Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    Hey guys, i'm back from the docs. I hate cycling uphill, my legs feel like they're gonna drop off. Back to ironing now too. Anyhoo, just had an MMR injection, it was suggested in the medical thing i got and i've only ever had 1.
    hmm. i've had 2 aparantly, although not sure if the 1994 one covered mumps. ah well. i'll check with my docs and get it done at xmas if i need to, i've deffo had 2 though (i think...)

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, went into school today to say goodbye to some people/give a few things back. lord i miss that place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hmm. i've had 2 aparantly, although not sure if the 1994 one covered mumps. ah well. i'll check with my docs and get it done at xmas if i need to, i've deffo had 2 though (i think...)
    Well i knew i'd had one and then a boost for measles and rubella or somethin like at school. My doctor took a while decidin but eventually gave it me. You know it took me longer to find somewhere to lock my bike up near the doctors than to ride down there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    At my college you're forced to sign up with doctors in cam, so they dealt with things like that then.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Why was no one at Life tonight? (apart from the fact it was LBG night, which was..... interesting)
    Because Life is by repute (never actually made it there myself) fairly poor. Mind you, I got to eat pizza and watch Zoolander (possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen) with the boaties, which was hardly the most fun night ever. What can I do tonight, I'm bored?

(Original post by MadLy)
    So back to the drawing board I suppose.... Not that you wont end up knowing/that I mind! You will have to join a drinking society to venture into other colleges now!
    I think I need to work on my liver a little more, it's had a very easy summer and is not prepared for the onslaught that is going to be Freshers' Week. You could just randomly point and laugh at me, which would probably work

On one side thats sounds good, but on a 'less-worthy' side thats not so rosy ...even if it is for some 'random' people
    Erm...it's not that you're less worthy in general, it's just that I wanna be with certain friends etc from last year. No personal offence intended!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    At my college you're forced to sign up with doctors in cam, so they dealt with things like that then.

Alaric.
    True but i don't want too much hastle.

ReputationRep:
    One of the history teachers from my school (she never actually taught me but she was the one that encouraged me to do it on my own and to try for Cambridge) has just phoned me to wish me well! :eek: I'd written cards last week and I think she'd only just received hers (grr lazy little sister, lol) she seemed quite choked! She's asked if I'll go back to school next year and give a little talk to anyone else who might want to apply and also if they can email me any questions!

Everything today is making it all seem so real! I have butterflies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Because Life is by repute (never actually made it there myself) fairly poor. Mind you, I got to eat pizza and watch Zoolander (possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen) with the boaties, which was hardly the most fun night ever. What can I do tonight, I'm bore
    I've got some nice Cambridge lycras that need washing if you're interested?

ReputationRep:
    Okay all fresher Natscis:
    Have you done the maths book/reading list?
    I want to know if I'm worrying without reason

ReputationRep:
    Reading list: I have not made an effort in any way to read any of the books from there....they are far from mandatory, and only serve as a general introduction, something I think I can cope with not having before I turn up. It is only by coincidence that I have read a couple of those books already

Maths Workbook: My college decided that it didnt want it's students doing the maths workbook. I got a copy off it anyway off the net, and I tackled a few questions just for revision purposes. Once again, doing this will help you settle in quicker, but is by no means a requirement....it just depends how quickly you can get back into the swing of things. Personally I'm taking quite a few of my old maths textbooks, so I havent got a problem if I get stuck on a basic a-level question!

ReputationRep:
    yay i can cross some more things off my list now....i've got the toiletries i needed, and the shirt and tie!

not much left....i think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yay i can cross some more things off my list now....i've got the toiletries i needed, and the shirt and tie!

not much left....i think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    I know what you mean, i'm almost ready to pack all my stuff now. The ironing is just about finished.

ReputationRep:
    i only have to find the right number of t-shirts clothes wise (this may involve purhcasing a couple of cheap ones just to be sure).

Apart from that I only need to get this damn speaker system sorted, along with my acoustic guitar. I will buy trainers when I get there, but take my old worn out pair for now! Ooo I cant believe how close I am to being ready!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Reading list: I have not made an effort in any way to read any of the books from there....they are far from mandatory, and only serve as a general introduction, something I think I can cope with not having before I turn up. It is only by coincidence that I have read a couple of those books already

Maths Workbook: My college decided that it didnt want it's students doing the maths workbook. I got a copy off it anyway off the net, and I tackled a few questions just for revision purposes. Once again, doing this will help you settle in quicker, but is by no means a requirement....it just depends how quickly you can get back into the swing of things. Personally I'm taking quite a few of my old maths textbooks, so I havent got a problem if I get stuck on a basic a-level question!
    Wow- I wish I had your confidence!

ReputationRep:
    look...if any of it was "MUST READ" or "MUST DO" work, it would have been properly labelled up. But they didnt, and talking to lots of people who are already there, there really isnt any pre-term requirements when it coems to reading or maths work. Just relax for now....and you and me can stress together in a weeks time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    that'll do

can you make your sig a little bit smaller?
    done

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    done

MB
    Wow you listened to her .

ReputationRep:
    I haven't finished my reading or listening - I think I might work through freshers' week.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    I've got some nice Cambridge lycras that need washing if you're interested?
    Hmmm, tempting but no. I'm not your ***** today.

MB - I think you just committed treason. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    look...if any of it was "MUST READ" or "MUST DO" work, it would have been properly labelled up. But they didnt, and talking to lots of people who are already there, there really isnt any pre-term requirements when it coems to reading or maths work. Just relax for now....and you and me can stress together in a weeks time
    Sorry - am getting really scared about the maths, thats all.
    Am finding the maths workbook really hard.
    The rest of it is fine

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.