Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hehe!! did you jump in front of her and immediately propose with a jelly ring?
    Nothing so brave and gallavanting as that! My friend in the second year knew someone else who was thinking of doing the college parenting thing and proposed *for* me in Cindies (a Cambridge nightclub), under the pretence that he was just going to introduce me to someone he knew. I wasn't really involved in the decision and it was quite embarrassing :rolleyes: All I remember is that I kept repeating over and over again: "You know you don't have to, right?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    really?aww! what's it like?
    Very tacky. But it's made of real metal, and it has pretend gems in it. It's the thought that counts

(Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Didn't you say yesterday that you wouldn't mind going to the mighty Oxford? If they'll accept you of course.
    Shut urrrrrrp... anyway, you were the traitor first

And Steve, that's even less romantic than my proposal. Poor you, and poor girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ooh wedding ceremony...i is likin da sound of dat

ahem, sorry i'll get back to speaking normally now. i'm in such a weird mood tonight
    Yay we can be bridesmaids for each other!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    I might do what monica from in Friends did, make loads of cakes and stuff, and stick them outside my room in an effort to make friends...
    I had a similar idea, but involving flapjack. Mmm, flapjack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yay we can be bridesmaids for each other!
    Can I be a bridesmaid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Very tacky. But it's made of real metal, and it has pretend gems in it. It's the thought that counts

Shut urrrrrrp... anyway, you were the traitor first

And Steve, that's even less romantic than my proposal. Poor you, and poor girl!
    Not my fault. I would have done it in style if I had done it myself! Besides, I'm a busy person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i dont have parents
    but your real ones are cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Nothing so brave and gallavanting as that! My friend in the second year knew someone else who was thinking of doing the college parenting thing and proposed *for* me in Cindies (a Cambridge nightclub), under the pretence that he was just going to introduce me to someone he knew. I wasn't really involved in the decision and it was quite embarrassing :rolleyes: All I remember is that I kept repeating over and over again: "You know you don't have to, right?"
    aww i can't wait to do the whole college parenting thing..i must find myself a decent husband when i get there!! ooh so excited!!!

acaila- woo bridesmaids!! i like the idea of swapping roles!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Not my fault. I would have done it in style if I had done it myself! Besides, I'm a busy person!
    Yes, Cindies does indicate a very busy lifestyle :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was at Cambrisgew last week showig my sister and dad aorund and came across a really nice sandwich bar place called "Eat". They do some unique sandwiches and have a lot of seating room upstairs. I know its a bit too late, but why not have this CamSis meeting there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    aww i can't wait to do the whole college parenting thing..i must find myself a decent husband when i get there!! ooh so excited!!!

acaila- woo bridesmaids!! i like the idea of swapping roles!!
    Yay! We get to wear pretty dresses!
    Do you reckon there will actually be any guys at Cam that we don't scare off? D:

ReputationRep:
    just noticed - footie thread 6725 posts! we are nearly there guys!

oh and my Make Trade Fair tshirt came today! yay! i ordered it on thursday! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    How very studenty

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else going to be really dissapointed when people don't look like their Avatars? I hpe in particular that Acaila has blue(ish) hair and that Helenia is only a centemeter high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hmm...play the chocolate game! Or is that too simple?

Or you can have great fun making chocolate creatures. Get some marshmallow teacakes, or slices of chocolate swiss roll, and get buttons, jelly tots, writing icing, smarties, strawberry laces etc. Use a bit of melted chocolate to stick all these on for eyes, noses, legs etc, decorate them how they want to. Then at the end you get to eat them.

The chocolate game was the first idea (and indeed inspiration!) for my chocolate party!
    The creatures idea is more what I was heading for, I'll let there creativity run wild and just bring all the stuff. Of course I'll need to make sample animals so they can see the ideas and taste them to make sure they're safe and wotnot!
    My mum invited my mentor to the party, grr thinly veiled attempt make me fill in more of my record books and stuff.

I can't really get excited at the prospect of weddings in the second year, requires a hypothetical lifestyle change!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Another day of retail therapy in Manchester and i'm ready to strangle kids, scallies (chavs etc.) and people with clipboards. A tleast i got everything i wanted to get today. Tell you i've had it for this weekend though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minor_Deity)
    Is anyone else going to be really dissapointed when people don't look like their Avatars? I hpe in particular that Arcaila has blue(ish) hair and that Helenia is only a centemeter high
    I hope i don't look like mine.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else going to be really dissapointed when people don't look like their Avatars? I hpe in particular that Arcaila has blue(ish) hair and that Helenia is only a centemeter high
    I'd be so eternally happy if you were in fact a colourful cushion with eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, are you an evil magical creature trying to kill loads of Hobits with your vast army? Because if not, you're probably safe

ReputationRep:
    No, approximately 175 times bigger than my avatar (hopefully vertically not horizontally ) And my hair is shorter and I don't always wear a labcoat. And I'm not as cute, but in better resolution.

Katie, have fun, hope it works out!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.