Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So what day is it you're all going up?
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
I'm going up on friday but i don't move in until saturday.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not long now
How are you feeling?
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sunday
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BazTheMoney)
I actually wore bright pink Westminster ones today, though they don't need to be washed just yet. Though by the looks of it, I'm going to be wearning my oxford ones on Friday.

ps. This thread must be longer than the Football one now!?
Will you survive the experience? Will such treason be allowed?

And yes, we are far past the football thread now! Go us!
androidkiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
I'm going up on friday but i don't move in until saturday.
Snap. Staying at a little B&B outside the City to make sure I get a proper sleep and breakfast.

Although I'll probably panic and not be able to sleep or eat!
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Will you survive the experience? Will such treason be allowed?
I hope so. Looks like I don't have much of a choice. I'll have to go home on Monday to get some more.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BazTheMoney)
I hope so. Looks like I don't have much of a choice. I'll have to go home on Monday to get some more.
Can't you just get Mummy to post them? I've got Daddy bringing a carload of my junk tomorrow, I don't know where it's all going to go!
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not long now
How are you feeling?
Excited to the point of insanity. A little nervous but not too bad as well.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
Snap. Staying at a little B&B outside the City to make sure I get a proper sleep and breakfast.

Although I'll probably panic and not be able to sleep or eat!
Travelodge for me, high class y'know.
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Can't you just get Mummy to post them? I've got Daddy bringing a carload of my junk tomorrow, I don't know where it's all going to go!
But I really need them sharpish, the post down our way is unpredictable to say the least. I have hundreds of lycras, just all but 3 of them are 100 miles away.
Minor_Deity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not long now
How are you feeling?
Staurday! And I'm pritty much feeling: :cool: :confused: :eek: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:. Hmm, yeh. That sums it up nicely.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ARGH I have such a dilemma on my hands. I have to choose between two speaker systems. I CANT CHOOSE!

System 1: £80 from argos. 100W total output. Onboard Dolby Digital Decoder, with fancy remote control. But the speakers hiss audibly when not in use....but maybe I would get used to this.

System 2: £70 from mail-order. But cost £9 to deliver, and probably about £5 to return if I decided to keep system 1. Analogue without decoder (but my computer outputs enough channels to give 5.1 surround sound). Hisses less. Has headphone socket! But is a weaker system, at 90W total output.

So far listening to both, they both sound good....System 1 sounds a little more powerful, but then again I havent jacked both up to a high volume yet.

HOW DO I CHOOSE!
Minor_Deity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
ARGH I have such a dilemma on my hands. I have to choose between two speaker systems. I CANT CHOOSE!

System 1: £80 from argos. 100W total output. Onboard Dolby Digital Decoder, with fancy remote control. But the speakers hiss audibly when not in use....but maybe I would get used to this.

System 2: £70 from mail-order. But cost £9 to deliver, and probably about £5 to return if I decided to keep system 1. Analogue without decoder (but my computer outputs enough channels to give 5.1 surround sound). Hisses less. Has headphone socket! But is a weaker system, at 90W total output.

So far listening to both, they both sound good....System 1 sounds a little more powerful, but then again I havent jacked both up to a high volume yet.

HOW DO I CHOOSE!
90w is still very powerful. You shouldn't be playing it that loud anyway (not if you want to keep you neighbours happy) so the high power is really just useful for making sure the system can cope well with anything you put into it, and 90w should be more than enough for this.

Alternativly, ask Rosie to ask her dad
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ROSIE...ask your dad! PLEEEEASE!
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Minor_Deity)
Staurday! And I'm pritty much feeling: :cool: :confused: :eek: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:. Hmm, yeh. That sums it up nicely.
i'm going on saturday too, and feeling like this:

:confused: :eek: :eek: :confused: :cool: :cool:
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by priya)
i'm going on saturday too, and feeling like this:

:confused: :eek: :eek: :confused: :cool: :cool:
I know the feeling, both of them. Me i'm more :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Minor_Deity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
I know the feeling, both of them. Me i'm more :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Wahoo! I'm a trend setter :cool:

priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Minor_Deity)
Wahoo! I'm a trend setter :cool:

emoticons really are the way forward. nobody would want to read an essay on how we were feeling, a little smiley is so much easier to read
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in my house the speakers are measured in kws
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.94%
No (281)
78.06%

Watched Threads