Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking some Chinese tea leaves with me. Never had any this one before, looks like the quality sort. My mother's description is that one some granule of that stuff could could become one giant leaf.

camford, you make no sense to me.

willa, they are *******s and i hope you're ok. maybe youll have some hardcore bruises for cam and all the limpwristed feeble students will nominate you Most Ard Student of cambridge

ewan, I WANT A GRAN WITH A POLICE SCANNER!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    camford, you make no sense to me.

willa, they are *******s and i hope you're ok. maybe youll have some hardcore bruises for cam and all the limpwristed feeble students will nominate you Most Ard Student of cambridge

ewan, I WANT A GRAN WITH A POLICE SCANNER!!!!!!
    nah dont worry, they werent full blown punches, they were more like extremely hard knocks....it's like getting the wind knocked out of you. Not pleasent at all but tends not to leave bruises. I think i'm fine now, no sign of damage!

ReputationRep:
    Hooray - I had a succesful shopping trip and now have a filter coffee machine to take with me.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I just got myself a formal shirt with a bowtie (not self-tie) from Allder[strike] (can't remember) for £25. Now that I've sent back my DJ, I don't know what I'm going to do with the shirt.

Crana, I'm here to confuse not making sense. Beside, how do you make sense anyway? What's a police scanner? Is it that thing on their shoulders they use to talk to each other? If so, just find yourself a electronic expert.

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or is it impossible to login to hotmail atm?

EDIT: Fixed it...silly built in firewall!

ReputationRep:
    Will... My advice is to smack one of them as hard as you can. Especially if they are drunk it will incapacitate them long enough for you to run away. On the other hand, if you can't get away - at least you have the comfort of knowing you hurt one of them.

I hate the whole concept of fighting. Even if I could batter someone they are bound to get an opportunity to smack me at least once. That would hurt me. I don't like getting hurt, therefore I don't do fighting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Will... My advice is to smack one of them as hard as you can. Especially if they are drunk it will incapacitate them long enough for you to run away. On the other hand, if you can't get away - at least you have the comfort of knowing you hurt one of them.

I hate the whole concept of fighting. Even if I could batter someone they are bound to get an opportunity to smack me at least once. That would hurt me. I don't like getting hurt, therefore I don't do fighting...
    What happens if they insist?

ReputationRep:
    I once took a swing for my boyfriend, he ducked, I hit the wall behind him, and broke my hand. hehehe
    Needless to say he is no longer my boyfriend, but surprisingly, not as a result of that incident.
    I hasten to add that he deserved it, and I'm not normally a violent person

ReputationRep:

but if i hit one of them, surely they would all come after me....and properly beat me up. I'd like to think i could defend myself against maybe one person....but 4 people, no way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    but if i hit one of them, surely they would all come after me....and properly beat me up. I'd like to think i could defend myself against maybe one person....but 4 people, no way!
    They have to catch you first..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    They have to catch you first..........
    not worth risking them actually succeeding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    What happens if they insist?
    You fight. No other option. Always fight dirty. I remember a wee story from school...

Some dude had been giving me a lot of grief about being Irish. I walked right up to him so he couldn't see anything beneath my face and kneed him as hard as I could in the general scrotum area...

The punchline is that HE got suspended and I didn't

ReputationRep:
    I support you willa! Running away is always the thing to do. And take it from experience, trying to discuss with them why they just hit you is definatly not a good idea...

I actrually lied just then, I've never had that experience. hoever, in my head it sounded funny

ReputationRep:
    You fight. No other option. Always fight dirty. I remember a wee story from school...

Some dude had been giving me a lot of grief about being Irish. I walked right up to him so he couldn't see anything beneath my face and kneed him as hard as I could in the general scrotum area...

The punchline is that HE got suspended and I didn't
    I remember something from school too, ages ago but i was young then. I took on 4 lads 3 years older than me and almost beat them all, i fought dirty too. They all got suspended and i got an apology from the school, despite the fact i put 2 of them in hospital, still i was viscious. These days, having learned my lessons in practice well i go for the throat, sola plexus (sp.), groin, knee and kidneys and an other pressure sensitive points i can find. Usually gives people an incentive not to catch you when you decided to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Just like most Manchunians (sp?) I know...

ReputationRep:
    I keep my nails long and stick them in someone's neck if they try to pick a fight with me.

ReputationRep:
    Just like most Manchunians (sp?) I know...
    Damn straight. GRRRRRRRRR!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I keep my nails long and stick them in someone's neck if they try to pick a fight with me.
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    I took on 4 lads 3 years older than me and almost beat them all, i fought dirty too. They all got suspended and i got an apology from the school, despite the fact i put 2 of them in hospital, still i was viscious. These days, having learned my lessons in practice well i go for the throat, sola plexus (sp.), groin, knee and kidneys and an other pressure sensitive points i can find.
    Bloody hell, and to think I've been avoiding the townies on the way back from Cindies... I should have been looking out for Cambridge undergrads!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Bloody hell, and to think I've been avoiding the townies on the way back from Cindies... I should have been looking out for Cambridge undergrads!!
    Yea it's a common misconception that all Cam undergrads are wusses. Actually most of us are maniacal psycotic persons. No, we just know how to take care of ourselves, especially the Irish and Northerners!! (Wayhay!)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.