Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    What the **** are you talking about?
    You must hold on before you too go totally mad.... Too late

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    actually, why not just use a rewritable cd? 700mb!

i never managed to actually be able to rewrite them when i tried.

ReputationRep:
    Not all pcs have cd burners installed, besides, there's whole load of other hassles to consider when using a rewritable cd. For a start they are too slow. USB is much faster.

ReputationRep:
    because it's just easier to use hermes webmail. trust me. get a pen/external harddrive/rw cd if you want but you'll find hermes so easy. *humph*

(Original post by Camford)
    Not all pcs have cd burners installed, besides, there's whole load of other hassles to consider when using a rewritable cd. For a start they are too slow. USB is much faster.
    well, not all pcs have usb either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    yes I break them, it's my magic way with comptuers. I only work with word documents (as do my supervisors) so it's copy into word, save and attach with hermes. When you get back to your room later and remember you just open the email and get the document. I can't be arsed with a stupid pen thing.
    This woman presents a danger to the whole computer kind. Be Warned computers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i never managed to actually be able to rewrite them when i tried.
    yeah it can be problematic, and its a bit of an effort to save things on to a cd as well. :rolleyes:

btw have you tried gmail recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Yes, just conveniently tucked away in the nether regions of the computer. shunt out the tower in the computer room, lean over, shove in USB pen. Easy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Anything that's younger than 4 year should have them. Cambridge upgrade their computers regularly. So, you'd be hard pushed to find one without usb in the computer room.

About the list. I'm just trying to get into all the algorithm style layout.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it can be problematic, and its a bit of an effort to save things on to a cd as well. :rolleyes:

gmail is working fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    because it's just easier to use hermes webmail. trust me. get a pen/external harddrive/rw cd if you want but you'll find hermes so easy. *humph*
    i havent even got my own computer :rolleyes: so i dont think i'll be using anything! i was just contemplating the matter in case i ever did!

ReputationRep:

I can't even send a 1.5mb attachment via Gmail. It breaks down on me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, just conveniently tucked away in the nether regions of the computer. shunt out the tower in the computer room, lean over, shove in USB pen. Easy. :rolleyes:
    never presented a problem for me.

ReputationRep:
    gmail is working fine for me.
    grrr every time i click on the gmail link, it says the site is not available :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    never presented a problem for me.
    OK. But I'm just saying (as with most things) wait till you get here to find out what you need people! I bought a few things I've NEVER used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    question: would i probably find it useful to have one of those USB pen-drive whatsits if i'm going to be using uni PCs and the one in my room? or not?
    Just upload anything you need to share into your PWF directory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Just upload anything you need to share into your PWF directory.

I love Shiny

ReputationRep:
    OK. But I'm just saying (as with most things) wait till you get here to find out what you need people! I bought a few things I've NEVER used.
    Agreed. But my point was that USB drive is much easier than sending e-mails. Besides, you don't know how many people have read you e-mail before you got to read it. Am I the only one that's getting paranoid here?

ReputationRep:
    grrr every time i click on the gmail link, it says the site is not available :mad:
    http://gmail.google.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    2 days until mine - I win!
    45 days till I turn 18. Beat that

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.