Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I'm still searching for a half decent cheapish coffee machine. John Lewis only had shite ones and argos had sold ou. I'll have to go to camden to get one tomorrow.

MB
    index? maybe online? u could get it delivered straight to college then

ReputationRep:
    Hi..I've just discovered this site...I'm studying Natural Sciences (Biological) at St Catz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    On a slightly random but still related note - is anyone here a total non-sophisticate like me (and Geoff ), drinking neither tea nor coffee? (wow that was a bad sentence)
    I don't drink tea or coffee. Or alcohol in fact. Or anything fizzy, given a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beck)
    Hi..I've just discovered this site...I'm studying Natural Sciences (Biological) at St Catz.

Hi Beck. welcome to our (crazy) little world. You might want to come to our little gathering we're having in freshers' week. Someone who is more organised than me (I am a lover of entropy) will give you details.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beck)

Yay! me too (though not at St Catz). What is you msn address?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beck)
    hey there!!! you looking forward to going down/up? i'm going to sidney, MML. got a friend who;s going to Catz for english

(Original post by Beck)
    hiya dude

i will be doing bio natsci too at pembroke. what modules are yo planning to take? are you a boy or a girl ?

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    I don't drink tea or coffee. Or alcohol in fact. Or anything fizzy, given a choice.

lol, coffee and alcohol make up most of my daily dietary intake

MB

(Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    I don't drink fizzy drinks either (although I will drink them if they are alcoholic. but i still dont really like them , and will almost never drink them plain)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Hi Beck. welcome to our (crazy) little world. You might want to come to our little gathering we're having in freshers' week. Someone who is more organised than me (I am a lover of entropy) will give you details.

MB
    *feels very cheeky* can i come? i think i missed the whole bit where an actual meetup was organised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Yay! me too (though not at St Catz). What is you msn address?
    Hi...its [email protected]

Which college r u going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beck)
    Hi...its [email protected]

Which college r u going to?

Why is that name so familiar?? Where are you from Beck?

Hi btw!

ReputationRep:
    Raaaaa! I finally got hold of the rooms lady today. She seems not to have received my e-mail etc, but turns out the Tutorial Bursar had put my name down but not contacted me. I can't have my room until the 28th, which means spending two days in Old Court. This in itself is quite cool but presents an interesting logistics problem of moving all my stuff from Old Court to the Colony once I finally am allowed in my real room. May have to go on the train with bare essentials and smile sweetly and flutter my eyelashes and get my parents to come up in the week with all my stuff. Grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Why is that name so familiar?? Where are you from Beck?

Hi btw!
    Lol I'm from Sheffield...and urself?

What r u going to study and where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Raaaaa! I finally got hold of the rooms lady today. She seems not to have received my e-mail etc, but turns out the Tutorial Bursar had put my name down but not contacted me. I can't have my room until the 28th, which means spending two days in Old Court. This in itself is quite cool but presents an interesting logistics problem of moving all my stuff from Old Court to the Colony once I finally am allowed in my real room. May have to go on the train with bare essentials and smile sweetly and flutter my eyelashes and get my parents to come up in the week with all my stuff. Grrrr.
    That's a pretty raw deal if your parents live far away. Speaking of raw deals: St Johns has stopped the bed linen cleaning service to save money.

ReputationRep:
    shropshire? VERY raw deal maybe take the bare essentials in one big suitcase, and have everything else in boxes/easy to carry containers?! enlist the help of some young lost international student perhaps?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    my plans for making friends include a stack of dvds, a large boombox, some martini and lemonade, and tea coffee biscuits. and an open door lol
    You're taking a dvd player? Do you have kill bill volume 2?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beck)
    Lol I'm from Sheffield...and urself?

What r u going to study and where?
    Hmmm, so familiar but I can't think who or why it would be. :confused:
    Well I have few connections in Sheffield, the uni was my insurance and my older sister has a medic friend up there...and I have a friend with Sheffield medic bf...

I'm going to be studying the best subject possible, archaeology (and anthropology) at Newnham

EDIT: I'm from Torfaen in S. Wales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoffender)
    You're taking a dvd player? Do you have kill bill volume 2?!
    no i'm going to play dvd's on my laptop...can't be bothered with a separate dvd player lol (plus the money could be better spent on shoes )
    and nope, sorry, don't have kill bill. either volume. haven't even seen the films lol

ReputationRep:
    That seems a bit silly, what are they using your room for?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.