Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
you talk about what to do?

mamma mia ai ai ai. ok taking into account my appalling below gcse vocab levels....something to do with women. i think. it's very coloquial/dialectial though. and it's all in formal address...some sort of petrarchan sonnet type thing perhaps?

on the whole, utterly confusing but thanks...my translation skills are pretty shoddy, would help if i'd actually looked at my italian reading :rolleyes:
It is opera, you're bound not to be able to do quite a bit of it.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Right, well I don't understand any of that but I have the EMI Maria Callas said to be one of the best recording of it. On real can-touch-them CDs. I hate music files cause I lost all of mine (
That's the one I borrowed. I saved it as CD Image to avoid any loss of quality.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Minor_Deity)
Wah! I can't keep up! And what's worse, all the music I can think about right now is the theme tune from Tiny Planets! I took me ages to read up to here, and everytime I refresh the page there's like 3 more posts! I'm having a UKL (sorry, TSR) overload! :eek:
That's ok, neither can we, it just looks like we can.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
That's the one I borrowed. I saved it as CD Image to avoid any loss of quality.
Compsci's!!! :rolleyes:
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
you talk about what to do?

mamma mia ai ai ai. ok taking into account my appalling below gcse vocab levels....something to do with women. i think. it's very coloquial/dialectial though. and it's all in formal address

on the whole, utterly confusing but thanks...my translation skills are pretty shoddy, would help if i'd actually looked at my italian reading :rolleyes:

Edit: aha it's from an opera

It's a servant telling an aristocratic woman (who his master has slept with) about all the women who his master has ****ed - ends up repeating "in espagna mille e tre" rather a lot
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
Compsci's!!! :rolleyes:
So? I destroy computers for a living.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Right, well I don't understand any of that but I have the EMI Maria Callas said to be one of the best recording of it. On real can-touch-them CDs. I hate music files cause I lost all of mine (

Maria Callas was great.

MB
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I really should go now. Otherwise my mother will strike upon me with furious anger and I shall know that her name is the lord...
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So? I destroy computers for a living.
I know the feelin, i've worked in IT support before.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
It's a servant telling an aristocratic woman (who his master has slept with) about all the women who his master has ****ed - ends up repeating "in espagna mille e tre" rather a lot
Now we're enlightened. That's Don Giovanni for you.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
lol. ah well, at least i got the numbers right :rolleyes:
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I really should go now. Otherwise my mother will strike upon me with furious anger and I shall know that her name is the lord...
LOLOLOLOL

you know half of that is made up?
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Now we're enlightened. That's Don Giovanni for you.
Well more t the point Mozart was commenting on the arstocracy of his age (this was of course very soon after the French revolution)

MB
Minor_Deity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Posted by Musicboy
Isn't it strange how all these things that sound grand or intelligant, really just boil down to sex?
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's ok, neither can we, it just looks like we can.
me neither....here's my little marker for when i come back to this (gonna check some other places first before i come back here) lord it's never been this busy has it?
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Isn't it strange how all these things that sound grand or intelligant, really just boil down to sex?
not really- to many people, sex was grand and intelligent. especially in the case of this master from don giovanni
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

lots of things in Mozart boil down to sex and **** - often a combination of the two if you read his letters. He was into copraphilia/faecophilia (I know the two words mean the same but I don't know which one you peoplee will be familiar with)

MB
Minor_Deity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Actrually, thinking about it, no. It's not strange at all.

Grrr! There's a big fly which keeps getting attracted to my monitor. :mad:
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
argh stop talking so much...i cant keep up

someone summarise the past 5 pages please!
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
argh stop talking so much...i cant keep up

someone summarise the past 5 pages please!

Me ranting about opera, Geoff is a transexual, Maria Callas is good, Priya is good at italian, Don Giovanni was a player.

MB
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.92%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.54%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.38%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
21.08%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (38)
10.27%
I haven't started researching yet (40)
10.81%

Watched Threads