Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Cheers for the info....that clears things up for me!

G
    ditto!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    ditto!
    Kathy..come onto mIRC..we're having ourselves a discussion!!

G

3 Amys in one class....that's nothing.....my form in yr7 through to yr11 had 5 Daniels!!!! 5!!! We called them all by their surname...was so much easier.....and we still do

G
    We had 5 Katies in year 4 - and it doesn't sound quite as good to call girls by their surnames, generally..

(Original post by Helenia)
    Girls spend more than boys on these things because you can't wear the same dress in the same company twice! :eek: .
    I probably will be... does anyone really care that much? I never remember what other people wear

You could follow one girl in my school tho - she had a white dress for Y11 prom, ball in Y12 she dyed it pale blue, then it was purple or something this year... hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I probably will be... does anyone really care that much? I never remember what other people wear

You could follow one girl in my school tho - she had a white dress for Y11 prom, ball in Y12 she dyed it pale blue, then it was purple or something this year... hehehe
    I don't know. I care though - I wouldn't want to drag the same old dress out on every occasion, even though it is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    We had 5 Katies in year 4 - and it doesn't sound quite as good to call girls by their surnames, generally..
    Lol...i agree...boys surnames you can get away with...not so with girls.

Come onto chat Rosie....loads of ppl are in there!

G

I don't know. I care though - I wouldn't want to drag the same old dress out on every occasion, even though it is nice.
    no sorry I meant does everyone else really care that much if you wear the same thing or is it more a personal thing?

I have got 1 ballgown (but it cant be cleaned in any way, apparently) and a couple of smartish dresses i never wear anyway so if i rotate them i should be ok... do you think?

i just don't want to leave with loads of dresses that don't even fit me any more that I have paid loads for and they all end up in oxfam..if you get me?

I'd try getting a DJ but I look a bit too manly, i think. people would think i actually was a man instead of a funky androgenous style godess...

G
    In the year below me at school there are 2 girls called Sarah Morgan! what confusion! (& then cambridge hooked me up with someone who has the same medical conditionas me, cos i was sorting out all the stuff for it etc & she's the only other student they've had with it! so they put me in touch with her to swap tips etc.. and guess what.....she's called sarah morgan too!)

so anyone with the surname morgan - DO NOT CALL YOUR CHILD SARAH!

unfortunately for me, iI share my name with a sexual health educator in the US who is EXTREMELY annoying (search for Rosemary Prentice and see if you can find her condom demonstrations)

but my shortened name seems to be unique on google, at any rate!

I spose awhat you wre saying earlier with the very very english 1st name and typical chinese middle name must produce some unique names...

or like my friends mum who is indian (i think? maybe pakistani? i dunno) and she wanted to give her children names from both cultures.. so my friend got called Sharonjeet...Sharon, plus a typical suffix in the names of that culture, "jeet"

hehehe

G
    oh sorry i forgot the end but

i might chat later but i need a shower & tdy my room my boyfriend is coming over and i and my room are both a tip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    oh sorry i forgot the end but

i might chat later but i need a shower & tdy my room my boyfriend is coming over and i and my room are both a tip
    mayb see ya later den rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    no sorry I meant does everyone else really care that much if you wear the same thing or is it more a personal thing?

I have got 1 ballgown (but it cant be cleaned in any way, apparently) and a couple of smartish dresses i never wear anyway so if i rotate them i should be ok... do you think?
    Should definitely be ok for starters. Whether you choose to add to the collection later is up to you. I will be getting a new May Ball dress next year.

Should definitely be ok for starters. Whether you choose to add to the collection later is up to you. I will be getting a new May Ball dress next year.
    cool, cool. I think I should be ok. at least i will wear the clothes i never get round to wearing at the moment

I can't make the chat work off willas website...anyone help?

dont really want to download Mirc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

i just clicked on the link on gzftan's first post. did that not work for you?

i just clicked on the link on gzftan's first post. did that not work for you?
    yeah, I went on the link and to the chatroomy bit on the website, but I keep getting messages along the lines of "cannot connect" from that bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    yeah, I went on the link and to the chatroomy bit on the website, but I keep getting messages along the lines of "cannot connect" from that bit
    dunno then! i'm really sorry! im not a techie...theres noone on there now - willa's gone out and im reading (again...not going out in the storm to the gym ) so you're not really missin much

dunno then! i'm really sorry! im not a techie...theres noone on there now - willa's gone out and im reading (again...not going out in the storm to the gym ) so you're not really missin much
    hehe never mind then! Another time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Most colleges require you to wear a suit for Formal, so it depends how often you go to Formal hall. Oh, and you'll need a suit for matriculation at the start of term so don't leave sorting that til you get up!
    interesting comment, true in most cases, but not at Caius... ahhh... the wonders of turning up in shorts, T-shirt, sandals and gown for formal hall. class. (frequent sight in summer)

how frequently do you use suits? depends on how frequently you go for formal halls, really. on average, expect a couple of times a term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

congrats on ur 1000th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    interesting comment, true in most cases, but not at Caius... ahhh... the wonders of turning up in shorts, T-shirt, sandals and gown for formal hall. class. (frequent sight in summer)

how frequently do you use suits? depends on how frequently you go for formal halls, really. on average, expect a couple of times a term.
    Hmm. Gown... and shorts. Yes... Interesting take on the 'Formal' Hall there Weird how two of the poshest looking/sounding colleges - King's and Caius - have some of the most informal formal halls...

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.