two out of four subjects! :eek: And naturally I have not read any of the texts I'm supposed to read for English Lit aaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.