Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
My first name = Will (Not that hard to guess from my name )
my pic...the best one of me is in the times last wednesday, i'm still trying to get a mate to scan it in, i'll put link up when i get it.
hehe - i know yours - although I did think you were a girl for quite a long time. (sorry!)
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes, a lot of people seemed to have thought i was a girl for a long time. It seems to be the name. But that's just the name i use, because it's a nickname i've had for years...ever since when i was a baby, my older brother, who could barely talk, couldnt manage to say "William", so instead just said "Willa". So it just stuck, and now my parents call me that and everything.
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
Yes, a lot of people seemed to have thought i was a girl for a long time. It seems to be the name. But that's just the name i use, because it's a nickname i've had for years...ever since when i was a baby, my older brother, who could barely talk, couldnt manage to say "William", so instead just said "Willa". So it just stuck, and now my parents call me that and everything.
my sister used to call me "ro ro"

i think "ro" is quite cute but roro is a ferry. so. some people call me rose though, i like that
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so what gave me away as a guy!?
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crana)
hehe - i know yours - although I did think you were a girl for quite a long time. (sorry!)
yeah so did i, sorry
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
1) I was suspicious because you are very good at physics for a girl

2) i saw a post from you explaining your name
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my ex gf will be very offended that you dont think girls should be good at physics.....although i am still JUST better than her at physics...i always beat her by one or two marks in exams.
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
well, i looked at ur profile, cos i few posts ago, i said 'his netspeak' but as soon as i wrote i thought, i'd better check!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i hope that if we all get the cam it's very clear that i am a guy! I wont be hard to find....i'll be the one playing electric guitar very loud in emma! Hope i dont get someone who goes to bed early as a neighbour!
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
my ex gf will be very offended that you dont think girls should be good at physics.....although i am still JUST better than her at physics...i always beat her by one or two marks in exams.
oh no i do think girls SHOULD be good at physics

just in my experience most physics & maths boffs are boys...not all of course (hey i go to a girls' school and there are plenty of v good phys & maths people)..but in general.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by crana)
oh no i do think girls SHOULD be good at physics

just in my experience most physics & maths boffs are boys...not all of course (hey i go to a girls' school and there are plenty of v good phys & maths people)..but in general.
Lol...sounds like my physics teacher...well...my old physics teacher

He went to apply for a job as head of physics at a girls school, and he got offered it...but didn't take it. When we asked why...he said, "I didn't take the job because girls are crap at physics....AND they don't play rugby!!!!!"

On the subject of nicknames....i have absolutely millions!! G, rhino, panda, oddjob, random task, the list goes on.

Btw- Willa...i already have mIRC...my bro downloaded it....has anyone else got it...cos then we can all chat!

G
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've put up a java applet on my website so you can chat. Just click "Chat" in the navigation bar

mIRC users: quakenet (uk.quakenet.org) server, #uk-learning channel

If using the applet, just enter your nickname, and ignore all the other boxes. Just hit "Connect now"
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
I've put up a java applet on my website so you can chat. Just click "Chat" in the navigation bar

mIRC users: quakenet (uk.quakenet.org) server, #uk-learning channel
Anyone on it now?

G
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm on it atm
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
I'm on it atm
Ok..i'm on mIRC....and i've connected....how do i get into the uklearning channel??
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
have you connected to quakenet ya?

ok just type in the console: /join #uk-learning
gzftan
Rep:
?
Come on everyone!!! Join in...just follow Willa's instruction...and you can speak to us!!!!!!

G
gzftan
Rep:
?
Right everyone....i'm gonna post the list of instructions for mIRC chat on the first post...so if you ever need to find out how to get onto it..it's right there for ya!

G
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crana)
my sister used to call me "ro ro"

i think "ro" is quite cute but roro is a ferry. so. some people call me rose though, i like that
My sister never had any problems with my name, but when she was about 12 decided to get all baby-voiced and silly, and started calling me "Len" or "Lennie." It's kind of stuck with her now, although she found it hilariously funny when she was doing Of Mice and Men last year
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you know you should put a link to my website on there as well, since that provides access!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (98)
53.85%
Yes, but I want to swap them (14)
7.69%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
9.89%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (45)
24.73%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
3.85%

Watched Threads