Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Willa)
    My first name = Will (Not that hard to guess from my name )
    my pic...the best one of me is in the times last wednesday, i'm still trying to get a mate to scan it in, i'll put link up when i get it.
    hehe - i know yours - although I did think you were a girl for quite a long time. (sorry!)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a lot of people seemed to have thought i was a girl for a long time. It seems to be the name. But that's just the name i use, because it's a nickname i've had for years...ever since when i was a baby, my older brother, who could barely talk, couldnt manage to say "William", so instead just said "Willa". So it just stuck, and now my parents call me that and everything.

(Original post by Willa)
    Yes, a lot of people seemed to have thought i was a girl for a long time. It seems to be the name. But that's just the name i use, because it's a nickname i've had for years...ever since when i was a baby, my older brother, who could barely talk, couldnt manage to say "William", so instead just said "Willa". So it just stuck, and now my parents call me that and everything.
    my sister used to call me "ro ro"

i think "ro" is quite cute but roro is a ferry. so. some people call me rose though, i like that

ReputationRep:
    so what gave me away as a guy!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    hehe - i know yours - although I did think you were a girl for quite a long time. (sorry!)
    yeah so did i, sorry

(Original post by Willa)
    1) I was suspicious because you are very good at physics for a girl

2) i saw a post from you explaining your name

ReputationRep:
    my ex gf will be very offended that you dont think girls should be good at physics.....although i am still JUST better than her at physics...i always beat her by one or two marks in exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well, i looked at ur profile, cos i few posts ago, i said 'his netspeak' but as soon as i wrote i thought, i'd better check!

ReputationRep:
    well i hope that if we all get the cam it's very clear that i am a guy! I wont be hard to find....i'll be the one playing electric guitar very loud in emma! Hope i dont get someone who goes to bed early as a neighbour!

(Original post by Willa)
    my ex gf will be very offended that you dont think girls should be good at physics.....although i am still JUST better than her at physics...i always beat her by one or two marks in exams.
    oh no i do think girls SHOULD be good at physics

just in my experience most physics & maths boffs are boys...not all of course (hey i go to a girls' school and there are plenty of v good phys & maths people)..but in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    oh no i do think girls SHOULD be good at physics

just in my experience most physics & maths boffs are boys...not all of course (hey i go to a girls' school and there are plenty of v good phys & maths people)..but in general.
    Lol...sounds like my physics teacher...well...my old physics teacher

He went to apply for a job as head of physics at a girls school, and he got offered it...but didn't take it. When we asked why...he said, "I didn't take the job because girls are crap at physics....AND they don't play rugby!!!!!"

On the subject of nicknames....i have absolutely millions!! G, rhino, panda, oddjob, random task, the list goes on.

Btw- Willa...i already have mIRC...my bro downloaded it....has anyone else got it...cos then we can all chat!

G

ReputationRep:
    I've put up a java applet on my website so you can chat. Just click "Chat" in the navigation bar

mIRC users: quakenet (uk.quakenet.org) server, #uk-learning channel

If using the applet, just enter your nickname, and ignore all the other boxes. Just hit "Connect now"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I've put up a java applet on my website so you can chat. Just click "Chat" in the navigation bar

mIRC users: quakenet (uk.quakenet.org) server, #uk-learning channel
    Anyone on it now?

G

ReputationRep:
    I'm on it atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I'm on it atm
    Ok..i'm on mIRC....and i've connected....how do i get into the uklearning channel??

ReputationRep:
    have you connected to quakenet ya?

ok just type in the console: /join #uk-learning

ReputationRep:
    Come on everyone!!! Join in...just follow Willa's instruction...and you can speak to us!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Right everyone....i'm gonna post the list of instructions for mIRC chat on the first post...so if you ever need to find out how to get onto it..it's right there for ya!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    my sister used to call me "ro ro"

i think "ro" is quite cute but roro is a ferry. so. some people call me rose though, i like that
    My sister never had any problems with my name, but when she was about 12 decided to get all baby-voiced and silly, and started calling me "Len" or "Lennie." It's kind of stuck with her now, although she found it hilariously funny when she was doing Of Mice and Men last year

ReputationRep:
    you know you should put a link to my website on there as well, since that provides access!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.