Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Doubt it, unless you needed comparative anatomy between a dog and a cat or somethin. Too many films for you, good film though. I tried to get a poster of Puss in Boots for my room yesterday but they'd all gone, i was so upset.

Damn it think positive, Cam!! Try. I always here people saying things like "i won't get into Cambridge or Oxford" or "I can't do this". Just try.
    I got the DVD... No doubt a pirate copy. No extra features no nothing. But the quality is better than most p copies. So, it'll be a pleasent experience watching it, if you want to.

Cambridge... oh yes. I was all psyched up when I came up for the interview. Then I was all psyched down going home. Then I was all psyched up going into exams. Then I was all psyched down coming out of exam rooms. Then I was all psyched down going into results room. Then I was all psyched up coming out of it. So, now, I'm going to be all psyched down going into Cambridge and hopefully, I'll be all psyched up leaving Cambridge knowing that I am good... That's a long time away, yet. I'll just stay unconfident for a while. I like it that way, at least for now.

p.s. that's something I always say to other people when they think things are hard.

ReputationRep:
    I just sent an e-mail to the pemcake jpc president asking for my top tips sheet. She said she was going to send it during the "next week" on the 9th. Two weeks down the line, nothing came.

Where are my parents? I want my parents. :'(

Looks like I'm going to be employing two massive bags when I come up on the 3rd. I mean MASSIVE as in MASSIVE. I'm taking 12 CDs and my stereo plus 2 bags of DVD, if my ps let me. Need to find some taxi numbers before I go. Will definitely be proven useful.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, my parents have decided to hire a little van to take me and my brother up on the saturday as between us we have two french horns, a tenor saxophone, three guitars and a big valve amp. We'll have two computers, all our clothes and kitchen stuff. On top of that we'll need to get me, my brother and my parents to Cambridge (they BOTH insist on coming with)

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Yay, my parents have decided to hire a little van to take me and my brother up on the saturday as between us we have two french horns, a tenor saxophone, three guitars and a big valve amp. We'll have two computers, all our clothes and kitchen stuff. On top of that we'll need to get me, my brother and my parents to Cambridge (they BOTH insist on coming with)

MB
    Now imagine that neither of your parents can drive. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My parents are currently putting together a indoor clothes rack for trying clothes. It only got 4 pieces and they have been spending the last 40 minutes trying to put it together. I've never seen a standing one before so, I'm as useful as piece of wood. Well, if anyone know how to put together, could you post the instructions here please?

ReputationRep:
    YAY I now have SURROUND SOUND!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    and 244 days till im 19
    Happy birthday for then!

My birthday is in 7 days! This whole birthday in freshers' week is great, I'm already getting presents and people feel bad for not being with me on my birthday so have told me their plans to 'post something extra to open on the day!' I had a mini bottle of Moet this morning!

On the way up (across, up, diagnol!) I get to stop in at my best mates new student flat thingamy! She's only been gone a fortnight so pretty cool I get to see her so soon! It does break up the journey a bit so it's not just a silly visit!

I think I have too much stuff one of my mums suggested I bring everything I might miss as it's definitely worth the hassle, I think I've taken that a bit too far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    I think I have too much stuff one of my mums suggested I bring everything I might miss as it's definitely worth the hassle, I think I've taken that a bit too far!
    Not as far as MB, is it? :eek: God bless you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    YAY I now have SURROUND SOUND!!!!!
    There's a surround sound testing thingy on one of the DVD I have, fancy having a go? (Note: I think it's either Notting Hill or Tomb Raider.)

Does it sound good?

ReputationRep:
    Yay, new avatar and i have the profile picture of me sorted now too. Have a look, if you dare! Bwah, ha, ha, ha!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yay, new avatar and i have the profile picture of me sorted now too. Have a look, if you dare! Bwah, ha, ha, ha!!!!
    I can confirm that that is indeed, you

ReputationRep:
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I can confirm that that is indeed, you
    Thank you.

(Original post by Camford)
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    What's that then?

Went to a age = 60 birthday party yesterday. A fellow teacher from my mother's work place. Had a few cocktails... and then I realised, I need to increase my drinking capacity by at least 500% before the freshers' week starts...
    :

I'm not bothered. I can get drunk cheaply
    I'm not even meant to drink because im on medication.

Happy birthday for then!

My birthday is in 7 days! This whole birthday in freshers' week is great, I'm already getting presents and people feel bad for not being with me on my birthday so have told me their plans to 'post something extra to open on the day!' I had a mini bottle of Moet this morning!

On the way up (across, up, diagnol!) I get to stop in at my best mates new student flat thingamy! She's only been gone a fortnight so pretty cool I get to see her so soon! It does break up the journey a bit so it's not just a silly visit!

i was trying to really "pack light", i havent packed any junk to "decorate" my new room or anything.,.. only "essential stuff"... and i havent even packed half of it and it already looks like scarily lots

ReputationRep:
    What's that then?
    I dare not to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

Doesn't medication make the drinking more interesting?

MB

ReputationRep:
    I dare not to say.
    Come on, humour me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    It didn't cost me anything, except that my mum has to give her some present. She decided to give her some Chinese wine (45% by volume).

I like my town....
    With a little drop of poison...
    Nobody knows....
    they're lining up to go insane...

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday for then!

My birthday is in 7 days!
    2 days until mine - I win!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.