Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoffender)
    Ouch... that just triggered it for me, this time in four days i'll be at Cambridge, and I won't be coming home for 2 months... . I'm scared, I dunno if I want to go any more!! Anyone else getting increasingly worried?! although to be honest, one minute i'll really excited, and the next terrified!!

Nice one on the driving test btw, that's something I'm glad I never have to do again... unless I forget how to drive when i'm at cambridge!
    I've been through excited, daunted, worried, anxious, and now i'm at "stressed"...because of the remaining things i need to get done, none of it is going according to plan...it's all gonna be one horrid last minute rush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    and now i'm at "stressed"...because of the remaining things i need to get done, none of it is going according to plan...it's all gonna be one horrid last minute rush!
    True story, I'm really stressed about packing things, I've barely started! I just know I'm going to end up taking things that are nice to have but I don't really need, and forgetting the stuff I really do need!

Oh, and the fact that I'm really stuggling with this maths booklet they have sent me isn't helping matters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I've been through excited, daunted, worried, anxious, and now i'm at "stressed"...because of the remaining things i need to get done, none of it is going according to plan...it's all gonna be one horrid last minute rush!
    I go through stages of 'agh' and 'yey!', but today is a 'yey!' day because I met one of my friend's primary school friends today who is also coming to Newnham and she's sooooooooooooooooo lovely - yey!

Plus cake is on the menu this evening in my household .

ReputationRep:
    True story, I'm really stressed about packing things, I've barely started! I just know I'm going to end up taking things that are nice to have but I don't really need, and forgetting the stuff I really do need!

Oh, and the fact that I'm really stuggling with this maths booklet they have sent me isn't helping matters...

Are you doing Natsci? Because I am doing the natsci maths booklet at the moment and I have forgotten everything!! Which college are you going to Im going to Newnham!
    Im terrified at the moment, help!! I cant find half the things that I have to take, and I havent read much of the reading list, what about u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You told us at some point on here :rolleyes: And you're right, there are some Caians in my group, including a few I know, which is good Just didn't think to look that high up the list If you're really interested, pm me your hermes addy and I'll try and send you the list. Our actual timetable doesn't look as bad as I'd feared, though obviously I haven't had supervisions etc sorted yet. Just Fridays are a nightmare.

Have moved into my new room. Not ecstatic I must say - there is some plaster flaking off the wall and I'm still trying to work out how best to arrange the furniture so I can actually move around my room. Off to Addies now - neurology patients to interview!

I think I might know who MadLy is but I'm still not sure. You know who I am though, so you're onto a good start!
    just add 31 to my name. the timetable's not actually that bad... slightly worse than i had last year, but still much more tolerable than i expected... too bad i've got 2 afternoons this year though - last year all i had was fortnightly histo on monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    I go through stages of 'agh' and 'yey!', but today is a 'yey!' day because I met one of my friend's primary school friends today who is also coming to Newnham and she's sooooooooooooooooo lovely - yey!

Im going to Newnham too, what are doing? Im doing nat sci! Im having an 'agh' day I think I want to stay at home! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexm)
    Im going to Newnham too, what are doing? Im doing nat sci! Im having an 'agh' day I think I want to stay at home! lol
    Geography . Are you doing bio or phys natsci?

ReputationRep:
    Geography . Are you doing bio or phys natsci?
    Phys natsci, I am going on saturday, what about you? I am trying to pack stuff at the moment but I dont know how much to take!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I go on Sunday with most of the rest of the Arts students. Have yet to start packing, tough...

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday!

(can't remember when you said it was two days away though!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexm)
    Phys natsci, I am going on saturday, what about you? I am trying to pack stuff at the moment but I dont know how much to take!! :confused:
    i'm packing/repacking a lot. i've filled 2 huge suitcases now....ooops. plus numerous boxes..i had to switch everything from big boxes to fruit crates, to make stacking/carrying easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Happy birthday!

(can't remember when you said it was two days away though!)
    Thank you . It was all good until someone said '1 year until you're 20'!

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey guys....

Had to log in and check an old PM regarding how good pubs are in Cambridge.....just for reference....so i thought i'd pop my head in and give you guys all an update!

Well done Amy!!! How many minors?? I passed last friday with 6..it's a great feeling isn't it!!!

Just been to the dentists for 2 fillings....and now my lip is completely numb!! Feels really weird.....i like prodding it and pulling at is completely pain free....but then i get scared that i pulling my lip off....so i stop....

Only 4 more days now!!! I will be moving up incredibly early on the saturday....leaving the house at around 6-6:30ish to beat the damn traffic restrictions in cambridge town centre! :mad:

I notice we have a couple of new posters on the thread (which by the way is ENORMOUS!! looks like you didn't need my spamming ability after all!!!), so welcome to you guys.....sorry i left before you started posting....but maybe i'll see you at the UKL meetup next wed??

Erm....aside from that..and last minute shopping for uni.....that's my lot....i'm so excited now!!!! Cannae wait!!!!

Laters ppl

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Hey hey guys....

Had to log in and check an old PM regarding how good pubs are in Cambridge.....just for reference....so i thought i'd pop my head in and give you guys all an update!

Well done Amy!!! How many minors?? I passed last friday with 6..it's a great feeling isn't it!!!

Just been to the dentists for 2 fillings....and now my lip is completely numb!! Feels really weird.....i like prodding it and pulling at is completely pain free....but then i get scared that i pulling my lip off....so i stop....

Only 4 more days now!!! I will be moving up incredibly early on the saturday....leaving the house at around 6-6:30ish to beat the damn traffic restrictions in cambridge town centre! :mad:

I notice we have a couple of new posters on the thread (which by the way is ENORMOUS!! looks like you didn't need my spamming ability after all!!!), so welcome to you guys.....sorry i left before you started posting....but maybe i'll see you at the UKL meetup next wed??

Erm....aside from that..and last minute shopping for uni.....that's my lot....i'm so excited now!!!! Cannae wait!!!!

Laters ppl

G
    OH MY GOD IT'S GEOFF!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexm)
    Are you doing Natsci? Because I am doing the natsci maths booklet at the moment and I have forgotten everything!! Which college are you going to Im going to Newnham!
    Im terrified at the moment, help!! I cant find half the things that I have to take, and I havent read much of the reading list, what about u?
    Yeah I'm doing physical natsci at st johns. Phew- I'm not the only one that's forgotten almost everything then! Not only that- but I'm finding that booklet difficult in general, and I did maths and further maths, theres some questions on there where I don't even understand what they are asking you to do!! I borrowed a feynman book from someone, but it wasn't one of the ones on the reading list- I couldn't find any! I got half way through the book, partly cos I barely understood any of it (it was v confusing), and partly cos I got a book about the Apollo astronauts which I couldn't wait to start. And don't worry, I'm pretty terrified too!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing physical natsci at st johns. Phew- I'm not the only one that's forgotten almost everything then! Not only that- but I'm finding that booklet difficult in general, and I did maths and further maths, theres some questions on there where I don't even understand what they are asking you to do!! I borrowed a feynman book from someone, but it wasn't one of the ones on the reading list- I couldn't find any! I got half way through the book, partly cos I barely understood any of it (it was v confusing), and partly cos I got a book about the Apollo astronauts which I couldn't wait to start. And don't worry, I'm pretty terrified too!!
    what four modules are you lot taking for nat sci?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    OH MY GOD IT'S GEOFF!
    seconded!
    well done on passing, geoff, if you ever come online again! it is a great feeling .it was 9 minors, btw, which is quite funny cos i got 4 for the test i failed (and 1 major obv. :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    seconded!
    well done on passing, geoff, if you ever come online again! it is a great feeling .it was 9 minors, btw, which is quite funny cos i got 4 for the test i failed (and 1 major obv. :rolleyes: )
    Ta...main reason i left was to see if i could leave this place once i got to uni.....and i reckon i could....and having seen my post count on this thread get to 980 odd...i figure...why not make it 1000 before uni ...so i'll be posting every now and then till 1000 on the thread

G

ReputationRep:
    Question to all the Newnhamites here - have you been sent the paper copy of teh Cambridge SU Freshers Guide?

ReputationRep:
    I am yet again, stuck in the library due to the lack of organistion present at this establishment. Yesterday, the dude turned up at 4pm :rolleyes: and I had to leave at half-past. Wonderful.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.