Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Guidey stuff as in Girlguiding UK, see CUSAGC thread from about a week ago on this section, at least I think it was about a week ago!? I bombarded Helenia with questions, which she kindly answered.
    I plan to carry on helping with Brownies so will need certain stuff like my Leadership Training pack, Warrant Card, CRB check stuff, as well as uniform (urgh) and some activity/games/songs/craft ideas. It sounds a lot but it's really not that much.

Clothes wise; I'm not spoilt for choice in that department, what I have now I am bringing, it won't take up much space.

Documents. I have things like all my bank statements, passport, loan & grant stuff, driving stuff, NHS card (new!), insurance stuff, subscription stuff for magazines, exam certificates, college & uni stuff, copy of my ucas form. (still paranoid they've made a mistake!) My mum wants to move house before Christmas, so I've decided I'm better off keeping anything important with me than letting anyone else pack it up for me in my absence!

Duvet, hmmm, I want to take mine and I will if there is room! I got so cold the night before my interview; it was more of a blanket than a duvet!

I'm not bothering with a phone, I hate talking on them and I have my mobile if people want to phone me! But I am going to get a clothes rack thing, I will not be ironing!

I suddenly feel less disorganised! :confused:
    hehe me neither...i got mine from argos, it's only about a tenner for two of them. i've been advised to take a duvet...dunno how cold my accomodation will be, or how high quality a duvet i'll get.

nhs card? did you send off for that or get given one automatically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Wow, finally. Somebody has noticed what I've said. I feel so happy and honoured. Thanks for reading my posts.

first one was "people ain't no good". Twice, indeed.
    Heh, I'm a music fanatic! (Though shamefully bad at music myself!) I notice these things! I often try and get lyrics randomly inserted into normal conversation just to see if anyone else would notice as I would! Shrek II soundtrack is alright, prefer the first to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hehe me neither...i got mine from argos, it's only about a tenner for two of them. i've been advised to take a duvet...dunno how cold my accomodation will be, or how high quality a duvet i'll get.

nhs card? did you send off for that or get given one automatically?
    My mum sorted it out for me so I have no idea; she's a nurse and good at all that stuff where as I am not! I don't really know how necessary it will be I'm only taking it as I have complicated joints; it's easier if they can just look it all up for themselves if they need to!

I don't think I have ever posted so much in one go! :eek: Sorry folks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently looking at one gigantic suitcase and one slightly less gigantic suitcase but still gigantic. I still don't know what's in them and there they are. Heavier than me. I don't know how much you guys are taking, but, this is insane, I think. I bet, the size of my largage is laughable. Somehow, I am convinced that I'll be laughable when I get to Cambridge on 3rd.
    i reckon most of my non-clothes stuff would fit in a big suitcase, excluding my computer.

ReputationRep:
    My mum sorted it out for me so I have no idea; she's a nurse and good at all that stuff where as I am not! I don't really know how necessary it will be I'm only taking it as I have complicated joints; it's easier if they can just look it all up for themselves if they need to!

I don't think I have ever posted so much in one go! :eek: Sorry folks!
    katie, what's complicated about your joints? feel free to either PM me or just not say at all if its too personal! just sounds familiar..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Evenin folks, just got back from seein Hero and dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Very Oriental evening. Did i miss much?
    No, except that Crana's got all cross with me, again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    i reckon most of my non-clothes stuff would fit in a big suitcase, excluding my computer.
    one suitcase?! all mine is in boxes....rather large boxes, at that

ReputationRep:
    No, except that Crana's got all cross with me, again.
    Nothin much then really. Good film by the way. Hero that is. Beautiful photography, stunning fight scenes and a serious attitude. It was only spoiled by the idoits sat at the back of the cinema gigglin. GRRRRRRRRR!! :mad: Claire (person i was with) almost killed them.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I'm a music fanatic! (Though shamefully bad at music myself!) I notice these things! I often try and get lyrics randomly inserted into normal conversation just to see if anyone else would notice as I would! Shrek II soundtrack is alright, prefer the first to be honest
    I'm a classical fan despite the fact that I got some 1.5 GB of mp3 files on my drive. I don't buy things from shop if I can get it for free. Typical IT guy behaviour as expected.
    I'm taking 12 CDs and my stereo, worth £25, to Cambridge. Unless you like Vivaldi, Bruch and Mozart, you shouldn't borrow things from me.

ReputationRep:
    camforf of course im not cross with you

prioya, im not actually putting my stuff in a suitcase, but i was just saying it probably would fit if i did (because camford was going on about it).

i think im going for the boxes route too. maybe i should see if i can borrow one of those things off my dad - I dont know what hey are called - they are like a tall narrow trolley you can put stuff on ? to get it all in my room in as few trips as possible

pollo/camford: i had free tickets to see hero.. but i was at work when it was on *cries*

ReputationRep:
    pollo/camford: i had free tickets to see hero.. but i was at work when it was on *cries*
    It's worth a look, more than worth it in fact. Even if you have to pay for it i'd go and see it. It's far better than most of the movies on at the moment. I had to pay for dinner so it amounts to the same thing really.

ReputationRep:
    Nothin much then really. Good film by the way. Hero that is. Beautiful photography, stunning fight scenes and a serious attitude. It was only spoiled by the idoits sat at the back of the cinema gigglin. GRRRRRRRRR!! :mad: Claire (person i was with) almost killed them.
    Last month, someone came over from China. If I knew that film was good and I'd have asked her to buy it for me... . Is the conversation in English?

ReputationRep:
    camforf of course im not cross with you

prioya, im not actually putting my stuff in a suitcase, but i was just saying it probably would fit if i did (because camford was going on about it).

i think im going for the boxes route too. maybe i should see if i can borrow one of those things off my dad - I dont know what hey are called - they are like a tall narrow trolley you can put stuff on ? to get it all in my room in as few trips as possible

I'll see if I can find someone to buy it on DVD from China when my next year's shipping arrives. Which should be about May time.

ReputationRep:
    katie, what's complicated about your joints? feel free to either PM me or just not say at all if its too personal! just sounds familiar..
    It's not so bad these days; the doctors were right, I have mostly grown out of it. It's not that I'm embarrassed (nothing really to be embarassed about) but I'll PM you any details to save everyone else the boredom!

ReputationRep:
    Claire (person i was with) almost killed them.
    That would have been a good fight scene.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Last month, someone came over from China. If I knew that film was good and I'd have asked her to buy it for me... . Is the conversation in English?
    i dont think so. thom said it was subtitled in english. so i presume the conversation isnt in english.

ReputationRep:
    Subtitled. As crana says, the soundtrack's still in chinese, it add character to the film but you have to awake to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll see if I can find someone to buy it on DVD from China when my next year's shipping arrives. Which should be about May time.
    wouldnt it be easier just to download it off imesh or similar? (imesh is a bit crap cos of the spyware tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    That would have been a good fight scene.

MB
    Damn straight, she would've beaten them too. She's half French and Half Australian and has a vindictive streak a mile wide (her words). You don't won't to be on her bad side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    one suitcase?! all mine is in boxes....rather large boxes, at that
    It's alright for you if your parents can drive. Mine can't!! I can't use boxes, that would be silly and slow moving them in and out of a train carridge. By the way, I should arrive at the Cambridge train station about 15:25. So, here I am, pleading for a lift... :rolleyes: Anyway, I got the taxi numbers.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.