The Student Room Group
What's the difference between a dinner jacket and an ordinary suit jacket? Need to know this before I go shopping.
Willa
hmm...there are pictures of geoff already though!

And my dad lost my digital camera in france this year anyway, so i'd have to borrow my brothers, and he probably wouldnt let me!

I want see one that's in good definition. Preferrably with you in the picture as well.
Reply 6282
ahha no....i am a man of mystery, nobody can see a photo of me. Geoff will have the privelege of knowing what i look like before all you lot :tongue: You'll just have to wait 2 weeks!

And a Dinner jacket should actually be worn with special dinner suit trousers. Hence you wanted to get the jacket and trousers together. The traditional dinner jacket (like the one I have) is plain black, with the lapels a sort of silk black, curved (not jagged). The trousers will have a line of black silk like material running down the sides!

Just walk into a shop and say "wear are you Dinner Jackets?" they'll show you one, and you'll know what you're after forever more!

There are 3 different DJ styles. Classic: where the silk lapels are curved, Italien: Where the silk lapels are jagged like a normal suit (I think this looks crap though). Finally, the worst one: Double Breasted: This is where the front is pulled across, and tends to be the style worn by fat mafia bosses! This is typically "Old man" so dont go for this style.
Reply 6283
Camford
What's the difference between a dinner jacket and an ordinary suit jacket? Need to know this before I go shopping.

a DJ is aways double breasted and is shiny on the collar. i think
Reply 6284
priya
a DJ is aways double breasted and is shiny on the collar. i think

no no no....DJ's are NOT double breasted. DO NOT buy the double breasted form, that makes you look like an old man!!!
Reply 6285
Willa
no no no....DJ's are NOT double breasted. DO NOT buy the double breasted form, that makes you look like an old man!!!

lol ok, sorry i think thats the only type i remember seeing
Reply 6286
ooh is anyone here thinking of joining the ADC by the way?
Thanks for the definitions. I still can't figure out the differences. I'm crap when it comes to tell-the-difference-of-real-life-things. Anyway, if I aske the shop assisstants, do you think they'll know which one is which?
priya
ooh is anyone here thinking of joining the ADC by the way?

What's an ADC anyway?
I'm bored... thinking about watching Thriteen, but I just can't seem to be able to get myself to watch it.

Priya, what's an ADC anyway?
Reply 6290
Camford
I'm bored... thinking about watching Thriteen, but I just can't seem to be able to get myself to watch it.

Priya, what's an ADC anyway?

the amateur dramatics club. they put on a play just for freshers (done by freshers) in the 6th week i really wanna join
i just had my hair cut, and im going to work in 3/4 hour.

ive got a rotten stinky cold though and a headache :frown:
priya
the amateur dramatics club. they put on a play just for freshers (done by freshers) in the 6th week i really wanna join

em... go ahead, nothing's going to stop you. I won't join. There's nothing in the world will get me into drama.
crana
i just had my hair cut, and im going to work in 3/4 hour.

ive got a rotten stinky cold though and a headache :frown:

Are you sure it's just a side symptom of MRSA? :eek:
My f*cking lunch is f**king over bloody f**king cooked. S**t, it's F**king burnt. Oh man, can't tell you what it ****ing looks like.
I do appologise for the language. Anyway, as it turned out, my rice is not over cooked nor burnt.

One more question on dress. Do I need to get a small collar shirt to go with the bowtie? Or is it acceptable to use bowtie with the normal shirt (the one you use with ties)?
Camford
Are you sure it's just a side symptom of MRSA? :eek:

i havent been sticking my fingers in any patients rooms.....although.... last time i got an mrsa tray i didnt use gloves :eek:
rooms? i mean wounds. Im losing it.
crana
rooms? i mean wounds. Im losing it.

That's ok, most of us have never had it anyway so we can't have lost it either.
Camford
I do appologise for the language. Anyway, as it turned out, my rice is not over cooked nor burnt.

One more question on dress. Do I need to get a small collar shirt to go with the bowtie? Or is it acceptable to use bowtie with the normal shirt (the one you use with ties)?

That's ok, i cooked lunch for my parents the other day and i put some bread in the oven way too early. It was almost black when it came out when the rest of the meal was ready. Ooops. :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending