Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh I seem to buy things all in a oner. A while ago my mum spent over 250 quid getting me new gear for the summer (but I did badly need it and it will get used). Makes a change to my six year old Kappa fleece :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    'lo Acalia. I've tried that - mum's like "you're stockpiling for uni arent you? there is no way you can possibly need 7 pairs of trousers! its SUMMER!!"
    busted...
    Good evening Fulffstar (that's in retaliation! )

(Original post by Acaila)
    what is your actual name by the way? or is it really Acaila (v careful with spelling)

ReputationRep:
    Hehe well done
    It's Amy But that's a little too girly for me imo (no offence to Amy-Alys )

Hehe well done
    so do you like being called amy or do you go by a different name?

by the way how do yo pronounce your username? in my head it sounds bit like Arkela (cant spell) for scouts or whatever

ReputationRep:
    Well usually called Amy. Although that may change due to three Amys in my new drama class.

It's pronounced Ah(no r sound)-KAY-lah

EDIT: Look! 666 replies! I must be evil hehehehe muhahahahahah!

here is a picture of ralf as he still wants to be known, because he's being a bit of a mong and wont put it up himself

Well usually called Amy. Although that may change due to three Amys in my new drama class.

It's pronounced Ah(no r sound)-KAY-lah

EDIT: Look! 666 replies! I must be evil hehehehe muhahahahahah!
    maybe you could call yourself Aim. it sounds masculine like , erm. guns. maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Ralf? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    maybe you could call yourself Aim. it sounds masculine like , erm. guns. maybe.
    LOL that's nice. Perhaps :cool: Aim! Phear me for I am AIM!!!! heheh

Ralf? :confused:
    ralfskini

emma , bio natsci

ReputationRep:
    {slaps head} Duh!
    Scuse me. Having a blond day

ReputationRep:
    lol, none taken! everyone calls me Amy, not Amy-Alys, anyway

Willa- what happened to your site?:eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol, ya i forgot to worn you guys that my site goes down when i shut down my main pc....oops!
    So dont refresh the page after 10pm :P

ReputationRep:
    sorry!! obviously the part of my brain connecting my eyes to my hands has had some malfunction! hope i didnt offend you too much

ReputationRep:
    No one's in IRC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    There's a mixture of stuff... you just have to get good at looking for stuff Ooh and incidentally for cheap books there's an Oxfam bookshop on Sidney Street, which sometimes has useful stuff in, and Galloway and Porter pretty much next door (slightly damaged books, much cheaper than Heffers/Borders/Waterstones)

*trying to think of more cheap shops*
    I spent a hideous amount on clothes in Cambridge this last term I am usually very controlled, but there were a couple of occasions where I was going out and I had nothing suitable to wear, so I had to go and get new stuff. Also spent over £70 on new underwear wardrobe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I spent a hideous amount on clothes in Cambridge this last term I am usually very controlled, but there were a couple of occasions where I was going out and I had nothing suitable to wear, so I had to go and get new stuff. Also spent over £70 on new underwear wardrobe
    Yeah, I had a couple of "destressing shopping sprees" around exam time - oops Now actually have No Money for next year! Never mind, job fun this summer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yeah, I had a couple of "destressing shopping sprees" around exam time - oops Now actually have No Money for next year! Never mind, job fun this summer...
    Yeah, it was May Week parties and various birthdays that were the killer. Then I got a huge infected insect bite on my lower leg and couldn't wear my pretty skirt anyway. I really really need to sort out a job.

ReputationRep:
    it seems the ladies of cambridge spend an obscene amount every year on "nice dresses" for stuff like society and boat club dinners and may balls and stuff. some of my friends insist on getting new dresses for each and every event, even if it means beggaring themselves... odd people.

that said, first year males also tend to spend quite a bit on dinner jackets and stuff...

advice on dressing up, both to guys and girls: learn to tie a bowtie nicely, and you'll be a popular boy/girl come formal dinners... (too many people cop out and use clip-on bowties, imo)

* for guys coming up, consider investing in a black tie affair. i've used mine 5 times this past year alone - medsoc dinner, may ball, boat club dinner x3. renting it out would have cost GBP35-40 EACH TIME.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.