Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    {laughs evilly}
    Who us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Yea it's a common misconception that all Cam undergrads are wusses. Actually most of us are maniacal psycotic persons. No, we just know how to take care of ourselves, especially the Irish and Northerners!! (Wayhay!)
    well you're a brown belt in kung fu or whatever...mayhaps you can teach me some moves...i am very unskilled in self defence because i have always tried to avoid violence.

ReputationRep:
    I got my red belt aged 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well you're a brown belt in kung fu or whatever...mayhaps you can teach me some moves...i am very unskilled in self defence because i have always tried to avoid violence.
    Ju-jitsu friend. It's a cross of judo and karate. My specialties were quick strikes and ankle sweeps, i even beat sensai (teacher) once. It has been a few months since i did any practice, exams and that. You've just got to think nasty, where are the places on the human body which are sensitive and often not protected, then attack those. Joints are good usually.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actrually getting quite scared now. What's worse, as well as a suit, DJ, formal hall, may balls and fudge fees, it also seems I'm going to need my own personal body guard for cambridge as well. Or will you all just take pity on the little pool of a scared geek hiding in the corner and leave me alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor_Deity)
    I'm actrually getting quite scared now. What's worse, as well as a suit, DJ, formal hall, may balls and fudge fees, it also seems I'm going to need my own personal body guard for cambridge as well. Or will you all just take pity on the little pool of a scared geek hiding in the corner and leave me alone?
    I'm not a monstor you know, i just can handle myself. The only people i've ever beaten up all threw the first punch. I do actual prefer not to use what i know but some people respect little else. Plus Oldham can be a little rough at night.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek:
    am very scared! i'm beginning to wonder whether i should come to the ukl meetup at all in case i get beaten up/knifed!

i hope you're ok tho, will . that sounded like a nasty experience :eek: .

on a more happy note, i am no longer an orphan! i got a letter from my college dad! he's a Geography PhD student and has been at Selwyn for 5 years!

ReputationRep:
    yay for parents!!!!

and do come to the meet....michael will protect us with his ju-jitsu!!! (i think your name is michael!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yay for parents!!!!

and do come to the meet....michael will protect us with his ju-jitsu!!! (i think your name is michael!)
    Daniel. That's ok. You'd have to go back to the first page to check.

ReputationRep:
    *dances* I've just been to liverpool uni freshers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds ok. What have you been up to Alex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yay for parents!!!!

ok! but i may have to bring armed back up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    ok! but i may have to bring armed back up!
    That's fine. Chill out guys. As i said before i'm not a monster. Feed me alcohol and i'm all yours.

ReputationRep:
    Hola I'm Liliana.. (with only a week late it might be a bit late to join this thread but I thought I'd say hello anyway). I was at the london party thing on wednesday but I think I only met will.
    I'm really nervous about next week and I'm not sure the party thing helped.. but erm yeah. Meep.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl

Landed in sunny cali last night, and started my internship thingy today. It is AWESOME! Also shadowed my bro-in-law for a bit and saw a load of invasive cardio procedures! was sooooo coool!\

I'll post more later, I am totally shattered and jet lagged!

PS rosie: sorry I forgot to give u some masala before i left

ReputationRep:
    Night guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    *dances* I've just been to liverpool uni freshers
    how? why?! *is jealous*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Hey ppl

Landed in sunny cali last night, and started my internship thingy today. It is AWESOME! Also shadowed my bro-in-law for a bit and saw a load of invasive cardio procedures! was sooooo coool!\

I'll post more later, I am totally shattered and jet lagged!

PS rosie: sorry I forgot to give u some masala before i left
    heellloooo!!! grrr don't rub it in about the sunnyness....weather here is awful!!

ooh cardio procedures. nice n bloody...yummy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NarfExtreme)
    Hola I'm Liliana.. (with only a week late it might be a bit late to join this thread but I thought I'd say hello anyway). I was at the london party thing on wednesday but I think I only met will.
    I'm really nervous about next week and I'm not sure the party thing helped.. but erm yeah. Meep.
    yay the person in the stripy top....i do actually remember your name!!!
    Welcome to the thread. Don't worry about being nervous, we're all in the same boat, and i agree...the freshers party didnt help at all...it just made the whole thing seem really daunting, having to meet new people and rebuild friendships and stuff. Ah well. And clearly i will have no friends because I didnt like The OC!

ReputationRep:
    When I go to Cambridge i'm going to become Mr Stabby II. In Three years time I'll be Mr Stabby II Ba(cantab)

MB

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.